• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Credit Card Strategies (Churn/MS/Points!)

You're welcome. It's quite out of the way for me but i'm debating a trip to Target tonight to load some money. But - it will cost me about $10 in tolls (I live in Canada). Not sure if 2,500 Southwest points is worth it. Then again, I have a Companion Pass so that's $35 x 2 = $70 value if I load up tonight.

Finally! I love this game. Going to Japan First Class this year, Australia in business, and went to Abu Dhabi in first class last year and did London/Paris all on points!

There's a lot of swirl on the RedBird card today....but no one's mentioned the Amex for Target prepaid (pre-Redbird). I haven't used it in awhile, but it was always a great go-to if I need to MS up quickly. Has anyone heard anything?

On a side note, things not looking good for the RBird!! Stay tuned, but too many datapoints emerging. I'm gonna try to get a final load today. Reassess when the dust settles.

Going tonight also. Hoping if cc's stop that the debit card option will still be working. I'd much rather go to Target than Walmart!

If it's debit only, I wonder if the Vanilla and/or Visa/MC gift cards will work as debit, a la Walmart Bluebird?

Did my $2500 reload on Redbird at Target. The cashier didn't mention anything about credit card loads going away. I did see on another forum that some Targets started implementing no credit card loads today. Well, if this goes away I imagine I will see how Serve and Softcard work.

As reported yesterday, CC loads on the RBird are dead. Quick, everybody scatter and meet up at the rendezvous point; wait for further instructions!! Seriously though,there are reports coming in that debits are still allowed similar to Serve. That changes the game back to finding the largest debit cards with the lowest fees (Simon Mall, Staples, Michaels, grocery, portal). There's still a lot of dust that needs to settle though.

Bluebird doesn't, unless I've missed some new development. I'm glad the debit seems to still be working. I haven't had any push back at my Target when loading, so I'll happily go there rather than the always broken Kate at my Walmart. I'm not counting this one as dead yet, just not as awesome.

Bluebird doesn't, unless I've missed some new development. I'm glad the debit seems to still be working. I haven't had any push back at my Target when loading, so I'll happily go there rather than the always broken Kate at my Walmart. I'm not counting this one as dead yet, just not as awesome.

What kind of debit cards are you picking up?

I would much rather go to target than walmart any day, some of the travel blogs have also noted success loading the prepaid with Visa gift cards.

I wish people wouldn't go so overboard with the ms stuff. If you read any of the the ms boards or blogs you'll find people with 10- 20 Redbirds, loading to the max each load. Of course these things will get shut down quickly with people doing stuff like that.

I wish people wouldn't go so overboard with the ms stuff. If you read any of the the ms boards or blogs you'll find people with 10- 20 Redbirds, loading to the max each load. Of course these things will get shut down quickly with people doing stuff like that.

Wow! I don't even know how I would wrap my head around keeping track of all of that. My husband and I had one each, that was it, and I felt like that was a handful!

I have an Amex Visa I got from Staples - would I be able to use this as a debit to load Redbird? I have never used debit cards yet so trying to wrap my head around it.

You don't have an Amex Visa; you either have an Amex or a Visa gift/debit card. If it's an Amex, you won't be able to use it to load because it codes a credit card which are no longer allowed. A Visa or MC has a pin and will code as a Debit which is still allowed.

Yup, pin-enabled gift cards still work! I'd rather go to Target than Walmart any day.

Amex GC are not pin-enabled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter