Crazy to go on July 4?

DVC@BWV

*Yakkety Yak*
I guess my title says it all - will it be crazy at US/IOA on July 4? This looks to be the best day I can fit it in during our Disney trip. We'll have FOTL (paying for an onsite room for the night), so also have July 5 to finish up whatever we miss. No little kids - DS is nine. Need the experts' thoughts on this please - TIA! :)

I guess my title says it all - will it be crazy at US/IOA on July 4? This looks to be the best day I can fit it in during our Disney trip. We'll have FOTL (paying for an onsite room for the night), so also have July 5 to finish up whatever we miss. No little kids - DS is nine. Need the experts' thoughts on this please - TIA! :)

Well we are going July 3-10th and staying onsite if that helps. We went last year a couple of days after July 4th and is was packed but staying onsite makes it enjoyable. Just remember it will be crowded walking around though.:thumbsup2

Since you are staying onsite that will make things easier for you. The Express Wait time might be a little longer than normal but it shouldn't be that bad. :thumbsup2

We will be there the week prior to the 4th, but since we are staying onsite I'm not to worried about it. :banana::banana:

be a rebel........
:smokin:

go and have a blast!
use the express lines for everything but eat at the off times.
that way you'll find a seat/table for your group if you do counter service.

i don't do the 4th of July.
i just read about it.

the ones that go do love it and manage the crowds fine.
use the single line ride if the express line is longer than usual.
you can't do much chattering with each other on some of the rides...

staying on site will be a blessing to have for your visit at UO.
short walk back to the hotel, pool available for some down time, what a way to enjoy a vacation......

take me with youse....

bluer101 we are going to be there too, from the 4th - 10th at RPR...we have been going for the 4th since 2006. Its the only time I have a full weeks vacation, but I have had no trouble with crowds. The fotl is soooo awesome. Dont get me wrong...there are people there, but to me mostly from 11-4 and then it starts to die down and get somewhat cooler. If you have the express pass you should have no trouble whatsoever.

bluer101 we are going to be there too, from the 4th - 10th at RPR...we have been going for the 4th since 2006. Its the only time I have a full weeks vacation, but I have had no trouble with crowds. The fotl is soooo awesome. Dont get me wrong...there are people there, but to me mostly from 11-4 and then it starts to die down and get somewhat cooler. If you have the express pass you should have no trouble whatsoever.

Thats cool, maybe we can hook up for some rides, as we are staying at RPR also.:thumbsup2 Its going to be me, DW, DS 7, and DW's brother 16. I also only have 2 full weeks this time of year.

We are also going to be there from July 2-7....I've been a little nervous about this as I am not very good with crowds. I have been dreading the busy-ness of the park for a while now, but am so thankful that we are staying on site and can appreciate it a little more. We have a pool at the hotel for when we need to get away in the afternoon. We have a car ready for us if we need time away. All in all, we will be taking advantage of some of the perks (FOTL, single rider lines) and I hope that I can handle all of the people there!

We are also going to be there from July 2-7....I've been a little nervous about this as I am not very good with crowds. I have been dreading the busy-ness of the park for a while now, but am so thankful that we are staying on site and can appreciate it a little more. We have a pool at the hotel for when we need to get away in the afternoon. We have a car ready for us if we need time away. All in all, we will be taking advantage of some of the perks (FOTL, single rider lines) and I hope that I can handle all of the people there!

In the summer we normally do the parks in the am while it is cool out. Then we head to one of the resorts for the afternoon for lunch poolside and swimming. Then we get showered up, get dinner, and return to the parks until closing. May I ask you what onsite hotel you are staying at? It's would be nice if some of the fellow Dis board people could all meet up.

In the summer we normally do the parks in the am while it is cool out. Then we head to one of the resorts for the afternoon for lunch poolside and swimming. Then we get showered up, get dinner, and return to the parks until closing. May I ask you what onsite hotel you are staying at? It's would be nice if some of the fellow Dis board people could all meet up.

My husband, step son (13y) and myself are staying at the RPR this time round. I have stayed here before and love it....

We always go on July 4th ever since 2004. The only year that was really "bad" in terms of fotl waits was 2007, and I remember the longest wait was about 30 minutes for Hulk and ROTM......not too bad.

But I will be there as well from the July 4th-11th, at RPR......Cant wait!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Wow, all these people going durring the same time same resort.:thumbsup2 I checked the when are you going thread and there were only a few at RPR for my dates. I think Barb is going durring part of the stay and is at PBH.

Thanks for all the replies! However, due to my ever changing woman's mind we may do US/IOA at the end of our trip instead (stay July 7-9). This way, we won't be rushing around during the July 4th weekend, trying to cram everything in, and the crowds should be a little better to handle on weekdays vice the holiday weekend. Decisions, decisions. :)

We will be checking in on July 8th and out on the 11th, myself, DW, DS(16) DD (13). Maybe a quick visit!!!:thumbsup2:confused3:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the replies! However, due to my ever changing woman's mind we may do US/IOA at the end of our trip instead (stay July 7-9). This way, we won't be rushing around during the July 4th weekend, trying to cram everything in, and the crowds should be a little better to handle on weekdays vice the holiday weekend. Decisions, decisions. :)

i thought you already booked the hotel for the july 4th period.

if you haven't booked yet, you should soon.

you never know what type of rooms or choice of hotel will be available for your time period.

i thought you already booked the hotel for the july 4th period.

if you haven't booked yet, you should soon.

you never know what type of rooms or choice of hotel will be available for your time period.

I did book a room already, so will have to cancel and rebook for the later date if I decide to change. I'm leaning towards the later date now - I had forgotten about the concert and it sounds like it's going to be really crowded now. :confused3

check out if the dates you want to switch to are still open.

maybe that will be the clincher on which time period to do universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter