Crank calls on resort room phone?

iheartwalt

Mouseketeer
We have been here at Pop for 7 nights now and have received calls at 7:00 am, 10:30 pm, and midnight. Each time we answer and there is just silence. After the first two we have been unplugging our phone but our housekeeper plugs it back in everyday and I forgot to unplug to ight and received another call around 11 pm. I did call the front desk but I don't think there is anything they can do. We have never had this happen even once before and now 4 times on one visit seems a bit odd. Anyone else had this happen?

Calling the front desk won't do you any good, since you are actually talking to a call center that may not even be in Orlando. Weird but true. You need to go to the front desk in person and speak to the manager. We had something similar once when staying at a value that was also hosting a hoard of cheerleaders. The little darlings thought it was fun calling other rooms at random. The front desk was aware of the problem, but couldn't do anything about it.

Another thing that is fun is when you have someone trying to get into your room at 1 am because they are so drunk and couldn't remember where their room is! Security got there pretty quick though! :)

This thread has brought up embarrassing memories of my 8th grade DC trip. A group of otherwise really good kids, crank calling later at night around the hotel. Ugh. Even good kids can be super-stupid sometimes...

I'd just keep phone unplugged. It's odd the front desk can't tell who was calling your room from within the resort. I thought they'd have a calling log? Do the room phones have a follow not disturb? I've not noticed, but some hotel phones do. Or you should be able to ask front desk for a do not disturb on your phone?

This is a problem that can be easily solved by Disney. When someone calls a hotel and asks for room 1234, Disney should ask the caller the name of the party in the room . If the caller can't provide it, they shouldn't connect the call.

This is a problem that can be easily solved by Disney. When someone calls a hotel and asks for room 1234, Disney should ask the caller the name of the party in the room . If the caller can't provide it, they shouldn't connect the call.
Most of the calls are from other Rooms in the Resort.:)

I have an air-horn app on my smart phone that would come in quite handy for these types of calls!

The housekeeper plugs the phone in because they have to call in when they finish each room. It's better to just leave yourself a note somewhere you will see it to unplug the phone when you come back to the room. Sorry you are having to go through this - I don't know why anyone would think this is funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter