• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Craig and the AP saga?

I'm just disappointed that it's not showing up when I try to download!

You know what? I didn't like the DIS Unplugged for a while when Pete reorganized it. The audio quality wasn't as good, it was just a bunch of people, and there was that guy that would just rant and rant and rant...

But I stuck with it. It got better, they got better...and I look _forward_ to the rants. And they are friends now.

The Universal show is different. It's being done by two people who have not hosted before, and probably just aren't used to it yet. It takes some time. Let them get acclimated.

It reminded me of a conversation I had last year. I was having dinner with a large group of press people, executives of a TV network, and talent from their shows. I was sitting next to one of the actors, and I admitted that I hadn't actually watched the show for the first couple seasons after a couple episodes, as it just started slow, but then I caught it again, saw how good it was, and was in the process of watching all the back episodes. His response? "Yeah...it was a slow start. It took us a bit to get in the groove." And that's generally true of a lot of TV shows. Whether they can survive to show off what they can do depends on how quickly they adapt, and how willing the audience is to wait.

I get a little of what Ali is saying. We're all pretty familiar with WDW. And we're used to the podcasters talking about it. We can generally tell what is sarcasm and what is fact. Listeners might not be as familiar with Universal, and with Sha-Un and Craig being relatively new compared to the others, we aren't as used to their jokes and sarcasm. And thus is can be more difficult to tell the difference between that and facts.

But that will change over time.

Just my two cents - I get the feeling that Sha Un and Craigory are 100% being themselves when they do their Universal podcasts. Some people will love it (I sure as heck do!) and others may not, and that's totally fine. Just line in real life, you're not going to get along with everyone you meet.

If people don't like my personality, they probably won't hang out with me. No big. If people don't like Shaun and Craig's personalities, they probably won't watch the show. No big. I'm going to stay me, and I have a feeling Shaun and Craig are going to stay them, and people who dig it (LIKE ME!) will keep watching!

Just be yourselves, guys. No worries.

To anyone that doesn't like the show are you watching & listening or just listening. I think some of the interpretation is in the facial expressions and it makes it easier to know when they are joking or being serious too. I for one love their dry sarcastic humor and watch just because it is entertaining to me. I get the humor and they seem like someone I would be friends with in real life.

Keep up the great work guys! And Craig, keep rocking those Steelers hats!

I get a little of what Ali is saying. We're all pretty familiar with WDW. And we're used to the podcasters talking about it. We can generally tell what is sarcasm and what is fact. Listeners might not be as familiar with Universal, and with Sha-Un and Craig being relatively new compared to the others, we aren't as used to their jokes and sarcasm. And thus is can be more difficult to tell the difference between that and facts.

But that will change over time.

I agree completely. I don't even like Universal but I LOVE the Dis (and Sha-un and Craigory - love me some dry sarcasm and quick wit!) But some people won't feel the same way. To each their own. That's what is so awesome about choice. For me though, I'm learning things about Universal that I never would've known otherwise because I'm hearing them from the Shaun and Craig. I wouldn't have bothered to listen if it wasn't the Dis delivering the info because I'm just not interested in Universal that much but after hearing the guys talk, the parks sound like fun! But seriously, I really wouldn't have bothered listening to anyone else to get this info so THANKS! :goodvibes

Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to get "better" and I would never change my personality for anyone, but every now and then we will have an extra person on.

I just want to thank you for giving our show a chance despite the fact you find us irritating. We may not have a huge following, but the ones who do get our humor have been very vocal and supportive. That being said, I'm glad to hear from the other side who can't stand us.

For the record, I was being sarcastic. I do have a pass. And if a fund is to be started in my honor, it needs to go towards something important, like tap dance lessons. Its a dying art.

Maybe it's because I'm a paid hipster by trade but, I've been a fan since before your show aired. The more popular it gets the more I will hate it. Stay Indy Craig! Don't be a sell out and get a stage name like Sha-Un.

I'm not a fan of Universal but I watch the shows because of Shaun and Craig. I really enjoy their humor and sarcasm. Last show was the best! I've never laughed so much.

So guys, keep up the good work! I am one of the "35" who tune in for the live shows. :)

I think you are both witty, smart and do amazing work. I know it takes a great deal of time to prepare, research, and create a show. I have never been to Universal but it is on my to do list mainly because of the insights from the DIS. I appreciate all that you both add to the regular show and the new show too. Keep it up! And more Facebook posts…you two have been slackin'…lol.
Kim Borcoman

Last show was the best! I've never laughed so much.
Seriously, :rotfl2:

"The newest Loews hotel...not the hardware store...the same letters, just different order...two different owners from what I understand as well"

"...you aren't forbidden to go onto a water taxi, they just don't have water"

"...I almost said 30 ducks; if your currency is in ducks then that's great..."

"...the only other thing you don't get is priority seating at select restaurants...I didn't know that was a thing...is that even useful?"

"...I can't remember the seafood one...Landrys? No, that's seasoning salt...that's so embarrassing for Universal experts"

"...the pool has zero entry....well, it's not that it HAS zero entry; it IS zero entry...the way you made it sound is that no one is allowed in...everyone just looks at it...there is NO entry...there is a bouncer that only lets certain people in..."

:rotfl2:

Seriously, I haven't laughed out loud so many times during a podcast in a long time. And Craig actually smiles during this podcast! This podcast has definitely made it to the top of the play list.

Those of us who listen should have our own exclusive group called:

"I am one of the 35"!

I'll leave the shirt design up to Sha Un and Craigory! :thumbsup2

The DIS Unplugged would not be the DIS Unplugged would not be the DIS Unplugged without sarcasm.:)

Hear hear! I get the feeling that the Uni podcast wouldn't exist unless Craig and Shaun took the initiative, and undoubtably there are people who find it useful - so I say well done. I'm sorry that you guys have to deal with judgments on your character, that's always the downside to a platform that allows people to stay somewhat anonymous. Carry on boys!

Can I just say that I have never laughed so hard as I did this week with the Universal show. THANK YOU!!! I needed it. (It was a rough week!)

I was going to come on here and write to you and Craig because it totally made my day. You guys are great. You both are informative and hilarious and I love it. (And I super want to enter to win that "ladies" hat. :rotfl2: But I am not on FB or Twitter. :sad1: Heck, I would even enter to win the Transformers thing! :eek:)

Anyway, thanks so much. I love your show. I get your humor and I love it. Keep up the great work. :goodvibes

ETA: Hope your hand is better. ;)

Add me to the list of people who love the show AND the personalities! It's clear how much effort you're putting into the show and how much you care about it. A wonderful complement to the Dis Unplugged shows and you've quickly become my favourite Universal podcast. Please keep doing what you're doing!!

Just my two cents - I get the feeling that Sha Un and Craigory are 100% being themselves when they do their Universal podcasts. Some people will love it (I sure as heck do!) and others may not, and that's totally fine. Just line in real life, you're not going to get along with everyone you meet.

If people don't like my personality, they probably won't hang out with me. No big. If people don't like Shaun and Craig's personalities, they probably won't watch the show. No big. I'm going to stay me, and I have a feeling Shaun and Craig are going to stay them, and people who dig it (LIKE ME!) will keep watching!

Just be yourselves, guys. No worries.

I listen for the humor and sarcasm... Don't change.
:cool1::thumbsup2

Seriously, :rotfl2:

"The newest Loews hotel...not the hardware store...the same letters, just different order...two different owners from what I understand as well"

"...you aren't forbidden to go onto a water taxi, they just don't have water"

"...I almost said 30 ducks; if your currency is in ducks then that's great..."

"...the only other thing you don't get is priority seating at select restaurants...I didn't know that was a thing...is that even useful?"

"...I can't remember the seafood one...Landrys? No, that's seasoning salt...that's so embarrassing for Universal experts"

"...the pool has zero entry....well, it's not that it HAS zero entry; it IS zero entry...the way you made it sound is that no one is allowed in...everyone just looks at it...there is NO entry...there is a bouncer that only lets certain people in..."

:rotfl2:

Seriously, I haven't laughed out loud so many times during a podcast in a long time. And Craig actually smiles during this podcast! This podcast has definitely made it to the top of the play list.

Those of us who listen should have our own exclusive group called:

"I am one of the 35"!

I'll leave the shirt design up to Sha Un and Craigory! :thumbsup2

Well clearly I've been missing all the good stuff. We never go to Universal (who has time??), so I haven't been listening, but obviously I will have to listen in the future! So don't stop being sarcastic now - I'm on my way! :laughing: I wanna be one of the 35, too! Will I screw it up if there are 36?

I'm a huge fan as well.:hug:

I love the sarcasm of Craig opposite Shaun's bubbly personality. You guys (Dustin too) are an awesome addition to the crew. As you can see, you have many fans who look forward to our 'fix' every week. It's not easy to work hard and make it look like so much fun:goodvibes

The podcast gets me through some tough times...That may sound pathetic, but it is always informative, entertaining and makes me laugh:rotfl2:

Really? We are all completely allowed to have our own opinions but why voice them like this? Constructive criticism is always help to anyone but, it can come off rude.

Guys the show is awesome. I am proudly 1 of the 34. Craig if you need a kick starter for Tap lessons I'm sure we could start something....

No worries, appreciate any and all opinions. Don't really see us changing our personalities however. I was just being a goof in the form of an emoji to your original post - thought it was funny. And I think I was just being sarcastic with the 34. ;)

Shaun, if people don't like the dry wit and sarcasm, then they shouldn't watch. I found The DISunplugged a few months ago as I started researching for my first trip to WDW. I've enjoyed the podcasts and the humor of the cast. I've found other podcasts that, although informative, do not have the same dynamic as the DIS crew. Thanks for the weekly information and fun. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter