• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CR new tower

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
If you have listened to Lou Mongello's podcast at wdwradio.com for this week (episode 6) you heard from the owner of a DVC resale company that the new tower at the Conteporary WILL NOT be part of DVC. So does that mean that the tower will be an addition to the Contemporary with rooms available to all guests? I hope so!

My personal belief is DVC will go there because it has been rumoured to for the past 2 years or so and now that the North Garden Wing has been demolished that only tells me these rumors were true. Plus how can you explain all these websites that have got blue prints of the DVC building rumoured to be built there? Plus I have had various high ranking Cast Members who work at the Contemporary telling me that 100% DVC will be built there.

Besides non DVC would be allowed to stay in the DVC rooms if they are to be built at the Contemporary. You think it's always DVC members staying at the Boardwalk Villas, Yacht & Beach Club Villas, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West? I don't think so because those rooms are also for non DVC guests.

If you have listened to Lou Mongello's podcast at wdwradio.com for this week (episode 6) you heard from the owner of a DVC resale company that the new tower at the Conteporary WILL NOT be part of DVC. So does that mean that the tower will be an addition to the Contemporary with rooms available to all guests? I hope so!

This guy's just guessing, like everyone else is.

There is the distinct possibility that they could be building a new tower with rooms and suites. I know that the rumors are out there but it is a still a rumor and it could wind up being just a tower that will be regular rates and not DVC.

Plus I have had various high ranking Cast Members who work at the Contemporary telling me that 100% DVC will be built there.
Seems like everyone knows a "high ranking cast member" who has the inside scoop;) The woman on the podcast heard her info from a high ranking cast member too. I guess only time will tell.

Personally, I don't care for a high rise going up there. I hope that I change my mind when I see it completed. I would have rather seen a new resort go in near MK.

Anybody can book a DVC room/villa. CRO makes cash ressies for these the same way they do for all other resorts. The percentage of each property CRO has access to is just limited & varies based on DVCers trading out to non-DVC options.

Seems like everyone knows a "high ranking cast member" who has the inside scoop;) The woman on the podcast heard her info from a high ranking cast member too. I guess only time will tell.

Exactly. Everybody seems to know something.;)

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Still no announcement from WDW one way or the other. I know CMs who work at the CR, and even they don't know for sure.

I just listend to the show as well - it actually wasn't Lou who said that the Contemporary wouldn't be a DVC resort, it was his guest who owns a DVC resale company. I'm actually more interested in where the other DVC resorts might be going since it would be GREAT to have Disney in other places like the Caribbean, California, Hawaii and other vacation destinations

Oh hi... I'm new here :)

I just listend to the show as well - it actually wasn't Lou who said that the Contemporary wouldn't be a DVC resort, it was his guest who owns a DVC resale company. I'm actually more interested in where the other DVC resorts might be going since it would be GREAT to have Disney in other places like the Caribbean, California, Hawaii and other vacation destinations

Welcome.

:welcome:

The only thing we can be sure of is that there will be some new Tower being built at the Contemporary. I mean why else would the North Garden Wing be demolished and not renovated like the South Garden Wing? I personally think based on the rumors about DVC coming to the Contemporary that it's going to happen.

Also don't forget there were rumors about the arcade moving to the Fantasia store up on the 4th floor. At 1st everyone was like let's wait and see what will happen, well I was told this would happen last summer by a Cast Member who has worked at the Contemporary for about 15 years. Well since the Fantasia store has now been closed and borded up, that means the arcade is moving up to the Fantasia store once the Food & Fun Center closes. Basically I am saying that was a rumor and even though nothing has been announced we all know it's going to happen based on what the Contemporary has done.

welcome - thanks for the clairification:thumbsup2 .

Can't say that i follow his site-so I'm not really qualified to render an opinion...do know i've read where lou's been wrong in predictions over the last year or so.:confused3

I'm going on record;) , CR will be the next DVC offering (after the bulk of AK is sold):dance3: :banana:

FWIW, it's interesting that the plans and permits that we've seen for the CR are labeled "Contemporary Suites", but the AK plans and permits are prominently labeled "Disney Vacation Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge".

True, the permits were labeled that way, but at least for the stuff through the water mgmt district, it did refer to the development as a DVC within the documents in multiple places. The file name at the bottom of the pages even said DVC.

Also, when the drawings were on the architectural firm's website for a few hours, they also called it a DVC.

If its not DVC, it was either a plan that was changed mid-stream, or Disney took the trouble to make people think it was a DVC when it wasn't.

I haven't listened to Lou's show yet this week, so I can't really comment on what his guest said yet.

It says "The projet is a propsed Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida. More specifically, the site of the new construction is the existing noth wing of the Contemporary Hotel." ETC ETC
It mentions DVC several other times in the permit and documents after that.

Given that all the permits mention Disney Vacation club as the previous poster says, I think it's more likely than not that the tower will be DVC. Also, a representative from a resale company has a vested interest to suggest that the tower will not be DVC; it gets prospective buyers off the fence if they are waiting for a Contemorary DVC.

But as all have stated, at this point it is all speculation until there is an official announcement about the tower

Personally, I don't care for a high rise going up there. I hope that I change my mind when I see it completed. I would have rather seen a new resort go in near MK.

well you might get part of your wish.

heard it was to be called MK suites and although connected to the Cont - it would be stand alone resort.

still haven't heard if it will be just suites or DVC too - or what?

but the tower is definitely going up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter