CR Tower instead of Poly GV concierge?

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
Gosh....you'd think after all the WDW trips I've planned, this would be a "No brainer"
, but, I was able to finally get an AP rate for a FULL
week during Spring Break at the Contemporary Tower
(No concierge).
A LOT less than the Poly GV concierge (AAA rate) for only 5 DAYS!

#2-----The CR is the ONLY deluxe we HAVEN'T stayed!
Always booked to the hilt whenever we've gone to WDW.

#3-----thought this might make this trip a little more "Special",
you know, something different!
#4-----With a 12-yr DS, the arcade sounds like a winner!

We've done the Poly 5 times, last 3 concierge; YC and BC concierge; AKL concierge 3 times in row; Dolphin Club suites twice, and Swan, GF, WL three times,BWI and BWV, as well as some mods........

OK, gals and guys.....give me some more reasons to make the switch!
Pretty Pleeeeease!
:earsgirl:

I could not agree more then with what CaliforniaDreaming wrote. The CR is a wounderful resort. If you can get the tower view, go for it. I promise you will have a wonderful time.:sunny:

Normally I would choose the Poly over the CR... but since you got the AP rate then I would book it! :) I refuse to pay rack rate for any WDW resort.. and I'm sure the AAA discount is small. Also, it's cool that you haven't stayed there before. :) I'm sure it will be awesome. :) Just make sure you request a high floor. I've heard the noise from Chef Mickey's can be pretty bad on the lower 5 floors.

Bambi Tamby, the Contemporary Tower is our favorite place to stay. The view is nice from both sides, either MK view or Bay Lake. The arcade would be great for your DS, he doesn't even have to leave the building to get there. You just have to try it once!

Thanks for the input!:sunny:

We're gonna go for it!
In fact, I emailed Dreams Unlimited to see if they could possibly get AP rate for Tower Club.
But, it not.....we're going to stick with the Tower room!

Again, thanks!

Oh, milo....where's your new plane?;)
<marquee>
miloplane.gif
</marquee>

If for no other reason, stay there at least once to say you have experienced it. As much as you have stayed at Disney at other locations I would say it is time.

Arcade is great.
Bay lake boats are way too much fun.
The 24 hour food snack area is one of the best.
The walkway to MK is the best way to get there.
Views of MK at night from the Tower are awesome.
Views of Bay Lake are so serene and a wonderful way to watch the water parade.
One stop from your resort to the TTC to go to Epcot.
The rooms are huge and the bathrooms the best at Disney.
Concourse Steakhouse is really good and so is Chef Mickey's.

You will have fun.

Thanks Sammie!

If for no other reason, stay there at least once to say you have experienced it. As much as you have stayed at Disney at other locations I would say it is time.

And of course, if my buddy milo goes there, it must be nice!;)

I emailed Dreams Unlimited, in hopes of getting AP rate on the Tower Club, but the only thing they quoted was the full rack rate!:earseek:

I'll stick to the Tower with my sweet AP discount!
Like I said before, CR was NEVER available during any of our trips, much less an AP discount on a Tower room!

And Cali.....your pics are wonderful and I also found that CR FAQ thread!
Thank you for all your help!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter