• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Craigslist problem

starwood

This mouse GOT her next cruise
I've listed our old directv receiver. And it keeps getting flagged. I'm only selling it for $5 and I have a feeling it is being removed by the people who want to sell them for $70. I know if I list if for $70 I will never get rid of it. Anyone else have this problem?

maybe they think they're stolen, or you don't personally own them.

Like with some companies, they let you use their DVR boxes while you have the service with them, but still property of the company. Maybe you should provide a copy of bill of sales. Blurring out unnecessary info, showing that you paid for the boxes and you have the right to sell them.

Try upping the price to 20$.

The problem is... we bought them years ago. We discontinued Directv 2years ago so I definitely don't have any paperwork for it. I'm only selling one. I upped the price to $10 and it still was flagged. Why don't they let you know the reason so you can correct it.

I saw people selling the cable dvr boxes which I know are rented.

And if it were stolen don't you think I'd try to sell it for more than $5?

The older direct tv boxes can be easily hacked to get all the channels. Maybe they are forbidding the sale of older models due to that.

Since you are only selling it for $5, why not just give it away (post it under the Free section) and see if that works.

Have you inquired directly of Craigslist as to why they are cancelling your Direct TV box but not everyone else's?

I would telephone to get the story directly from the horse's mouth.

I plan to sell mine at a yardsale this weekend, I also had my DTV back when you ahd to buy the boxes. One is a tivo, but can only be used with DTV. I think you should be able to sell them without any issues.

?? Please let us know how it works out. Oh, and any advice on how much to price mine? :) 5 on a CL add hardly seems worth the effort.

I plan to sell mine at a yardsale this weekend, I also had my DTV back when you ahd to buy the boxes. One is a tivo, but can only be used with DTV. I think you should be able to sell them without any issues.

?? Please let us know how it works out. Oh, and any advice on how much to price mine? :) 5 on a CL add hardly seems worth the effort.

I tried to get 3 at a yard sale and no one wanted it. You need to have someone with Directv come by (and know what it is). I had more people ask if the DVD player worked:confused3

Have you inquired directly of Craigslist as to why they are cancelling your Direct TV box but not everyone else's?

I would telephone to get the story directly from the horse's mouth.

not gonna work...craigslist is a teenytiny little company working a gigantic website - it's moderated mostly by users. Thus, the problem with the OP getting "flagged", the other users probably think the $5 is a fraud.

i, too, would up the price a bit, or even post in the free section, if you're just looking to get rid of some junk. Or just even put a line in your post - i've seen it before! - "Please don't flag me, this is legit!" Including your real email may help too, instead of the CL email forwarding.

in order for it to be actually removed it needs to be flagged from different IP addresses a few times...next time you post it ask someone to email u and let u know why they are flagging it...do you have anything else in the listing with it?
I know i go and flag expird carseat, but i email the person why it was flagged.

in order for it to be actually removed it needs to be flagged from different IP addresses a few times...next time you post it ask someone to email u and let u know why they are flagging it...do you have anything else in the listing with it?
I know i go and flag expird carseat, but i email the person why it was flagged.

I'm starting to think they don't like me saying Directv. I relisted changing directv to satellite and it is still up. I sold a Directv DVR about 6 months ago with no problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter