Creative way to give cash for a birthday gift..

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
I really don't like to do this - cash seems so impersonal - but GC's are not an option, recipient really can't think of anything specific she wants right at the moment, so cash it will be..

This is for my DGD - who will soon officially become a "teen".. Yep - 13 years old..(Where or where did all of those years go??????? :sad1::sad1:)

I don't want to just give it to her in an envelope though, so I was trying to think of something more creative that I could at least have something to wrap..

Right now I'm considering getting a small tree branch from outside - with several smaller branches on it - attaching the $20 bills to that - putting it in a box - wrapping it - and then attaching a note along the lines of, "Maybe Dad could transplant this for you out in the yard..."

I was hoping that maybe someone here would have some other ideas as well - maybe something I would find more appealing.. Her party is going to have to be held indoors (rain in the forecast for the next 5 days), so it can't be anything that involves her having to go outside and "search" for anything..

Anyone?

Thanks..:)

I really don't like to do this - cash seems so impersonal - but GC's are not an option, recipient really can't think of anything specific she wants right at the moment, so cash it will be..

This is for my DGD - who will soon officially become a "teen".. Yep - 13 years old..(Where or where did all of those years go??????? :sad1::sad1:)

I don't want to just give it to her in an envelope though, so I was trying to think of something more creative that I could at least have something to wrap..

Right now I'm considering getting a small tree branch from outside - with several smaller branches on it - attaching the $20 bills to that - putting it in a box - wrapping it - and then attaching a note along the lines of, "Maybe Dad could transplant this for you out in the yard..."

I was hoping that maybe someone here would have some other ideas as well - maybe something I would find more appealing.. Her party is going to have to be held indoors (rain in the forecast for the next 5 days), so it can't be anything that involves her having to go outside and "search" for anything..

Anyone?

Thanks..:)

That is similar to what my friend did for my dd's 13th! She took a branch and sprayed it white and painted it with some sort of glitter stuff (so it looked like snow-ice like).

Then she folded the money accordion style and tied them to the tree with narrow ribbon. She varied the bills, and folded them in such a way that you couldn't tell what the bill was, so each un-tie was a fun surprise!

Another idea of heard is to get a tissue box and replace some tissues with the money.

For Christmas, I wrapped up dollar bills in a toilet paper roll. I unrolled it, then wrapped the forty ones in as I re rolled the toilet paper. He laughed the entire time he was unrolling it.

For Christmas, I wrapped up dollar bills in a toilet paper roll. I unrolled it, then wrapped the forty ones in as I re rolled the toilet paper. He laughed the entire time he was unrolling it.

That's a cute idea.. Especially since we're always busting on her about how much TP she uses (you can hear it unrolling) and asking her if she's "wrapping a present"..:rotfl:

Fold the bills an sitck them between the inner an outer wrapper of candy bars...some of the candy bars has money some don't.

A small photo album or scrap book, diary etc an use very tiny pieces of tape to tape bills to the pages.

start her a notebook of short stories about your life promise to add to it every year on her bday. Items needed 3 ring notebook an some plastic sleeves for putting your stories in my mom usually uses 1 sheet of paper per sleeve.

I gave 2 nephews $20 in $1 bills last year in straws. I cut regular drinking straws into 1/3s and then tightly wrapped crisp $1 bills and pushed them into the straws and then sprinkled in the rest of the straws all cut up into the box.

My brother (the father of one of the recipients) is a practical joker and got a kick out of watching his son open that gift.

To get the straws out one would could gently make a slit in the straw and pull the money out or push the money through one end of the straw.

One time at a Birthday party I saw someone give cash in a chinese food container (like a rice box). They attached a couple of fortune cookies to the handles. The small card read "You are one fortunate cookie!" The cash was inside the container. I've never used the idea, but I always thought it was cute.

You can take a small box, jewelry type works well, and fold the bills inside themselves like a tissue box. So when you pull one out the next pops up.

OR

You can get a ring box. Fold the bills into a ring (you can find the instructions online) and put the ring in the box. They will first think jewelry, but then get money.

We have also used the puzzle boxes. You have to move a ball through the maze and once it is at the end you push a button and a draw pops open. :rotfl2:

I put $20 one dollar bills inside 20 balloons for DDs birthday. Roll them, slide them in, then add air. I put them in a large garbage bag to carry them and dumped them in the floor where we were opening presents. Her card had a pin inside. She is 17 and not easily amused, but had a blast popping all the balloons!

I once made quarterpounder for my sons and neice and they loved them. They still ask for a quarterpounder.

Ask you local McDonalds for a quarterpounder roll, box and a small bag.

Take a roll of quarters and glue together (Elmers glue works best). I glue them on a round cardboard base the size of the hamburger. Then take the dollars and fold them over to make the lettuce. Wrap in the wrappe/place in the quarterpounder box. Place in the McDonald's bag.

It was a hit with the teens in my house! So easy to do too.

One creative way my parents gave my children money one year was super cute and fun. This is assuming the recipient is going to open the presents inside their house. They got a huge box. Went that morning and got all kinds of balloons filled with helium. When they got home they tied the bills on the bottom of the strings. Some strings were cut super short and only a couple were left long. They put the balloons in the box, easily taped the lid shut and then wrapped it like a gift. Kids still got to open something but it was cash inside. By the time the kids realized cash was on the balloons, they were only able to catch a couple. It was so cute. They went to squealing and jumping for it. For the next few days they did everything they could think of to make the balloons fall. This was also a great way to make it last a few days lol.

I gave a friend cash for her baby shower gift and I folded bills to look like roses and put them in a vase from the $1 store. Just google it, after the first one it was pretty easy.

When I was heading to study abroad, my grandparents gave me a travel umbrella that zipped inside of a tote - very cool and great for travel! They then insisted I open the umbrella. When I opened it, they had put several $100 bills inside, and they all fell out on my head. I thought that was neat!

My DS7 had a pirate themed birthday party this year and I went to the bank and got the gold dollar coins (25 in a roll) and put them in a small cardboard treasure chest.

Great ideas! Keep them coming - as I have until late tomorrow night to pull this off..

This biggest problem is that I'm here at the lake - no access to stores to speak of - and all of my artsy/craft supplies are back at my DD's house where I spend the harshest of the winter months.. Not much to work with here..

I was wishing I had one of those small 4x6 photo albums up here because I was thinking I could print out one photo of her - for each of the 13 years - put them in the sleeves and put cash behind each one..

I have one of those accordian coupon file things - that's not really meant for coupons (it's a little bigger) - so maybe I'll check the size of the pockets in that and see if the photos would work..

Yes? No?

Thanks all..:)

I have two ideas. when i was 13, my aunt and uncle gave me 25 bucks all in ones and in a gift box about the size of a one pound candy box. it was pretty cool. (back in 73 25 was a lot of money to a 13yr old. one time I gave my kid money and stapled the ones end to end and used a small kleenex box so he pulled the frist one and they just kept comming. he got a kick out of it. or if you want to be a bit on the snarky side you could freeze it in a block of ice. i have done that too.

I have done the block of ice thing, and I have also gotten $50 in ones and bought a box of 60 envelopes. I placed 1 dollar in each enevelope and stuck sticks of gum in the remaining 10 sealed them, mixed them up and put them back in the envelope box. Then I wrapped the box. He opened the box of envelopes and tried to give me a genuine thank you for the envelopes. I had to tell him to open the envelopes. He had a ball ripping envelopes open for a while.

When I've given money to kids, I do origami with the bills... it takes a while but don't be upset when they unfold the little animal you made as soon as they get it... though I did have one nephew that kept the bills folded on a shelf in his room... don't know for how long... but some kids will actually keep the money instead of spending it instantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter