crazy to do dining plan this late???

kateej

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking of planning a last minute trip to WDW Feb 26-ish to March 3rd-ish. Yes, I'm a very last minute planner!

Is it too late to get decent ADRs to make the dining plan worthwhile? We did the dining plan in 2007 and thought it was a bit too much food, but with the changes think it would be good -- plus, i just find it so much easier to deal with. But, we would like to do a lot of character meals - like Tusker House, Crystal Palace, princesses, maybe others. (i'm so bummed that got rid of characters at Liberty Tree Tavern!). If I can't get any ADRs for Character meals, I'm not sure it's worth doing the regular plan - maybe just quick service. Can I check into booking ADRs before I have the rest of the plans made (including where I"m staying)?

You could call to make your ADRs before you book the trip to help you decide if you should do the DDP or not.

That way you'll know what's really left.

Just call and find out what's available. You don't need a confirmation number from a ressie; anybody can book ADRs. If you can't book enough you like, cancel them and don't book the plan. But my guess is you can get most anything but the castle or Chef Mickey's. And ITA about LTT. In fact, we booked our last trip to start on Jan 5 so we could enjoy the characters one last (and my friends, one first) time.
My favorite character meal is, of course, Donald's Safari Breakfast, at TH. Many unique dishes, and the only chance to meet :love: Daisy. The character meals at resorts other than CM usually are easier to book. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter