CRAZY July car rental prices!

I've also booked a car for December using 004C005932 code (Island Realty). And I felt fine with it for the reasons mentioned by the PP, having found it on Mousesavers. BUT, I've just checked again and this code no longer appears at Mousesavers. Does anyone know why?

I wonder if the owner of the agency has asked to have it removed.

Now I'm nervous about using it. It gave me a great rate but I don't want problems. Is there a way to check this with someone from Mousesavers?

I've also booked a car for December using 004C005932 code (Island Realty). And I felt fine with it for the reasons mentioned by the PP, having found it on Mousesavers. BUT, I've just checked again and this code no longer appears at Mousesavers. Does anyone know why?

I wonder if the owner of the agency has asked to have it removed.

Now I'm nervous about using it. It gave me a great rate but I don't want problems. Is there a way to check this with someone from Mousesavers?
Hmmm ... I didn't use it. I just emailed Mary to ask why it was removed. Since Mary did remove it I now agree with mmmgood and that anyone who uses should be careful.

Are you aware there is a December car rental thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2464450

Hmmm ... I didn't use it. I just emailed Mary to ask why it was removed. Since Mary did remove it I now agree with mmmgood and that anyone who uses should be careful.

Are you aware there is a December car rental thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2464450

Well I posted here because of the debate over the code. I figured that was ok since I'm not discussing the actual rates etc for December, just the issue of concern with use of this code.

Do you expect a response from Mary about this? I thought about e-mailing her but I figured the chances of a response were slim given that she probably receives a gazillion e-mails.

This code gave me such a great rate that I would be disappointed not to be able to use it.

Well I posted here because of the debate over the code. I figured that was ok since I'm not discussing the actual rates etc for December, just the issue of concern with use of this code.

Do you expect a response from Mary about this? I thought about e-mailing her but I figured the chances of a response were slim given that she probably receives a gazillion e-mails.

This code gave me such a great rate that I would be disappointed not to be able to use it.
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to come off as snarky about posting on the July thread. Heck ... I'm not going in July, but in August. I just wanted to point you to the December thread to help find a replacement for the now questionable code. Codes that work in July are often blacked out in December.

ETA: I would personally keep the code but have a back up plan. I emailed Mary anyway ... I don't know if I'll get a response or not but it was worth a try.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to come off as snarky about posting on the July thread. Heck ... I'm not going in July, but in August. I just wanted to point you to the December thread to help find a replacement for the now questionable code. Codes that work in July are often blacked out in December.

ETA: I would personally keep the code but have a back up plan. I emailed Mary anyway ... I don't know if I'll get a response or not but it was worth a try.

Don't worry. No need to apologize :).

I hope we get some kind of answer. I'm actually in real estate, so I'm kinda hoping I can 'explain' my use of the code through a 'contact', if there is an issue. We'll see.

I have looked at basically every car rental company, and I am getting quoted at 400-500 dollars for my week in July consistently. We will be there from 7/20-7/27. I am used to paying between 150-200 for a weekly car rental. I have tried a few codes, but I am still getting crazy high prices. Is this because it is summer? Do I just need to wait until last min. deals become available? At the quotes I am getting renting a car is cost prohibitive for this trip... but I HATE the idea of not renting one. Just wanted to vent! Also, I welcome any useful codes or tips for decreasing the price in July!

I feel your pain. I'll be there 7/21-7/28. I'm going with ME for the time being, but my plan is to try priceline a couple of days before the trip and hope for the best! :thumbsup2 I've been looking at Hotwire recently and found that if you can book at the last minute, then the prices are really low, but then it's not summer yet, so that may all change. :rotfl:

I decided to e-mail Mary as well and just received a response from her about the Island Realty code.

It seems that Thrifty requested that the owner not publish it and that is why it was removed from mousesavers.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. I would not personally consider it a safe code for public use at this point. But that's just me.

I decided to e-mail Mary as well and just received a response from her about the Island Realty code.

It seems that Thrifty requested that the owner not publish it and that is why it was removed from mousesavers.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. I would not personally consider it a safe code for public use at this point. But that's just me.
I emailed too earlier, but was waiting for her OK to pass on the information. Mary is nice, isn't she? She used to be a frequent poster on the DIS.

BTW, I agree with your assessment of the code.

well I ended up reserving with Dollar at the Regal Sun Resort, for way more than I want to pay. :rotfl2:

I reserved a compact for $218 with taxes, for seven days, 7/21-7/28, using code KISS2. Alamo through the Dolphin was $251, so I got it a little cheaper, but the Dolphin would be way more convenient though.

I still have hopes that I'll be able to get a last minute deal through Hotwire from MCO, since their last minutes deals have been around $10 a day, instead of the $25 a day I have now. :guilty:

I'm now trying to find a rental car for August and some of my coupon codes are coming up with a grand total of $750! WOW! At that rate we may consider the Disney bus system but considering that we have deluxe dining we really need that car to get us around quicker!

We were looking for a rental for july 20th - 27th. Thifty had some good rates.
Corporate #: 004M001010
Coupon #" AU11

We got a van for around 430 we are sharing with another family.

I'm now trying to find a rental car for August and some of my coupon codes are coming up with a grand total of $750! WOW! At that rate we may consider the Disney bus system but considering that we have deluxe dining we really need that car to get us around quicker!

I checked from Aug 15 - 22nd and with Budget using BCD Number x474200 and ECoupon MUWZ023 for $25.00 off the total is $277.23 after coupon is applied at checkout for a minivan.

https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/a...&budgetCoupon=MUGZ029&CID=W852802_30offweekly

I just got Priceline to accept our rate and ended up with Avis midsize $343 for a week rental. Sunday to Sunday.

I just got Priceline to accept our rate and ended up with Avis midsize $343 for a week rental. Sunday to Sunday.
I'm confused why you did that when webworm gave you everything you needed to book a midsize from Budget for only $278 with taxes :confused3.

I love Priceline and have rented cars from them the past but it was way too early to book with them for mid-August ... especially when you could have had a reservation that you could cancel that was better.

Did you mis-type? Did you really get $243 per week?

Hi all!

We're travelling July 20-July29 and I'm in the same boat. The best rate I've been able to come up with is w/ Budget, 287.00 for an intermediate but w/ taxes and fees it's a total of 382.09!! :scared1:

I realize this is a 9 day rental but doesn't this seem high? I guess I was hoping for about a hundred dollars less. It's crazy!! We were originally going in May and I had a price of 130 for a week.

I used BCD number x474200 and ecoupon MUWZ023.

I am renting for about two weeks, late July to early August. I have tried every code and website listed on here, and the best I can do is about $700. Someone offline suggested a one-way rental to Tampa for a day, and then rent a one-way for the remaining time returning in Orlando. This came out considerably cheaper than renting round-trip in Orlando. I was going to Tampa anyway, or I wouldn't even consider this. I am going to continue checking round-trip rental in Orlando. I thought this may help others seeing very high rates. If you are touring the state, you may get a better price renting outside Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter