creative way to give multiple gift cards...

shoney

DIS Veteran
My in-laws local butcher is going out of business...we usually call and order a gift certificate for them.

So, I was thinking of buying a bunch of restaurant gift cards...MIL is very ill and doesn't go out and they don't cook often, so it will be places that do take-out...outback, panera, boston market, etc....

Any creative, cute, or even practical ways to present the gift cards??? I don't mind spending an extra 25 or so dollars to do so. I know they are bummed about the butcher, so I want to make the "new" present exciting....any ideas???? Please....

I don't know if this is what you're thinking or not but we are giving DS some gift cards this year and I got the Target GC that comes with Legos. I took the legos out & they come in a little clear plastic box with a bow on the front. We put 5 GC in that. The box does not say Target but it does have little bullseye on the ribbon/bow.
And it's free so I could get another GC for inside the box!

How about decorating a Mini Christmas tree with gift cards. I did this last Christmas but used money and made it a money tree it was about 12 inches tall.

How about somehow taping them on plates? And then wrapping the plates? Or the places you get the gift cards from, get a take out box from them and put them in there?

I just bought a memo board at Kohl's for my daughter and I'm going to slide gift cards under the ribbons.

I've received a flower pot of gift cards. A little flower pot with that green sponge in the bottom. then the cards were taped to sticks (w/ bows on top) and stuck in the sponge. It was really cute!

are you crafty at all? Here is a photo of the gift card holder I gave my husband for his BD last year. It was actually very easy. Just pull each tab out and a gift card is adhered to the cardstock. Use Christmas paper of course. I can send you a link for the tutorial on you tube. It's not my tutorial so I'd prefer not to post the link on a public forum.

P1030671-1-1.jpg

P1030674.jpg

P1030667.jpg

We're doing a Christmas-type photo album full of gift cards for my inlaws. We got 12 restaurant gift cards, so it's a "year" of eating out. And we're going to write silly lyrics to the 12 Days of Christmas to put in the album with the gift cards.

SuZD, I agree that is beautiful! Would you mind PMing me the tutorial? My D has a bday right after Christmas, and this would be a great gift to fill with gift cards.

If they have a favorite candy, you can get a clear vase, fill the bottom half with candy and use something to stick the gift cards on and have them sticking out.. similar to a flower arrangement...

Buy an inexpensive wallet with the plastic credit card slots and put the gift cards in the plastic pages.

I saw a picture on FB the other day, someone won a prize, it was a small Christmas tree (2 feet tall maybe) and each gift card had a ribbon thru the hole on the cardboard that it was on and the gift cards were all hanging on the tree with a few ornaments. It was cute.

Wow, what great ideas, and Suz D that was amazing!

I am giving my step dad some gift cards this year for Christmas. I found a gift basket with a couple of pine cones and a touch of greenery from what looks like a pine or Christmas tree. I am making him a gift basket with his favorite candies & cookies in it and I'm adding a small gift card box as well. It really looks cute so far.

are you crafty at all? Here is a photo of the gift card holder I gave my husband for his BD last year. It was actually very easy. Just pull each tab out and a gift card is adhered to the cardstock. Use Christmas paper of course. I can send you a link for the tutorial on you tube. It's not my tutorial so I'd prefer not to post the link on a public forum.

P1030671-1-1.jpg

P1030674.jpg

P1030667.jpg

Wow! Very nice! I would love the link!

Great ideas all around and lots to think about! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

We have given gift cards a lot of years to my parents. We have done:
1.) Hanging them like ornaments from the Christmas tree
2.) Coupon organizer: with labels for each restaurant instead
3.)A wreath with gift cards put all the way around
4.) Photo Album with left side with gift card and right side with description
5.) A Christmas card holder with gift cards instead of cards
6.) A gift card puzzle holder( bought at Kohls)
7.) Wrap your gift inside a plastic two liter bottle ( We cut a hole, arranged cards inside with paper and a small gift and made a new label and glued on.)
8.)This year we are just getting the plastic holder that you get to put index cards in. We will decorate it.

My mom made me a gift card tree one year! I loved it! She got a small table top artificial tree and clipped the gift cards to it! :goodvibes

Hi Suz D - I would love the link to the tutorial for creative ways to give multiple gift cards. Your project is beautiful!!

Thank you!!

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter