Craigslist for discount tickets?

If I thought any of the Craig's List tickets weren't a scam, I would say congratulations. However, I just want to point out that in any "grift" or "con" one of the classic gimmicks is to have a "good citizen" loudly proclaim their success with the con. How do you think Bernie Madoff was able to bilk so many people out of millions?

I would apologize for my cynicism, but I think a dose of skepticism is a good thing.

disneyagogo

::yes:: low post counts send up a red flag for me, too.

hey all i have a similar offer i saw on craigslist. i need everyones advice here as i am going again in april. heres the deal 7day park hopper with options and no expiration for 220. i thought it would be the usual send cash before but when i called him he said that when i arrived i go to any ticket center in a park give them my name and id and they would give me the ticket. then he said after i received it to mail him a check or money order the following day! for the life of me i cant understand this its basically 466 for this ticket how is he selling it for 220!! he doesnt want any money until after i receive the ticket and he said he has an office in orlando so if i wanted to go there i can use a credit card or drop off a check!! now the question i have is after i receive the ticket technically i can upgrade it to a 8 day no expiration park hopper with option for approx 25 dollars that i can put on my cc at the park right that way i know its mine and i have a cc record of the transaction right? would i be safe at that point? it seems too good to be true doesnt it guys? has anyone had any experience with something similar? if so please post your experiences.

Well if you do decide to risk this, I'd verify that by no expiration they mean for the life of the ticket until all days are used. All tickets are non-expiring until you use them, then they expire in 14 days (in most general purchases). Someone might just throw in those terms to grab your attention. If it is the kind that expires in 14 days, then I guess it could be an employee using discount, I guess $220 would be close to their price for a regular 7 day hopper? But not a risk I'm willing to take, I stick to undercovertourist myself.

wow i was reading another thread about cheep tickets and how they felt the guy was promoting himself lol. i saw the post how he could report the ticket stolen and i could possibly get detained for stealing someones credit card. wow never even thought about that!!! u guys are right lol i noticed the guy i called is has a nyc area code i know this because im 20min drive to nyc. i wont even post his number because i dont want you guys to think im self promoting lol. anyways wanted to give you guys an update called the guy again and asked him if i can upgrade the ticket he said that i should give him a call that the upgrade would be cheaper i thought it was weird because the price dif. is something like 40 buck between a 7day,ne,opts and a 8 day with the same. i think he told me that he would accept a cc since he had a solid brick and mortar building near wdw but i think that scares me since my cc has 20k limit and losing that scares me more than losing a few hundred. wow since they would have a photocopy of my drivers license which he said they would make a copy of he could report the card stolen i would get back from wdw and the cops would be waiting for me there i honestly never even thought of that!!! im so glad you guys are here tyvm all!! i guess the only way i would go through with this transaction with this person is to say get me your discount meet me at the will call center and let me purchase the park hopper passes with my cc and i will give you the commission you would have made in cash. lol but seeing how the scam works im guessing the answer would be no or he would give me a elaborate excuse. lol i guess the saying if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!! when i saw the prices he was charging and the way he said he would protect me it sounded really attractive but seeing what he could do after he got my money really scares me. can anyone recommend a good legit place to buy tickets i hear a lot of people talking about undercovertourist is there anything cheaper?

::yes:: low post counts send up a red flag for me, too.

That is what I was thinking too. Every person saying how great this is has a pretty low post count. I'm sorry if you are honest newbies, but it does seem suspicious.

Any way you look at it, you are taking a risk. Ask yourself if it does end up being a scam, can you afford to pay for park tickets twice?

OK well my uncle is in the service, and was told he can buy discounted tickets for us. They could be sent to anywhere. Maybe this is it, as the tickets would have our name printed on them.:confused3

Either that or this guy possibly has these tickets left over from before the price of tickets was raised?? I dunno why he'd sell them that cheap.

OK well my uncle is in the service, and was told he can buy discounted tickets for us. They could be sent to anywhere. Maybe this is it, as the tickets would have our name printed on them.:confused3

That's what I'm thinking. He's purchasing the military tickets and adding an upcharge to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter