Crazy for the Pearls for Japan Pavilion?

I can't wait to do this. It sounds so neat. I love this board. This is something I would have never known. :cool1:

Lyssa

This is a must do for us each trip! We have picked some awesome pearls before! I picked out a big green pearl which is awesome, then my brother picked out a beautiful blueish greyish pearl. I love them!

What do you do with the pearls then? Is the jewelry pricey?

What do you do with the pearls then? Is the jewelry pricey?

you can always mount the pearls in silver instead of gold - brings the cost down.

I think this is something special you do for yourself!:lovestruc

I'm glad we have been able to spread the word! Go forth! and create memories!:love:

I love we have so many new "pearl" buddies!!!

Forget the alien green Mickey heads we could start a pearl identification instead!

I will try to load my photos onto the thread!!!

I've always passed this by in Japan, but I think on my next trip I'm going to give it a try. :cool1:

I loved getting my pearl! It was one of my favourite things to do. I got mine put into a necklace :goodvibes

Here's my pearl..

pearl.jpg

Oh my! I used mine like that on a charm bracelet, the idea is to fill it up, yes?:rotfl:

So I've been back from my Honeymoon for a bit and decided to let you guys know what I did about our Pearls! They are AMAZING!!!! You have the option to also get a oyster in Downtown disney with a pearl inside but wait for Epcot if you can!!! If my video of the experience wasn't over 10 minutes (too long to upload on youtube) I'd show everyone!

It was $14 a pearl and my husband and I both got one. We decided against getting them set in anything only because I couldn't decide if I wanted a new ring or a necklace. The girls that opened ours were VERY interactive! At one point in the middle of her opening ours, another woman, being very rude, jumped in and asked how much it was about 8 times. The woman opening our pearls did her best to ignore the woman before finally giving in and telling her how much.

They made a huge deal out of the fact that we were on our honeymoon and even gave us stickers that say "happy honeymoon" or something along those lines. It was a great experience I'll do everytime I'm in Disney! Thanks disboards for telling me about it! I would have never known!!!!!

wow this sounds interesting! We leave Monday morning, and I might have to try this. I would love to see more pictures of peoples settings! Thanks for all the info! :thumbsup2

We do this every trip. Love it!! By record, do you mean size? Our largest has been 7 1/2. We saw one person on our last trip end up with two from one oyster. Trip before we saw someone get a black pearl. We've not been that lucky....not yet anyways. :rolleyes1

How do you get a pirate ship out of an oyster?:thumbsup2

How do you get a pirate ship out of an oyster?:thumbsup2

cute!pirate:

Way back in '99, I was able to get a pearl at the Caribbean Resort; so I had it set with a octopus tentacles holding the pearl. I've not seen that setting since.

We have been lucky with this. We have 2 black pearls, 2 sets of "twins" & 1 green among the 20+ white pearls.

I think it was this thread that I said I have had many set in a tin cup necklace & bracelet set which I love.

On one trip I got really lucky I picked out a blue pearl and a green pearl ( two separate oysters) they are so beautiful! Plus the white yellowish and pink ish pearls we have picked out before! I have had some set. The others I actually have them loose I plan on having them all strung into a necklace once i get enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter