• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CR new tower

Personally, I don't care for a high rise going up there. I hope that I change my mind when I see it completed. I would have rather seen a new resort go in near MK.

I would do an add-on at the CR in a heart beat, but I am not sure if a tower is the way....for looking at Bay Lake, ok, but what about the other way? The parking lot? No thanks.

One of the rumors had some of the floors of the new tower being DVC and some of the floors being hotel rooms, possibly suites. The rumor was the Contemporary would have at least the same number of hotel rooms that were in the old wing.

It's possible Disney hasn't even made a decision yet.

One of the rumors had some of the floors of the new tower being DVC and some of the floors being hotel rooms, possibly suites. The rumor was the Contemporary would have at least the same number of hotel rooms that were in the old wing.

It's possible Disney hasn't even made a decision yet.

I heard it would be a mixed use project. They may be waiting to see how the new DVC portion at Animal Kingdom Lodge works out or not to make a final decision.

I heard it would be a mixed use project. They may be waiting to see how the new DVC portion at Animal Kingdom Lodge works out or not to make a final decision.

I wonder if the higher, more desirable, floors will be hotel or DVC.

I would do an add-on at the CR in a heart beat, but I am not sure if a tower is the way....for looking at Bay Lake, ok, but what about the other way? The parking lot? No thanks.
The "other way" would be a view of the Magic Kingdom, right?

FWIW, it's interesting that the plans and permits that we've seen for the CR are labeled "Contemporary Suites", but the AK plans and permits are prominently labeled "Disney Vacation Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge".

I wondered about that initially but one of my thoughts was that DVC was ditching the word "Villas" to avoid acronyms of VCR (Villas at Contemoporary Resort) or CRV (Contemporary Resort Villas). "VCR" we all know and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Honda may have a Trademark or other registration for "CRV". Legal issues notwithstanding, DVC may just want to distance itself from either of those commonly-known acronyms.

I still keep hearing a lot of stories that raise doubts about the future of that land. Some sources claim that the DVC construction was a "go" until just a few months ago and then plans changed. Could be some truth to that or it could just be 'spin' to keep attention focused on the Animal Kingdom Villas.

It does seem that demand for the CR has skyrocketed since the refurb. And if DVC can build rooms just about anywhere on WDW property and see them gobbled up, I don't know why Disney would feel compelled to give them what is arguably the single most valuable piece of undeveloped land in the entire resort complex. That land is right on the MK's doorstep and once a commitment to DVC is made, it's tied up for the next 55-60 years.

If DVC can build rooms just about anywhere on WDW property and see them gobbled up, I don't know why Disney would feel compelled to give them what is arguably the single most valuable piece of undeveloped land in the entire resort complex. That land is right on the MK's doorstep and once a commitment to DVC is made, it's tied up for the next 55-60 years.

Very true!

If you have listened to Lou Mongello's podcast at wdwradio.com for this week (episode 6) you heard from the owner of a DVC resale company that the new tower at the Conteporary WILL NOT be part of DVC. So does that mean that the tower will be an addition to the Contemporary with rooms available to all guests? I hope so!

An owner of a resale company is saying "Don't wait for DVC at CR. You should buy now if want into DVC" preferrable a resale from his company.

DVC at CR is most likely 3-4 years away meaning that resales are 4-5 years away. This rumor could keep people sitting on the fence from purchasing. Why not try to squash as a fact that DVC is not coming. It can only helphis business in the short run.

Don't forget the fractional ownership stuff with FS. Maybe that deal changed to contemp situation.

Don't forget the fractional ownership stuff with FS. Maybe that deal changed to contemp situation.

I really don't think Four Seasons would have any impact on sales of a DVC resort at the Contemporary. Monorail resort with Magic Kingdom views, can't get better then that!

An owner of a resale company is saying "Don't wait for DVC at CR. You should buy now if want into DVC" preferrable a resale from his company.

Actually that is NOT what was said - just that she (not he), was told it would not be the next DVC resort, and possibly not a DVC resort at all. And she never said that you should buy now vs later.

And it really wouldn't affect resales at all. In fact, waiting for a new DVC resort to be announced might actually benefit someone looking to go through resale, as people who may want to move up to the newest resort might look to sell their old properties at a lesser price.

Remember also that no matter what, whether this is a DVC or not, the Contemporary building won't be built and completed for years, so if someone

OK, maybe I am missing something here, but it seems to me unlikely that the pictures that were "accidentially" posted on the web are what the actual project will ultimately be. If you look closely, there will be a tower, approximately the same height as the CR, but it will only be, at the most, a few hundred feet away, what, so I can look at soccer mom across the way get her kids ready in the morning. The building would have to be either much smaller, or further away from the CR, and what about the new resort on the other side of Bay Lake? Who would want to stay in a 4 star hotel so close to the MK and not have any view of the park? Just my suspicious nature, I think we are being duped here, or at the very least, not getting the whole story. Demolition means just that, they are tearing the building down, they have not built anything yet.

Actually that is NOT what was said - just that she (not he), was told it would not be the next DVC resort, and possibly not a DVC resort at all. And she never said that you should buy now vs later.

And it really wouldn't affect resales at all. In fact, waiting for a new DVC resort to be announced might actually benefit someone looking to go through resale, as people who may want to move up to the newest resort might look to sell their old properties at a lesser price.

Remember also that no matter what, whether this is a DVC or not, the Contemporary building won't be built and completed for years, so if someone

Not sure where you were going with that last thought, but I don't follow the logic that says she would actually benefit from the Contemp DVC rumors. Very few, if any, people are going to sell their existing properties on the bet that Contemp DVC will be available for purchase in the next few years.

But I guarantee you some who are considering add-ons and/or new purchases at AKL are considering waiting because of the Contemp, and DLR, rumors. We see those kinds of things on the boards.

And if people are letting the Contemp rumors affect their decision to buy new, then those considering purchasing a resale are as well.

Like Disney, her current sales will be hurt by the possibility of a Contemp DVC in the future. Only when it actually is officially announced and begins selling would it start benefiting her, and that might not be for quite awhile.

Now, all that said, I am NOT saying she is being untruthful. I'd never heard of her before the podcast, and there's no concrete reason to think Mr. Mongello would give her a voice to spread false information.

So I have no idea either way. I'm just saying that it is true that she would benefit for now if the Contemp DVC rumors were squashed. Of course the more DVCs there are the more she will eventually benefit, but rumors of DVCs in desireable locations hurt her more than the help her.

I agree with that, only because I am holding off doing any add-ons until I really need to, because I am holding out for CR. I have bought all my contracts resale, but I would rather wait a few years for CR, and have to really stretch my points, rather than buying somewhere else.

...So I have no idea either way. I'm just saying that it is true that she would benefit for now if the Contemp DVC rumors were squashed. Of course the more DVCs there are the more she will eventually benefit, but rumors of DVCs in desireable locations hurt her more than the help her.

I was probably to short and simple with my post but Raidermatt got the gist of my post in the last paragraph.

Uncertainity can be deal breaker for most people. Do I want to buy from Disney or resale? Do I want 150 (160) points or lesser amount of points? Am I getting good deal now or is there a better incentive coming? Is owning DVC a good deal overall? Is DVC coming to CR?

Remove one obstacle and may enough to sell one resale contract now. I may be wrong but I bet they would rather sell a contract now than waiting for AKV or CR contract to materialize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter