Cpap

BarbO1999

Earning My Ears
I am sure this has been addressed somewhere on this board, but I could not find any information. I use a CPAP machine and will require distilled water. I can not carry this on the plane, but will need it once I get to hotel. We are staying at the Polyneasian and hopes comeone can point me in the right direction to buy the distilled water.

either
1) go without - the humidity in Florida is fine - I never use water in FL
or
2) use bottled water - that is approved if distilled is not available

I would take a cab to a local store and grab some there. There is a Publix in kissimmee that we take cabs to if we need something. I'm sure that there are some other stores near by that might have the water.

actually with a note from your doctor you should be able to carry on distilled water, but then again way to heavy

I use bottled water when I travel and I can't get to a store, when I get home I clean out my resevoir really well, heck I've even used tap in a pinch.

We have traveled to WDW several times with my DH's CPAP machine. He goes without the distilled water while there because of the amount of humidity in the air. We have been there in the fall as well as spring and summer and this has not been an issue. Be prepared to have the machine inspected during security screening at the airport so this will add some time to that process. And the machine does not count as one of your carry ons. It is a freebie.

The only problem we have found at WDW and at other resort/hotels is the lack of electrical plugs near beds. He uses one of the garbage cans upside down to get the machine up off the floor which makes using it easier.

Have fun and leave the water behind.

I am going to call disney and ask about the water. Not a big deal I could use bottled water. When we go on a cruise they get distilled water for you and it is in the cabin free if you request it. I know it is very cheap!!! But can't figure out why a place like disney would not have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter