Crane Behind Cinderella's Castle

PoohBearAndMe

Earning My Ears
Hi DISers,

I don't know if this question belongs here, but I just read the article about the crane being placed behind the Castle until late February to remove the lighting from the holidays.

Does anyone know if this is going to be visible from the front of the castle? I am going to be so disappointed if that thing shows up in our photos from Main Street. This will be my DD7's very first trip to WDW! Photos in front of the castle are the most important ones that people get.

Thanks to anyone who is there now, or anyone who knows how this usually looks, since it must be a yearly thing :)

Oh that stinks if that's the case :( I guess if it's there I will get to practice my photoshop with the sky!!!

Oh that stinks if that's the case :( I guess if it's there I will get to practice my photoshop with the sky!!!

I never thought of photoshop because I have never tried it before! I'm just hoping they have a way to maybe lower it during park hours? Hopefully, someone who has been there on previous years during this time will reply and give us an idea of what to expect :)

We were there this past end of March/first week of April and the crane was in pretty much all of our castle photos. I can't remember if it was to remove holiday lights or what. We will be leaving in 40 days for our next trip. Would be nice to have castle pics with no crane but I'm not holding my breath

I was there in September when they were putting the lights up and during the day the crane in visible in pictures of the castle. The crane came down at night, so my nighttime photos don't have the crane in them

It was in ours two years ago at the end of Feb. I was upset at the time but Photoshop took care of it easily.

There's a "photo spot" for the castle along the bridge to Tomorrowland. Some of the PhotoPass photographers are pretty good about using lightposts and similar things from that angle to hide the crane.

Here it is and it will up during the day because thats when they work but its not up every day every daylight hour.

48d22da0980d11e38ba20ea1e883313e_8.jpg

Wow.....that is definitely an eyesore! I'm bummed :sad1:

Thanks for sharing the photo so that at least I won't be shocked when we arrive that first morning.....sigh.

The crane is always there as far as I can tell. I don't even see it anymore. Photograph the castle at night and you won't see it at all.

Wow.....that is definitely an eyesore! I'm bummed :sad1:

Thanks for sharing the photo so that at least I won't be shocked when we arrive that first morning.....sigh.

The good news is that its the simplest thing to "photoshop" out .

The crane giveth and the crane taketh away.

It was up this morning, in the back of our castle pics. Luckily we came on Friday and got good castle pics. An eye sore for sure.

It was there when we were last March. I imagine it does take a lot of time to remove all those lights.

It was there when we were last March. I imagine it does take a lot of time to remove all those lights.
Usually, it's not there during March, but they were doing work on the castle last year, so it was up longer than normal.

OP, last year the crane was lowered a couple of hours before Wishes, and stayed down until it was over. If it's the same as last year, hopefully you can time it right to get pics without the crane in it.

this is the kind of thing my husband and I would get in a big domestic about. Him: crane! ugly eyesore! Ruining pictures! Scandal! Me: dude? DISNEY. Castle. Mickey. Main Street. Family smiles. Crane? Least important thing about the day. 5yo does not give two hoots about the crane. Perspective, please.

So, perspective. :)

Thank you to all the posters who responded to my post!

I got the information I wanted, and I promise that I never thought this would ruin our trip or anything, just was bummed to hear about this!

Thanks to the posters with information about when it might be down (before Wishes, etc). That will likely be a time frame that we will be in the areas in front of the castle to get ready for the fireworks :)

One of my friends just posted a picture of herself, with all of her race medals, in front of the castle and the crane is very visible.

Photoshop is going to be the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter