credit cards accepted?

tmrmom

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what credit cards are accepted at WDW and are they excepted everywhere for food (even for snacks)? I want to know ahead of time because I don't want to carry alot of cash.

I know that Visa, MC, Discover, & AE are accepted at all sit down restaurants and all the gift shops. I think the same cards are accepted at counter service food locations. I saw a post that said a lot of the carts were also accepting cards with more carts being added as time goes by.

So the answer is [or soon will be] that all major cards [including bank check cards with Visa or MC logos] are accepted everywhere at WDW.

There are also ATMs at all the resorts and in all the parks. There is a $2.50 fee to use the ATMs plus whatever your bank may charge.

We carry very little cash with us at WDW. We love to use our room charge - and have found very few places that didn't accept it. Some of the small ice cream carts can't take them, but most of them do these days. Makes it so much easier to just worry about one form of payment everywhere. HTH! :)

If you are staying at a Disney resort you can use your room card as a charge card just about anywhere within WDW. If you want to do this when you check in they will ask you for a major credit card and encode your room card into their computer system with the info. Only some of the stand alone carts in the theme parks cannot take charge cards since not all of them have a telephone connection.
If you use your room key as a charge card you can get a print out from your front desk anytime to check for accuracy. They will also give you a complete listing at check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter