CR conceirge or tower?

disneyliz

Earning My Ears
We just booked res. at CR for the tower with a request for MK view. I was wondering if its worth the extra $ for the coincerge floors. right now they are sold out but is it worth the time to keep calling to find out if anyone has cancelled. And what it the difference between the tower and the tower club?
Thanks

Some of the extra services you get with concierge are food service, a free refrigerator in your room, and a private concierge cast manager. I think you need to ask yourself if you will use the services enough to make it worth the extra money. Will you be taking advantage of the food or will you be eating in the parks most of the time. Also, are you going to be making a lot of PS arrangements and taking advantage of the concierge staff to do so? Will you need a refrigerator in your room? Also, staying concierge does make you feel like a king/queen for a week. Is that worth it to you too.

The difference between the tower and the tower club level is that the rooms in the tower are from floors 5-11 and room only. There's no special concierge service with any of these rooms. The tower club level is on the 12th floor and you need to insert your roomkey into a card reader in the elevator to get to the floor. You get food service and a private concierge cast member until 4:00pm. You can request a free fridge for your room. I'm not sure if it gets stocked daily with drinks or not. I believe you also get free turndown service in the evenings without having to request it special. There's probably a few other details that I'm missing.

The 14th floor concierge service provides a little bit more service than the 12th floor. It's also much more expensive. You get food service and a personal concierge cast member until 10:00pm. The fridge is free and automatically in your room. You don't have to request it. It gets stocked daily with an assortment of sodas, juices, and water. The balconies on the 14th floor are larger than the other floors. There's also a concierge lounge that has 2 balconies overlooking the Magic Kingdom. You have to insert your room key into a card reader in the elevator to get to the floor. Turn down service at night is free and automatic. Again, there's probably more I'm missing but those are the highlights in my mind from our concierge stays.

So I hope that helps you make up your mind about what level to stay at. I don't think you can wrong with any room at the Contemporary though, concierge or not.

thank you that does help me make up my mind. I probably wont be using the extra services so I will stick to what I have.
Thank you

We've stayed in the tower several times, 2 of the times were on the 12th floor concierge. Here is review of our stay in May.

We were there from Friday May 2 - Sunday May 11. We arrived at the restort around 11:30 am and our room was ready. When we got off the elevator at the 12th floor, Cory from Concierge was there to greet us and explained concierge to us (my husband and I had stayed on 12th floor in the past but it was the first time for my mother). We had requested a MK view and I asked the concierge if they could have a Pal Mickey in my room for my daughter waiting for when we arrived which I would have charged to my room.

We got to our room which was a MK view with an amazing view. The Pal Mickey was sitting on the table waiting for our daugther along with a personalized card from Mickey welcoming her back to WDW, an autograph book, pen and beanie Minnie which concierge did on their own. That was a great surprise and she loved it! The room was very bright and clean. The day maid service was good. The turn down service at night was okay. The first night they didn't show up until right before 10:00 and I believe turndown is from 6-10 but we have a 2 year old so that was too late for us. We requested between 6 and 7. We didn't care about the sheets being turned down, we just wanted fresh towels. At turndown, the trash barrels were emptied, towels replenished and old towels taken away, the radio was on low and there were chocolates on the pillows. The maid also positioned stuffed animals in cute ways.

On our third of fourth day there was a towel animal in the bathroom shaped like a duck and the maid placed a toothbrush it in like a toothbrush holder. It was cute, I think my mother got a bigger kick out of it than our daughter.

The offerings in the morning were Krispy Kreme donuts, danish, bagels, cream cheese, jelly, cereal, minin muffins, coffee, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice and cranberry juice (I may have forgotten a thing or two). In the afternoon there were cookies, brownies, cupcakes, rice crispie treats, lemonade and sometimes there were chips.

The view was incredible! We were able to watch the castle turn colors at night, watch the monorail and ferries in Seven Seas Lagoon, look at the Polynesian and GF and watch the GF and Polynesian's viewing of the EWP from our room. When I was vidoe taping the view from the balcony, I zoomed in on Splash Mountain and was able to see tiny logs going down the drop on Splash Mountain. We watched fireworks on the 6th and 10th from our room.

There were 3 grad nights during our vacation (May 2, 3, 9). The one on May 2nd was pretty loud. We could hear the very LOUD music so we wound up wearing ear plugs to bed that night but no big deal. Grad nights also had fireworks around midnight so we got to watch those from our room.

The concierge staff was great, even before we arrived they were very helpful. We were in WDW for 10 days which included 2 Saturdays. We requested CRT on our First Saturday which they got for us. Then for some reason they also obtained a CRT PS for the second saturday on May 10th. We cancelled that one early in the week because we didn't need to go twice. The PS was for 9:10 am on 5/10 so I hope someone here was able to get the PS. They also made a Hoop Dee Doo reservation for us a week in advance of when we wanted to go. When ever we came into the concierge area or got off the elevator, we were greeted with a smile and a Hello, good morning, have a magical day or something to that effect. We called the day before to request a late check out and we were allowed to check out at 1pm rather than 11am which was great!

Your daughter must have loved her surprise. now you make me want to keep calling for the room. What are the chances of one of the rooms opening up if its sold out now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter