• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CR Tower or Garden View?

poohfan

Mouseketeer
DD and I went to POP last year and loved it. One day we rode the monorail and as we went through CR she said that's where she'd love to stay someday, and I realized me too. I'm planning another trip next year and trying to budget to stay at the CR. Is it worth the extra money to stay in a Tower room? Are the Garden View rooms a lot further away from the monorail or path to MK?

Last year we were upgraded to a tower room for the 3 days before our DVC stay and our very last day of vacation we came back to CR in a garden room and we all (5 of us) decided NEVER AGAIN! The tower really is worth it! The garden rooms truly are shabby compared to the tower rooms. The hallways are dark & long and seem far removed from the hustle & bustle and excitement of the tower. We felt like the poor relations being sent out back! We're considering the tower for a couple days this summer before our DVC stay again!

No way would I ever stay in a Garden Wing room. Not much interest in staying at CR anyways, but if we ever do, it would definitely be in the Tower.

Good-morning.

Although not my significant others favorite (CR) we've have a goal to stay at every resort. You'd have to stay at BLT but one suggestion is to try an rent points from a DVC club member. It's much cheaper than buying outright and they have calculators that can show you how many points you need.

I did this for the first time last Christmas. Their are guidelines for both sides to reduce risk regarding money and use paypal if possible. This benefit paid off for my family last Christmas as I was able to accomidate my family for 1/4 of the price a real value!

Have a great day!

When I think of the CR, I automatically think of the tower. If we ever stay there again, it will certainly be in the tower. The garden wing seems so far removed from everything...perhaps it's not....we've never stayed in those rooms before. It was pretty cool to be able to walk out of your room and see the monorail traveling through.

Happy Planning!

Well should you choose the Tower you would be an elevator ride away from their stores, restaurantns, entrance to the Monorail station on the 4th floor and easy access to the pool through the back doors of the lobby. However since all their rooms in the Tower and Garden Wing are the same size and the walk from the Garden Wing to the Tower is 5 minutes or less and it's a covered walkway incase it's raining. So basically you can not make a bad decision here and if it matters the Garden Wing rooms are less expensive then the Tower rooms.

We stayed in a Garden Wing room in December with 3 little kids and 2 strollers and we had a fabulous trip! The room was pretty far down the garden wing and it was a little bit of a walk to the Tower. We really didn't mind the extra walk at all. We were very close to the pool. The room was nice and big enough for our family, even with a pack n play. We walked home from MK one night (during MVMCP) and it was easy.
If $$$ isn't an issue, I'm sure the Tower rooms are nicer. Our December trip was a "bonus" trip for me (as a thank you for a not so great trip to Maine in August) so we didn't want to spend any extra money. I was very pleased with our experience at the Contemporary!

Amanda

We stayed in a garden room on our honeymoon. While I wouldn't say it was a terrible difference in distance from the monorail and busses (although it is a little bit of a walk,) I will say that there is a definite difference in the 'magic.'

The garden wings are often full of convention, business type people and due to the modern decor of the rooms and hallways, you can easily 'forget' you're in Disney. I say if you can afford to go to the tower, DO IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter