Crafts for young kids?

CB Ace

Earning My Ears
I've seen references to the onboard craft activities (tile making, origami, etc). Are any of them appropriate for 4 and 5 year old kids? Thanks!

Yes - the two that come to mind that my 4 year old brought home were coloring and tracing Disney characters and making a paper Mickey ice cream bar. And they also decorated cupcakes.

I took my almost 4 year old to origami and she had fun. We also did family crafts one day that mainly consisted of making things out of pipe cleaners. My 4 year old and 2 year old both loved that activity.

In the kids clubs and nursery, they also did crafts. I know one day my older daughter made a foam crown, and we got a lot of hand print collages from our younger daughter in the nursery.

Not so much a "craft" - but all three of my children loved the Pluto's PJ party. They got pillow cases to color that had a picture of Pluto on them. They've held up really well considering they get washed weekly. The kids were so proud of their coloring efforts. My littles also enjoyed the cookie baking, again not really a craft, but a fun activity nevertheless.

Not so much a "craft" - but all three of my children loved the Pluto's PJ party. They got pillow cases to color that had a picture of Pluto on them. They've held up really well considering they get washed weekly. The kids were so proud of their coloring efforts. My littles also enjoyed the cookie baking, again not really a craft, but a fun activity nevertheless.
Just curious, which ship did your kids get the pillow cases on? We've seen the pillowcases/pj party on every cruise we've done on the Wonder but on the Fantasy, the cast member had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about pillowcases at the PJ party w/ Pluto (we had friends cruising with us whose daughter didn't have one yet) and the kids got coloring sheets with a picture of pluto holding a pillowcase on it instead on an actual pillowcase to color.

Some crafts that were great for toddlers and the younger kids (our dds have been 4 & under on our trips so far)- decorating doorknob hangers with stickers and markers, decorating coasters w/ colorful tiles to glue onto them, making wind chimes, decorating paper hats, decorating the gingerbread house on the holiday cruise...I'm sure there were more things but that's all that comes to mind right now. Those were all during the family craft time. They do more stuff at the clubs.

Hi I am a youth activities CM. Some favourite crafts in the club and lab are learning to draw Mickey and friends, making crowns, making magic wands, collage, colouring and painting.

@katds10 - it was the Wonder. We would be so disappointed if that activity was not on-board. We're doing the Dream next week and I'll def be asking about that. We aren't scheduled for the Fantasy until next year, but I will have to ask there as well. It is such a GREAT activity!!! And should totally be on each ship. It was something our kids still talk about and use all the time. Thanks for giving me a heads-up to do some additional research!

:)

I've seen references to the onboard craft activities (tile making, origami, etc). Are any of them appropriate for 4 and 5 year old kids? Thanks!
We just did these door hangers on the Wonder about a month ago, which I think is totally doable by a 4 or 5 year old, and theirs would probably be a lot better than mine!
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter