CPers: How do they book a room for family?

BadDad

Mouseketeer
  • How does my CP son book us a room at a WDW resort?
  • Can we do it now and get the discount later?

• How does my CP son book us a room at a WDW resort?
  • Can we do it now and get the discount later?

He will have to make the reservation for your family through the HUB. I believe it is under the Disney Difference Tab? (it has been a long time since I had HUB access) and he will make the reservation through there.

I would suggest to keep your reservation until he had gotten a confirmed reservation with the discount just in case.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's under the Disney Difference tab. It will take him to a page just like the normal Guest reservation webpage, but it automatically detracts the CM discount. After that, I think it's a week (?) before you all check in, he'll have to drive to the resort and show them his ID, that way they can verify that he's a CM. It's pretty simple; I did it twice while I was down there, and never had any problems with it.

As others have said it takes you to the regular WDW booking site where the 8,000 options exists.

Also the prices vary and not all rooms are always available. We are going to visit her and are staying one night without her and 3 nights with her. We are going in the middle of March and staying the one night at POFQ. We booked it on Feb 15 and it was $128 for a standard. It is booked at the family rate with her NOT staying with us. I checked just now Tuesday 2/22 at 7:45AM. Four people in the room with her staying with us is $154, only standard is available. For her not staying with us which is how we are booked is $178 for a standard and $195 for a waterview with four in the room. My friend who I am going with is from Florida so I just checked the Florida resident rate as well. A standard room for 4 is $197 and a waterview is $217.

I LOVE planning (and saving money) and I would drive my daughter nuts if she had to deal with me having to have her check things over and over. When I first made the reservation I made it for the wrong week. She had to call to cancel it. So for that reason (and because I haven't found anything cheaper) I would not make tons of changes. She would kill me if I had her calling to cancel things constantly. :laughing:

Good luck with your planning. I am really looking forward to our visit,

Just a word of caution....your daughter sharing her sign in information on the HUB is grounds for disciplinary action if discovered including termination. Please caution her to not share her log in information and definitely do not mention that you have logged in as her.

Don't know about the food. My friend has the Tables in Wonderland and that meets OUR needs better than the meal plans.

I did my stay for about 7 days for my brother, my boyfriend and me. We did the Dining plan. You have to book that in advance. it cannot be added on after or at check in. There is like a 3-day before you checkin window where u cannot add it on so do it early. It is definitely worth it. We had character dinners everyday and never ran out of lunch and snack passes.

We went in December and used my DS's room discount on two rooms(they linkied our reservation). We were unable to take advantage of the 60% off that was offered for that time(it is VERY limited and CMs jump on those when they are released even if they don't eventually use them) but 50% off was still very nice:cool1:! We did add the dining plan that was offered for around $27 per day per person but had a heck of a time doing it. They kept telling him to call back later when it would be available and then when he did they said it was "sold out" or unavailable. We even said we would pay regular price-we just wanted the DDP. They did not want to allow that. MANY calls later and asking to talk to a supervisor they added the discounted meal plan to our reservations. So my advice is BE PERSISTENT!! Have your child keep calling until you get what you want! We actually SKYPEd him while he was on the phone so we could prompt him what we needed:rotfl2:!

Yeah when I booked for my family to come we couldn't get the Dining plan, granted my mother is super difficult and kept putting everything off, instead of jumping on the good deals when they arose.:headache:

We went in December and used my DS's room discount on two rooms(they linkied our reservation). We were unable to take advantage of the 60% off that was offered for that time(it is VERY limited and CMs jump on those when they are released even if they don't eventually use them) but 50% off was still very nice:cool1:! We did add the dining plan that was offered for around $27 per day per person but had a heck of a time doing it. They kept telling him to call back later when it would be available and then when he did they said it was "sold out" or unavailable. We even said we would pay regular price-we just wanted the DDP. They did not want to allow that. MANY calls later and asking to talk to a supervisor they added the discounted meal plan to our reservations. So my advice is BE PERSISTENT!! Have your child keep calling until you get what you want! We actually SKYPEd him while he was on the phone so we could prompt him what we needed:rotfl2:!

I definitely spent a good deal of time on the phone talking to multiple people so my trip would be a dream come true. I did get the 27 dollar rate too. My boyfriend didn't listen and booked his room regular and said he could just show his ID at checkin to get his parents the discount. I told him he had to go through the hub. Guess who was right :littleangel:

Does anyone know how this works? My DD booked 2 rooms at cast member (other bedroom? is that the name when cast member does not stay in the room with you)one for her father, me and her brother;one for her uncle and his family. They are at the Poly for Easter weekend. She said dining was never offered during the booking process. BIL wants a dining plan so I called CRO and they said it is not available after 4/16. Well, not available at a cast member discount. Fine, he is willing to pay full price for it. CRO still said no.... Will they not give a full price dining plan on a discounted room? Are they telling me no because cast member has to call?

In December they would not let us do that either and we never found out if it was because of a discount on the room or the cast members we talked to didn't know how to add it? After at least TWELVE calls and asking for supervisors we were able to finally add the DDP. My husband still couldn't figure out why they didn't want to take our money when we were willing to pay full price for it--that shouldn't have been an issue:confused3! Maybe some experienced CM can solve this mystery?

Well DD has a little time tomorrow to make some calls so she is going to give it a try for me! We will see!

Last year I found that once my DD had made the reservation on the Hub I was able to call and make changes to it. My DD was so busy she gave me the phone # and said, "You call". When I did, sometimes they asked if I was the cast member and I just said, "No, my daughter is" and they said "Okay."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter