Crazy things parents let their kids do

PirateSnowmen

DIS Veteran
This afternoon I was driving home from the store when I saw a girl, no older than 12, riding in the car with her mom and BOTH of them were smoking a cigarette :eek: There was absolutely no way that girl could have been any older than 12 years old. I'm not gonna lie - this totally surprised me. I've seen kids around that age smoking before & heard kids that age talking about smoking, but I have never seen a kid that age smoking with his/her parents.

What are some other crazy things you've seen parents let their kids do?

I remember back in March my parents and I were waiting in the line (the VERY LONG line) at Earl of Sandwich in DTD and all of a sudden this kid lies down on the floor right by the register where everyone has to walk. The boy was about 3 or 4 and his parents just looked at him, shrugged their shoulders and walked away continuing with what they were doing. They didn't make the kid get up until they finally got their order, which meant the kid was lying there for at LEAST 5-10 minutes. They didn't scold him or anything - they acted like it was totally natural. Everyone was tripping over the kid and the parents saw it, but did nothing about it :sad2:

The things some parents let their kids do is truly incredible...

wow, seriously great example to be setting for ur kids on the second way. and the first way looks way past that, just crazy.

A couple years ago at Spoodles, there was a really large group of people and one girl (who had to have been 15 or 16) was half on top of the table sleeping. And her parents let her. I just don't get it. I understand being tired, but you'd think a girl that age could make it through dinner at least.

My friend's mums give them drink to go out on the weekend and get drunk. They're all underage. My one friend came in to school hungover yesterday and she told me she hadn't had much to drink, just what her mum gave her. I swear I'd be in a coma if I had what she did.

This boy got caught selling pot, which his dad had supplied him with.

I also can't stand it when parents let their younger children, crawl under your table in a restaurant or lean over and stare at you or kick the back of your seat on a plane/bus/etc.

I'm a miserable git xD

Oh.My.God.
I totally agree with this.
Me and my Dad went to the cinema to see a film. This five year old kid had his legs on my SHOULDERS. His parents just looked at me when I turned around to complain to them. >.<
I went crazy.
Then, me and my friend Meg went to the cinema another time, and this girl who was about seven was kicking the backs of our chairs. Seriously, I thought her mother would have said something. No chance.
:headache::headache::headache:

over nite parties, good or bad parenting?

Everytime I go to the parks, I see little kids slobbering all over the hand rails. Like literally licking/sucking on them. I can't believe their parents let them do that because 1. it's disgusting, and 2. it's completely germ ridden.

Or, I'm sorry, but when parents let their kids get SO overweight! I see kids all the time that can barely walk, yet they're eating chicken nuggets or something. To me, that's just awful and a form of child abuse.

Or when parents let their kids dress a certain way. Like when I see an 8 year old wearing a tight low cut top and super short shorts, I always blame the parents.

I know a girl whose father gives her weed, cigarettes, alcohol. Even gets high with her.
:sad2:

I've never seen anything crazy like absurd underage drinking or young teenagers smoking but parents and little children at movie theaters drive me to the extreme. Children that stand up during the movie, scream, kick your chair, or text throughout the entire movie are such an annoyance and their parents just sit there and don't do anything. A movie is for the entire audience to enjoy, not just your particular child and their annoying antics.

My mom's best friend lets her son host and attend co-ed sleepover parties. And it's not like the boys are sleeping downstairs and the girls are sleeping upstairs - they all sleep in the same room.

Those parents are also letting their kids stay in a house together for a week at the beach with no adult supervision.

:sad2: i was at WDW in December of 2008 and my family and me were eating in that irish restaurant in DTD (i can't remember the name) and the parents at the next table over were talking away on their cell phones while their four kids were running around the restaurant screaming and drinking those sugar packets :mad: on another trip my mom and my sister were waiting for us while we rode the Rockin' Roller Coaster. My sister had bought a smoothie and some kid came up and drank it! Again, the dad was chatting away on his stupid phone! I mean jeez it's DISNEY WORLD your boss or friend or employee or whoever is calling you can WAIT

I get sad when I see a young teen smoking around their parents. So irresponsible, its like they don't value their childs life.

I get more irritated with stuff parents lets little kids do though than if they supply a 15 year old with alcohol.

When a kid is crawling around a restaurant it makes me so angrrryyyy.
Also, like Hazzi I hate when parents let their kids run amuk and like...if the kid comes up to you are throws something at you or talks to you or whatever.....what do you do?? It makes me so uncomfortable because I'm scared I'll talk to a kid then the parent will freak on me!
I HATE it when kids stare at you in restaurants too (though that's not a parents fault) like, when you're in the next booth over and a kid keeps turning around to stare at you! LOL I get so uncomfortable!

To answer CastawayJ's question...I don't see anything wrong with sleepovers :confused3

I get sad when I see a young teen smoking around their parents. So irresponsible, its like they don't value their childs life.

I get more irritated with stuff parents lets little kids do though than if they supply a 15 year old with alcohol.

When a kid is crawling around a restaurant it makes me so angrrryyyy.
Also, like Hazzi I hate when parents let their kids run amuk and like...if the kid comes up to you are throws something at you or talks to you or whatever.....what do you do?? It makes me so uncomfortable because I'm scared I'll talk to a kid then the parent will freak on me!
I HATE it when kids stare at you in restaurants too (though that's not a parents fault) like, when you're in the next booth over and a kid keeps turning around to stare at you! LOL I get so uncomfortable!

To answer CastawayJ's question...I don't see anything wrong with sleepovers :confused3

I'm not saying it's the parents fault their child is naturally curious, I'm just saying that when they turn around and stare at you the parents could at least tell their child that it's not polite. I don't like it when people watch me eat xD

Hmm I love sleepovers. Maybe he means the parents having their own party or the children having a party, party? xD

my good friend's parents are the party parents.
at their house, you can go get drunk, have sex, smoke, get high, do what every you want, and it is all good.
her parents just let it happen, and usually they are getting drunk too.
i mean, everyone there is usually at least 16, but still, they are gonna get in big trouble someday.
the cops get called on them all the time.

over nite parties, good or bad parenting?

Ahh it really depends on the parents, the childrens age, and what will be going on at these parties.

My mom's best friend lets her son host and attend co-ed sleepover parties. And it's not like the boys are sleeping downstairs and the girls are sleeping upstairs - they all sleep in the same room.

Those parents are also letting their kids stay in a house together for a week at the beach with no adult supervision.

We have co-ed sleepover's a lot here. Well not me, but my friends.. Mainly because we're all really close with the guys here. But it's not like we have no supervision at all. We all stay in the living rooms, and we're usually up all night playing video games anyways. We're such nerds. But I don't find those kind of co-ed sleepovers to be seen as bad-parenting.. it's when there ae no parents there.. or when the parents don't really care what they do. Trust me the one's here are VERY supervised, they're usually in there with us just about the entire time.

my good friend's parents are the party parents.
at their house, you can go get drunk, have sex, smoke, get high, do what every you want, and it is all good.
her parents just let it happen, and usually they are getting drunk too.
i mean, everyone there is usually at least 16, but still, they are gonna get in big trouble someday.
the cops get called on them all the time.

Thats how one of my friends mom is, she lets the kids smoke at her house, and most of the time drink. I haven't heard about them having sex over there, but I'm sure they do. I mean it's not like they'll be stopped.

I'm not saying it's the parents fault their child is naturally curious, I'm just saying that when they turn around and stare at you the parents could at least tell their child that it's not polite. I don't like it when people watch me eat xD

Hmm I love sleepovers. Maybe he means the parents having their own party or the children having a party, party? xD

whenever a kid stares as me in a restaurant. my immediate reaction is to make faces!! lol. that's probably horrible but i do nooooot know what else to do! lol like ill smile first, but then it's just....awkward, and there is nothing else for me to do.
(im ridiculous btw)

Ahh it really depends on the parents, the childrens age, and what will be going on at these parties.

We have co-ed sleepover's a lot here. Well not me, but my friends.. Mainly because we're all really close with the guys here. But it's not like we have no supervision at all. We all stay in the living rooms, and we're usually up all night playing video games anyways. We're such nerds. But I don't find those kind of co-ed sleepovers to be seen as bad-parenting.. it's when there ae no parents there.. or when the parents don't really care what they do. Trust me the one's here are VERY supervised, they're usually in there with us just about the entire time.

Thats how one of my friends mom is, she lets the kids smoke at her house, and most of the time drink. I haven't heard about them having sex over there, but I'm sure they do. I mean it's not like they'll be stopped.

I've been to (and hosted) a few co-ed sleepovers, my first was when I was 17.
I've never been to one where people were doing anything 'bad', the group I hang around with usually just play games/talk/eat/whatever. No weird sexual things lol
I don't see an issue with co-ed sleepovers/overnight parties.
I've stayed overnight after plenty of parties....it's better than drinking and driving.

I also had a few friends in HS whose houses were always open for a party...the parents just didn't care if you drank/smoked/whatever in the house--even if they were or weren't home.
I find that weird! And the guy whose house it was is a total deadbeat now....so ya...i think that was certainly bad parenting.

whenever a kid stares as me in a restaurant. my immediate reaction is to make faces!! lol. that's probably horrible but i do nooooot know what else to do! lol like ill smile first, but then it's just....awkward, and there is nothing else for me to do.
(im ridiculous btw)

I smile at them at first and hope it scares them away xD
It usually doesn't though and I have to stop myself from glaring at them.

my cousin does that, but they close friends thats it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter