Create your theme park --- with past Disney attractions!

splashmountainjaxson

AP Holder & DVC Member
In thinking about Disney years past .... and the constant rumor of yet, another Disney theme park ..... I thought, why not make a park that has "Attractions from Disney's Past" ..... what would you bring back ??

I would envision a blend of all the old rides, in ONE park, regardless of their original theme park home...

If I could ride Horizon's again .... that would be the BEST.
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
The Original --- Journey Into Imagination.

I would agree to all of those and add:

If You Had Wings
Mickey Mouse Revue (I think that was the name)
Kitchen Caberet
The Sky Buckets (maybe, maybe not)

That would be too cool.
Definitely Horizons, World of Motion, the original Figment and Dreamfinder, Living Seas before it became a cartoon ride (no attacks please -- I know the little kiddies like it!), the Sky Ride, Walter Cronkite doing the original Spaceship Earth attraction -- but with the new animatronics. Again, I could do without the cartoon at the end. After a couple times, it's not really that amusing................ :-) And something simple that we always enjoyed, "If You Had Wings".
I'm sure there are more I'm missing, but I'd love to ride them all again.

To me, the next logical "theme" for another Disney theme park would be sports. Sports would do well with rides, shows, eating and even theming of lands within the park. Of course Disney has real sports franchises, so there could be synergies. And it could stay open late...

Having said that, I'd be surprised if Disney announced a 5th park anytime soon. Or ever, for that matter.

I love all of the suggestions, but i can not belive that no one has listed my fav......20,000 leagues under the sea. That was my favorite as a kid. My only consolation for it not being there any more is that I have one of the seats from the sub!:cool1:

Horizons would be my number one, I agree with that.

I'd add Dreamflight and Cranium Command to those already mentioned. And we'd need restaurants too! I want my old Akershus back!

If you brought back ALL the old rides.....I suppose that might be enough to fill a park...but it would kind of be a thematic jungle, wouldn't it?

What about past versions of current rides?

What about proposed rides that were never built, can we include those?

Would we also include past incarnations of various restaurants?

I would bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not for any exciting reason other than I remember riding it when I was 5.
On my first trip back at 27, I could remember where it was and would like to do it as an adult.

I would totally bring back restaurants --- for example, I know this was not in a park ... but the old Top of the World --- I would want that back for sure.

Plus, I loved the Diamond Horse Shoe Revue as a kid ... circa 86/87

Gosh, even the original Electric Parade ...

I am sure I could go on and on ....

I want a Disney thrill park that has Disney themeing. However, I doubt I will ever get it due to Disney decending quality in parks.

Disneyland>Epcot>Magic Kingdom>California Adventure>Animal Kingdom>Hollywood Studios

California Adventure is better than to other parks because of the layout. Because there is less land there is less empty space, meaning there is an attraction where ever you turn. Also there are as many E-tickets as there are in either park, with 2 more on the way.

from way back when:
Journey into Inner Space
America the Beautiful in Circlevision
The original mine train ride with the bubbling pools

And more recently
Cranium Command
The original Tiki Room
The original Figment
Mr Toad!!!
The Sky Buckets

I'd like to see the Skyway return and maybe find a spot for the Adventurer's club! :goodvibes

What was the ride (maybe a flight simulator type thing?) at MK in Tomorrowland, I think where the current Buzz Lightyear ride is? DH and I rode that over and over during our honeymoon in '93.

I also want Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues. And I wouldn't mind seeing Captain EO again.

IF this were all possible, I wouldn't need to visit the other parks ever again!!
How about the original studios tour ride, where you also went into the sound stages, etc. and saw the Golden Girls house.
And there was a small show at Epcot where they had a little presentation with a character named I/O-it ended with a curtain going back and a quick look at WDW computers.
And a film somewhere (MK?)called Magic Journeys--anybody remember that?

And don't even get me started on the old restaurants!!

The "Lost Kingdom" is good--or maybe Nostalgia Land??

Maybe we could have a part of the theme park where there are variations of Mr Toad's ride.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride with the Princesses/Fairies
Mr Toad's Haunted Wild Ride
Mr Toad's Wet Wild Ride
Mr Toad's Wild Ride in Space

Can you tell I miss Mr Toad :sad1:

Nostalgia Land !!!! Love it !!!

If this park has all the oldies, but goodies .... give me River Country!

Plus, I miss the Penny Arcade and the Magic Shop from Main Street !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter