• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crap. Picked the wrong option from Undercover Tourist. Can I switch it at Disney?

Nicolejean

Earning My Ears
I accidentally picked the "Waterpark & Fun" option instead of Park Hopper. Can I change this at Disneyworld? It would be an upgrade since the Park Hopper costs more than the Waterpark & Fun option. Also, if I can upgrade, do I pay the original DW prices?

I accidentally picked the "Waterpark & Fun" option instead of Park Hopper. Can I change this at Disneyworld? It would be an upgrade since the Park Hopper costs more than the Waterpark & Fun option. Also, if I can upgrade, do I pay the original DW prices?

Its actually the same price at the gate for PH or WPF&M for only one so as long as you use the ticket first, not at a WP, to bridge the ticket to gate price they should be able to do the "upgrade" for free.

Its actually the same price for only one so as long as you use the ticket first, not at a WP, they should be able to do the "upgrade" for free.

Sorry, not following. :blush: What do you mean it's the same price for only one?

Edited to Add:
So, you're saying that they should just be able to change it to Park Hopper instead of Waterpark option?

Yes, you can change them and you *shouldn't* have to pay disney prices for the exchange. Sometimes it takes a while for the CM to perform the adjustments or a mgr has to override/authorize the procedure, but in the end it will work like this:

You bring your tickets to a cm and say "I'd like to upgrade these tickets to park hopper without water parks etc..."

At which point the CM should charge you for Disney rate(x days park hopper) -Disney rate(x days water park etc) and you pay the difference.

We've used UT tickets and had them upgraded at the resort on 3 of our previous trips and have never had to pay more than the cost of a disney to disney exchange.

Nicolejean said:

As I understand your post, you want to upgrade from tickets with the waterpark option to hoppers without the waterpark option. Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you can remove an option through the upgrade process. You can upgrade your tickets to hoppers with the waterpark option, however. Also, if you use the tickets at least once (but not completely) prior to the upgrade, then you will be credited the current gate price for the tickets that you are upgrading.

Yes, I'd like to get rid of the Waterpark option entirely and switch to just Park Hopper.

As I understand your post, you want to upgrade from tickets with the waterpark option to hoppers without the waterpark option. Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you can remove an option through the upgrade process. You can upgrade your tickets to hoppers with the waterpark option, however. Also, if you use the tickets at least once (but not completely) prior to the upgrade, then you will be credited the current gate price for the tickets that you are upgrading.

Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you can remove an option through the upgrade process.

Consider yourself "corrected." ;)

You CAN exchange one option for another.
Especially if the exchange either costs more money, or is cost-neutral (which is the case of the OP's desire.)

It is even "possible" (depending on the situation and the CM) to downgrade a ticket, but
"officially" there is to be no money refunded. (And, even that can sometimes be done
when the CM is offering a guest a bit of extra "pixie dust.")

Consider yourself "corrected." ;)

So I CAN switch? LOL :confused3

Also, there might be an option for me to upgrade with UT but I picked to have them shipped in 2 days so... not sure. I didn't order until after 2pm today though so if I call right away in the morning I might be able to catch it before they're shipped!

Sorry, not following. :blush: What do you mean it's the same price for only one?

Edited to Add:
So, you're saying that they should just be able to change it to Park Hopper instead of Waterpark option?

At the gate the PH and WPF+M cost the same $57. If you buy them both as like a package they are around $75 total.

And yes

Did you just do this today? If so, why not call Undercover Tourist and see if you can make the change before they send the tickets out.

Or even if you've received them, call them, tell them what you did, and I think they'll allow you to send them back and exchange them for what you wanted. UT's customer service is awesome. If you have time before your trip, I think I'd talk with them first.

Or even if you've received them, call them, tell them what you did, and I think they'll allow you to send them back and exchange them for what you wanted. UT's customer service is awesome. If you have time before your trip, I think I'd talk with them first.

Correct, but completely unnecessary in this case.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't have time. I picked 2 day shipping because we're leaving Saturday for FL. I do things a bit too last minute! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter