CRAZY Kali River Rapids Experience

Your writing is hysterical! :rotfl:

I was told the same thing when Splash Mountain broke down once. They have very clear rules on not taking pictures "behind the scenes." Disney clearly only allows pictures of what they want you to take pictures of! I think this is also a rule on the some of the backstage tours...

Interesting blog (clever move posting it on the disboards and posting the link to get more readers over there)....however I don't understand your need to use the reference "drinking the Kool-Aid" several times. :confused3

Thanks for sharing your blog =) Your narration was very funny, I like your writing style!

Interesting blog (clever move posting it on the disboards and posting the link to get more readers over there)....however I don't understand your need to use the reference "drinking the Kool-Aid" several times. :confused3

Since the OP felt the need to explain what the ride was, I'd say her readers aren't necessarily disney fanatics and maybe don't get the draw of going to Disney. It's a blog about her family for the most part so why would she feel the need to get a bunch of Dis-ers to follow. IMHO posting the link saved her from writing it and posting pictures twice.

You don't understand my need to reference drinking the Kool-Aid because of the Jonestown reference? In retrospect, you are probably right about that. That was rude and disrespectful of me. I'll fix it. I was just looking for a way to say that I 'buy in to what Disney is selling.'

As far as linking it I looked at the guidelines and didn't think it broke any rules. And I don't make any money off how many hits I get on my blog so I'm not sure how 'clever' it was to post it. I just thought people on Disboards would think it was interesting.

As far as linking it I looked at the guidelines and didn't think it broke any rules. And I don't make any money off how many hits I get on my blog so I'm not sure how 'clever' it was to post it. I just thought people on Disboards would think it was interesting.

I think it's interesting! Thanks for posting :)

You don't understand my need to reference drinking the Kool-Aid because of the Jonestown reference? In retrospect, you are probably right about that. That was rude and disrespectful of me. I'll fix it. I was just looking for a way to say that I 'buy in to what Disney is selling.'

I do understand what drinking the Kool-Aid means I just don't understand why you would want to use a reference where it means 600 people died. Thanks you for considering to change it.

As for the clever comment...I meant it in a good way. :thumbsup2 enjoyed reading the blog and other ones too.

That was funny!

And actually, I don't think it's bad PR for Disney. There are stories on these boards about rides breaking down all the time. Mechanical things break, such is life. :flower3:

However, I must say I was impressed to know there is a sensor in those boats to let them know if there is too much water in them, and I thought they did a good job "rescuing" you :) (perhaps the airline industry could take some pointers from Disney...:rolleyes1) and it made for a memorable experience for your kids. :goodvibes

I had to laugh about the people soaked from the waist down; that pretty much describes me every time I ride. :lmao:

(although I'm sure having the boat/tube thing fill with water, rather than just being splashed, would be quite unnerving!)

I'm surprised the Cast Member told you what actually happened. Also, the reason for no backstage pictures is because they're in the middle of an evacuation. There are other people in boats waiting to be brought off, so the CM's don't want to wait for people to get pictures of their family while they're trying to get everyone off quickly and safely.

I don't think there is an issue with someone posting a link to a personal blog. If it was a competing site or some other for-profit venture, that would be an issue.

I enjoyed the blog post. Since you have kids, check out the book Love That Dog (if you haven't already). I think you'll see some similarities in writing style.

I do understand what drinking the Kool-Aid means I just don't understand why you would want to use a reference where it means 600 people died. Thanks you for considering to change it.

Honestly, I don't understand your need to point out something like that to this woman. She is clearly not trying to offend people and it is a VERY common saying.

My family had the same experience, but unfortunately it was during DH's turn on the baby-swap two-step. I say unfortunately because I'd have rather enjoyed the experience in a dorkish way, while he was merely irritated by it.

Loved the blog post! Your mention of Opryland caught me right away...many, many great memories!

Totally enjoyed your writing! Must be because I was raised in Canada but am now an imported Southerner ;)

Crazy!
Love the Opry Land reference! I was pretty sad last time I was there to find out they filled in the old rapids trenches finally. :(

I LOVE it!! Your blog is very cute and just so you know we have a goat named Kool-Aid. :lmao: The best guy EVER to sale a goat is in Texas and people joke about having to get some of his Kool-Aid. So this year...I couldn't help myself. If I'm willing to drive from KY to TX to get a goat, Imma gonna name him Kool-Aid. :rotfl2:

So, I totally get it. ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter