• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crap Tax Stuff HAS to be mailed????

becca011906

DIS Veteran
DH and I finally got all our W2's in and he was online filling yesterday got all the stuff done then dh said "CRAP" .... it told him online for our fedral we have to mail it in this year and they aren't excepting them till 2/11 !!!! We were going to be using the $$ for our trip in March are we actully going to get it by then or do we need to count on our CC or savings for the trip?? We already have the package paid off w/ dinner but still we need some spending $$ !!! We have filed online for the past 5 years and never had to send in. I'm so worried... Suggestions ???

I haven't heard of that. I know of a few people that filed electronically and are expecting their refunds on the 25th?

Are you filing the 1040A? There have been tax code changes that affect that. I thought you could get around that by filing the long 1040.

My MIL said she heard something about they changing the filing fo thoes with dependents getting an extra refund for helping boost the economy or somthing like that so i was thinking maybe that refund/deduction whatever it is won't be in effect till 2/11 maybe that is why they are telling us to not file till after then... ??? DH used turbo tax same thing we've used the past 4-5 years to file online... so should we try to go back and file a 1040? Will it let us? I don't do all the tax stuff i just know that there is always good info on this board so i thought i would ask here and pass the info on to DH !!! LOL

The extra refund they are talking about isn't for sure yet and if it goes through will probably not be out until at least the end of June. The tax code changes are with certain forms like the dependent care credit. there is another thread with a list of the forms affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter