craft swap sign up!

I really like the idea of being partnered up with someone and doing a variety of things customized for that person (as a surprise!). It'd be like Christmas! I have some other tricks up my sleeve that I would love to share! ;) I like to switch up what I make, and making a ton of the same thing would get very tedious for me, plus I like surprising people, haha!

I love this idea! Secret Santa swaps are sooo much fun, and I bet they are even better when handled by Disney-loving crafters! :-)

Bluefox - I noticed you're from Atlanta. I'm from GA too! About an hour and a half from ATL!

I found a model of how to do a secret Santa swap. I can host it or someone else can. The host holds as sign up. He/she draws names to pair up people. People check in to the group and announce when they have mailed packages. The host is responsible for making sure that everyone participates and possibly stepping in to mail extra gifts if someone is left out or doesn't receive gifts from there secret sender. Whoever hosts decides due date, theme, and should probably start an interest thread soon.

Hey mssong,

I mailed them today. Should be there Thurs.

I tried to PM you but you're inbox is full :-)

I found a model of how to do a secret Santa swap. I can host it or someone else can. The host holds as sign up. He/she draws names to pair up people. People check in to the group and announce when they have mailed packages. The host is responsible for making sure that everyone participates and possibly stepping in to mail extra gifts if someone is left out or doesn't receive gifts from there secret sender. Whoever hosts decides due date, theme, and should probably start an interest thread soon.

I wouldn't mind hosting if you want a break from it next round, sounds like this one was a full plate for you! I've got a few projects to finish up for some of the ladies here, but I would love to do another swap soon! How quickly would everyone like to do another one?

merimarie said:
I wouldn't mind hosting if you want a break from it next round, sounds like this one was a full plate for you! I've got a few projects to finish up for some of the ladies here, but I would love to do another swap soon! How quickly would everyone like to do another one?

I am good for another one whenever! Name it and start an interest thread.

That's awesome!!! I'm so glad to meet a fellow Disney fan AND crafter from Georgia! :jumping1:
I'm actually about 30 minutes South of Atlanta down 75. Are you a native Georgian? I used to live in Tampa - practically next door to Disney, so I'm a little cranky about having to move up here! :rotfl2:

Bluefox - I noticed you're from Atlanta. I'm from GA too! About an hour and a half from ATL!

Bluefox said:
That's awesome!!! I'm so glad to meet a fellow Disney fan AND crafter from Georgia! :jumping1:
I'm actually about 30 minutes South of Atlanta down 75. Are you a native Georgian? I used to live in Tampa - practically next door to Disney, so I'm a little cranky about having to move up here! :rotfl2:

I've been here my entire life. WDW is about a 6 hour drive. I would be cranky too if I used to live that close!

I've been here my entire life. WDW is about a 6 hour drive. I would be cranky too if I used to live that close!

Very cool! Do you ever come up to Atlanta? A couple of other DisBoarders from this area have shown interest in having a meetup sometime, would certainly be glad to have an out-of-towner, too! :-) truth be told I'm not crazy about the A but at least I now live in a state with _actual_ seasons :rotfl:

I grew up 2.5-ish hours west of ATL. (Gadsden, AL)

(Now I live in Texas. No meet ups for me. ;-))

Bluefox said:
Very cool! Do you ever come up to Atlanta? A couple of other DisBoarders from this area have shown interest in having a meetup sometime, would certainly be glad to have an out-of-towner, too! :-) truth be told I'm not crazy about the A but at least I now live in a state with _actual_ seasons :rotfl:

DH an I make it up there for the occasional shopping trips (Disney Store, of course) and to fill our Vortex burger withdrawel, haha.

I grew up 2.5-ish hours west of ATL. (Gadsden, AL)

(Now I live in Texas. No meet ups for me. ;-))

I've been through Gadsden before in my youth. Lucky you to live in Texas! I love that state :) wish I was there instead of here.

I've been through Gadsden before in my youth. Lucky you to live in Texas! I love that state :) wish I was there instead of here.

:-)

I like it here. Just hate being 12 hrs from family. DS is the only cousin to grow up outside the state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter