• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CPAP Machine on Magic

disgreat

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Magic on Oct 21 to Canada.
I'm wondering if I can bring my CPAP machine along with me.
Are there electrical outlets near the bed?
Will bottled water be available for the machine?

I'm interested in any information that my fellow Disboarders may be able to share so that I can make my decision on whether or not to bring the machine.

Thanks!

Yes, yes, and yes. There are outlets on the side tables on both sides of the bed, and you can request bottle water be brought to your room from Guest Services. I have cruised with my CPAP 6 times, and they have made the ships much more accomodating. First cruise in 2011 you had to request an extension cord from Guest Services and plug it into the bathroom.

Have travelled with one on the dream. I always have an extension cord with me I believe I had to run it under bed to desk area. We preordered the distilled water but it was not waiting in our room so we asked our room host and he was confused by the request so I called guest services it later showed up.

We always request distilled water prior to our cruise but twice it was not in our room. We asked our room attendant for a bottle and it was brought to us before bedtime the first night of each cruise. We haven't had an issue as far as outlets.

I have been on the Dream and Wonder with my cpap machine. I sent in the Special Needs medical form a few weeks before our cruise stating I would be traveling with my cpap machine and having a long cord power surge bar with i.

On the form I noted I would need to have distilled water. The distilled water was already in the cabin when we arrived for one cruise, the other cruise it was there before dinner. The time it was not waiting for us the host explained the guest services had those type orders and would be bringing the gallon of water down. They always said to let our stateroom host know if we needed more so he could pass the work along to them. Probably couple of extra steps/papers they have to handle since these are considered medical supplies.

They have never questioned my long cord power surge bar but I pack in the same case with the machine. I haven't needed on the ships but have needed in the hotel rooms we stay in before and/or after the cruise.

Depending on what cabin I'm in sometimes I have to rearrange the bedside table to have room to hold the machine; hose with mask gets draped over the light during the day. We had a great stateroom host and he made a small towel animal, looped the hose around his neck and made it look like he was going to inhale from the end like a smoking pipe. It was cute.

Enjoy your cruise!! I'm counting the days until my next one.

I have been on the Dream and Wonder with my cpap machine. I sent in the Special Needs medical form a few weeks before our cruise stating I would be traveling with my cpap machine and having a long cord power surge bar with i.

On the form I noted I would need to have distilled water. The distilled water was already in the cabin when we arrived for one cruise, the other cruise it was there before dinner. The time it was not waiting for us the host explained the guest services had those type orders and would be bringing the gallon of water down. They always said to let our stateroom host know if we needed more so he could pass the work along to them. Probably couple of extra steps/papers they have to handle since these are considered medical supplies.

They have never questioned my long cord power surge bar but I pack in the same case with the machine. I haven't needed on the ships but have needed in the hotel rooms we stay in before and/or after the cruise.

Depending on what cabin I'm in sometimes I have to rearrange the bedside table to have room to hold the machine; hose with mask gets draped over the light during the day. We had a great stateroom host and he made a small towel animal, looped the hose around his neck and made it look like he was going to inhale from the end like a smoking pipe. It was cute.

Enjoy your cruise!! I'm counting the days until my next one.
Where do you find this form? My DH has a CPAP and I'd like to request distilled water

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter