credit ahead

luvsTink

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I have seen a few posts about "gifting" credit to a cabin. But I am considering putting my money on my cabin ahead of time. Has anyone else done this? Has anyone ever had a problem wiith it not begin there once you get to the ship? Can this be done online? I have looked all over the dcl website and can't find a way to pay in advance.

Thanks!
Anne

You can call and have credit added to the reservation as if you were "gifting" it to someone. We have done this in the past and never had a problem, it has always been there when we arrived. Call 1-800-601-8455 and tell them you want to apply a room credit to a reservation.

Can you have stateroom credit "gifted" to you before you've paid off your cruise in full?

Folks have been asking for Christmas gift ideas for us and I've been telling everyone we want stateroom credit for the August repo cruise ... but we won't have the cruise paid in full until January/February.

So just wondering if that'll cause "issues" if someone wants to apply stateroom credit now. :)

I believe all DCL requires is a confirmation number or date of sailing.....I don't think it would matter if the cruise was paid in full or not....I think that is a great idea to have people "gift" credit for your cruise!!!

Call DCL and ask them!!! Let us know!!!

Edited to add....I just checked DCL's website and printed out the order form for gifts....there is a section on the form for stateroom credit and you can choose $25.00, $50.00, $100.00, $250.00 or other.

All it requires is guest last name, which ship, booking id #, sail date, stateroom number (if available I assume).

They also want to know who it is to be addressed to/from and a gift message if you want to add one.

You can mail, fax or phone the order in.

I found the form under "My Disney Cruise", Stateroom Gifts, Exclusive Merchandise, then I clicked the order information link.

Hope this helps.

MJ

We used DU which was real easy. I don't know where you booked through, but if by chance you used them you just go to apply payments, put in amount, and list other. Then in notes put in stateroom credit. You'll get an e-mail confirming it later that day. hope this helps :firefight

I have done this through DU as the £/$ rate is very favorable ot us at this time, to cover the tips and some shipboard expenses

I calculated approximately how much we would spend on spa, drinks souveniers, etc and then put that money on account for our cabin before we left. It was excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter