• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

crazy flight prices

I have spent 2 very frustrating days trying to get a flight booked for February. My problems are due to our Sunday to Saturday booking at AoA (which was all I could get for AoA for that period). It was also complicated by my efforts to meet up with my daughter in Toronto, who is flying in from Beijing, so we can all be on the same flight to Orlando. Every booking attempt resulted in a pop-up requiring me to call AC. The agent found me an economy flight for $960. I politely refused and call my TA. She wasn't able to get a booking for my schedule, either. I started playing around with combining economy and flex until I got on the same flight going to Orlando. We will have to come back on different flights. I still ended up paying $960 but at least I will get flex on the return trip. I am paying the same fare from YSJ as my daughter is from Beijing. Oh well, at least we will get there early enough to enjoy all 7 days of our park passes.

I paid $2437 for 3 of us to fly from Victoria BC (YYJ) to MCO for our November trip on Air Canada / United. So $809 / person. I haven't looked since I paid for them. I am scared to look, either the will be way more expensive and or their will have been as sale and now they are cheaper. We have flown out of Vancouver taking the ferry over the night before and doing a sleep & Park at a airport hotel, But DH doesn't want to land and then have 3 more hours of travel until we get home.

I paid $2437 for 3 of us to fly from Victoria BC (YYJ) to MCO for our November trip on Air Canada / United. So $809 / person. I haven't looked since I paid for them. I am scared to look, either the will be way more expensive and or their will have been as sale and now they are cheaper. We have flown out of Vancouver taking the ferry over the night before and doing a sleep & Park at a airport hotel, But DH doesn't want to land and then have 3 more hours of travel until we get home.

Since your fare is booked, it is best not to look any further. You are on a much longer flight for less than what I managed to get for my 5 hour flight (2 hours from YSJ to YYZ; 3 hours from YYZ to MCO) for less money. ;)
The seat sales seem difficult to grab with the very limited seats available. Have an amazing trip to WDW!!

I booked in May for December flights from Regina to MCO. Paid slightly more than you at $889 for DH and I and a little bit less for DS as he is flying down ahead with my inlaws on a different airline. I was worried that I would book and suddenly flight prices would drop. But they haven't - they have only gone up. I was really curious so checked not too long ago and they were at $1300+/- each which is just ridiculous IMHO. 3 years ago when we when (albeit slightly earlier in December) we paid under $600 each. I am just taking solace in the fact that I have good flight times with only one stop each way.

We booked in September for February - not MCO but for Hawaii - going to Aluani for huge birthday and I beat cancer celebrations!!!. I was shocked that we managed to get flights $400-$500 cheaper not including the exchange rate. We paid $740pp Canadian return - direct there and 1 stop at LAX coming home (and we used our aventura points so 4 flights cost us $2000) but prices from buf all had stops and were $1200-$1300 PPP. Crazy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter