Craft beer drinkers unite

I'm not sure if it nitrogen or not. I would doubt it, but again I'm not sure.

You'd know by the nozzle used on the tap. If it's a long black nozzle that gets thinner at the end, it's a nitrogen tap. I'd honestly be surprised if Guinness would allow their beer to be served any other way these days.

On Fantasy, the Jai Alai was on tap at Bon Voyage. That's the bar on deck 3 right off the atrium. Excellent bartenders there too. After a couple days, they'd have a big mug of it poured as soon as I walked up to the bar.

Well, that's one of the few reasons I'll be frequenting Bon Voyage while on my November cruise, then. :D It's not my normal bar except for 30 seconds after I board, but if they have Jai Alai on tap I may just have to make a special trip. When I was on there last December they had Kona Longboard and Bud Light.

I didn't know that Disney is now limiting the amount of beer you can drink onboard !?!

Well, that's one of the few reasons I'll be frequenting Bon Voyage while on my November cruise, then. :D It's not my normal bar except for 30 seconds after I board, but if they have Jai Alai on tap I may just have to make a special trip. When I was on there last December they had Kona Longboard and Bud Light.
I love Kona beers! They're some of the best craft beers out there. Not a big Bud Light fan, but to each his own.

I love Kona beers! They're some of the best craft beers out there. Not a big Bud Light fan, but to each his own.

Not a big Kona fan. Most of their beers are bland to me. They're skirting the fringe of craft beer as well and are not considered craft beer under the current definition, being 1/3 owned by AB-InBev.

I didn't know that Disney is now limiting the amount of beer you can drink onboard !?!
? They're not limiting the amount of beer you can drink on board. They are limiting the amount of beer (and wine) you can bring on board, and no longer allow any kind of hard liquor to be brought on by passengers.

? They're not limiting the amount of beer you can drink on board. They are limiting the amount of beer (and wine) you can bring on board, and no longer allow any kind of hard liquor to be brought on by passengers.

HA HA -- misread that one. Thanks.

I may not bring beers aboard, but I'm bringing my 2 mugs from previous trips!!! I am personally partial to NBB Fat Tire. But Jai Alai from Tampa isn't a bad choice, especially on tap. FB also makes a Maduro, a dark that is muy excellente!!

I may not bring beers aboard, but I'm bringing my 2 mugs from previous trips!!! I am personally partial to NBB Fat Tire. But Jai Alai from Tampa isn't a bad choice, especially on tap. FB also makes a Maduro, a dark that is muy excellente!!

Do you mean CC? Cigar City? Their Maduro is definitely good, especially after it warms up a bit. I discovered that last little bit while on the Schooner Hindu in Key West on a sunset cruise. I set my Maduro down to go talk to one of the crew members and take pictures and didn't get back to my beer until 30 minutes later. It was spectacular at about 60-65*.

Hello all! I am a first time cruiser and in the beginning stages of planning our trip for Nov 2017. Are we allowed to bring our own beer as long as its 1 six pack per adult? Or is it pp? Our daughter (18) will be traveling with us so unsure if its per each person over 21 or just pp. Also are we allowed to bring our own cigars on board? Thanks everyone :)

Hello all! I am a first time cruiser and in the beginning stages of planning our trip for Nov 2017. Are we allowed to bring our own beer as long as its 1 six pack per adult? Or is it pp? Our daughter (18) will be traveling with us so unsure if its per each person over 21 or just pp. Also are we allowed to bring our own cigars on board? Thanks everyone :)

Each adult 21 or over can bring up to a six pack of beer or two bottles of wine aboard, each time you board. You can easily bring your own cigars, no problem there.

Each adult 21 or over can bring up to a six pack of beer or two bottles of wine aboard, each time you board. You can easily bring your own cigars, no problem there.
Thanks so much! Each time we board? Does that mean we can bring on additional 6 packs at each port?

You can even bring cigars onboard from that island Americans aren't supposed to talk about. You're just not supposed to pack them in your luggage before disembarkation.

Great thread! Was on the Wonder to Alaska July of 2015. They had Alaskan Amber and Summer Ale on draft. Also found a few cans of Cigar City Jai Alai and Invasion. I am pretty sure I finished off what they had after a couple days. Going on the Fantasy this October. Really happy to hear that they have had Jai Alai on draft at Bon Voyage. They probably won't like me running down there constantly from the pool deck in my speedo. :scared:

I know it has probably been discussed but does anyone have a price list for the draft beers available? I know if you purchase the mug (24 oz I believe) you get refills at the 16 oz price, is that correct? I also know there is an automatic 18% gratuity added but just wondered what the price differences are say between Jai Alai and a generic bud light. Thanks in Advance!

I know it has probably been discussed but does anyone have a price list for the draft beers available? I know if you purchase the mug (24 oz I believe) you get refills at the 16 oz price, is that correct? I also know there is an automatic 18% gratuity added but just wondered what the price differences are say between Jai Alai and a generic bud light. Thanks in Advance!

I believe the mug is 22oz. My last cruise was July 2015. Don't remember how much bud/bud light was, but Alaskan amber is the mug was $7.19. That includes the tax and tip. A 12oz can of Jai Alai was $7.48 with tax/tip. The mug is definitely a good deal if they have something decent on draft.

I second the $7 to $8 range on the mugs. It is a good deal because that's basically the size of two beers. I'm not sure about the Bud Light price because I don't drink it, but I would certainly hope it's less. If it's more someone at DCL needs a beer education.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter