Crane @ castle

Josh'sDad1974

Mouseketeer
Any idea why there is a crane doing "work" on the castle @ magic kingdom? Just saw some photos with the crane in it supposedly taken today.

That should still be the crane from the castle dream lights removal - they keep it up for awhile past Christmas season and it takes FOREVER to remove! It was there 2 weeks ago as well. Though I thought they would be done by now!

The crane usually isn't up during March. This year is unusual because they're doing refurb to the castle in addition to taking down the lights. It's expected to be up all day long (except for a few hours before and after Wishes) until the end of March.

I don't understand why they don't just use those awesome new projectors to make the castle look lit up. They're all about the "new technology" now. Seems it would be a lot less labor intensive. Plus, no crane.

I don't understand why they don't just use those awesome new projectors to make the castle look lit up. They're all about the "new technology" now. Seems it would be a lot less labor intensive. Plus, no crane.

Wouldn't look at all the same and as it stands now could only do the front.

Luckily, the newest version of Photoshop does some real magic with getting rid of cranes. Taken 2 weeks ago.

Yup.

crane2_Removed_zpsf77c0cf4.jpg

Wouldn't look at all the same and as it stands now could only do the front.

Come, now. You think little things like logic and guest satisfaction will stand in their way?

ETA - honestly, I don't care about the crane, and I go in Jan and Sept when it's always up. If I happen to get a great shot that I care about, I just paint it out.

Photo pass photographer taught us something a few yrs back, when standing with castle behind you an crane is up throw your arm up ( if posing with someone else the other person throws opposite arm up) & you'll never see The crane in the pic!

Crane is always there in Sept we go every Sept since 2008 but it never spoils it for us!

Projector wouldn't do it justice I mean have you actually seen the lights on the castle? It's truly breath taking and there is nothing like it. Plus hearing all the oohs and ahhhhhhs when turned on each night is an experience on its own!

We went in September and have the crane in our pictures. I am not very good at photo editing and have no programs, but I was able to fix the crane in about 10 seconds in iPhoto on my Mac. Had never tried it before but it was so easy.

We were there in September, we went to MK 3 different days on that trip and 1 of the 3 the crane wasn't there, so it seems they do move it sometimes but it was back the 2 other days.

We were there in September, we went to MK 3 different days on that trip and 1 of the 3 the crane wasn't there, so it seems they do move it sometimes but it was back the 2 other days.

It was probably not moved but just not extended. They will bring it down at night, even some times late afternoon, for the fireworks but this year it was posted they are working 24 hours a day except for around a 3 hour window for the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter