• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CP semester after graduation

cantwaittobeking

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done or know anything about doing the college program on the semester after graduation? I know it is allowed, but will Disney be less likely to accept you if you apply during your last semester? I know one downside to this would be that I would only get one chance to apply.

My son graduated this past December and is now a CP for Spring Advantage. Due to his college schedule, he couldn't take a semester off without difficulty. He had no problem being offered his CP (received an acceptance email within 7 days of his phone interview) and it now gives him the freedom to apply for PI's, extend if he wants or seek full-time/seasonal employment. He has actually found it to give him some advantages the others that need to return to college don't have. Either way - he's had an amazing experience and he's so glad he did it.

I am graduating in May, and will be starting my program this fall!

I would like to have done a PI this fall, but I have a different job during the summer, and won't be availible till August (and the PIs start May/June). So this way, I am doing the college program again, and since you have to be either in college or in the CP when you apply for a PI (or another CP), I will have one more chance!

This will be my second program. I took a semester off from school to do the first one, and since I came into school with AP credits, I am still graduating on time.

Has anyone done or know anything about doing the college program on the semester after graduation? I know it is allowed, but will Disney be less likely to accept you if you apply during your last semester? I know one downside to this would be that I would only get one chance to apply.

I applied for after graduation and was accepted. I don't think it makes a difference what year or semester you are in. Now for the Professional Internships it does.

My son graduated this past December and is now a CP for Spring Advantage. Due to his college schedule, he couldn't take a semester off without difficulty. He had no problem being offered his CP (received an acceptance email within 7 days of his phone interview) and it now gives him the freedom to apply for PI's, extend if he wants or seek full-time/seasonal employment. He has actually found it to give him some advantages the others that need to return to college don't have. Either way - he's had an amazing experience and he's so glad he did it.

This is good advice and was also told to me by a manager. I did my first program in 2010 as a sophomore. I wanted to apply for a PI in Guest Relations. The manager said to wait until I will have graduated that way if I wanted to stay with the company I could, instead of having to go back to school.

Since this was my last semester I applied for both CP and Professional Internships. I was accepted to the CP and chose to accept the offer in case I was not offered a PI. Being on a CP will give you another chance to apply for the next season even though you are not enrolled in school. I was offered a PI in Guest Relations and switched to that and got my CP fees refunded.

I graduated in May and did my CP last fall. Since I didn't have to go back to school after I got to stay and am currently a guest relations PI.

It's worked out well for me so far.

I, too, am graduating this May (well, technically August since I have to take summer classes) and was accepted for Fall just fine.

FWIW, while I believe you do have to indicate your graduation semester/year on your application, they don't even ask about it in the interview (well, they didn't ask me at least). I can't imagine why they'd be less likely to accept people who are doing the CP after graduating. If anything I think it would be more desirable because in most cases, the fact that you're older & have graduated college shows maturity.

I'm graduating at the end of the summer semester (August 3rd) and will be starting my 3rd CP August 12th. As long as you applied while you're still a student, you're fine.

In my opinion, being a little bit older and more experienced was actually a plus.

Yay! Y'all are giving me hope.

I'm graduating next May and was hoping to do a PI but was going to apply for another CP just as a back up. It's just really nerve wrecking because it will be only and last chance to get in.

I wasn't sure how they felt about people who had recently graduated.

Yay! Y'all are giving me hope.

I'm graduating next May and was hoping to do a PI but was going to apply for another CP just as a back up. It's just really nerve wrecking because it will be only and last chance to get in.

I wasn't sure how they felt about people who had recently graduated.

Definitely apply for both, but since you do have previous experience Id assume you will at least get into the CP whether your graduating or not (if it did matter...but I dont think it does). Best of luck with your schooling!

I applied for after graduation and was accepted. I don't think it makes a difference what year or semester you are in. Now for the Professional Internships it does.

This is good advice and was also told to me by a manager. I did my first program in 2010 as a sophomore. I wanted to apply for a PI in Guest Relations. The manager said to wait until I will have graduated that way if I wanted to stay with the company I could, instead of having to go back to school.

Since this was my last semester I applied for both CP and Professional Internships. I was accepted to the CP and chose to accept the offer in case I was not offered a PI. Being on a CP will give you another chance to apply for the next season even though you are not enrolled in school. I was offered a PI in Guest Relations and switched to that and got my CP fees refunded.

Congratulations on your PI!!! Do you know which Guest Relations you will be working? My DD has a dear friend who works at GR at EPCOT.

Congratulations on your PI!!! Do you know which Guest Relations you will be working? My DD has a dear friend who works at GR at EPCOT.

I don't know yet. Hopefully they will tell us soon! I am actually hoping for EPCOT as that is my favorite park!

I don't know yet. Hopefully they will tell us soon! I am actually hoping for EPCOT as that is my favorite park!

I hope you get EPCOT then :goodvibes Lots of Pixie Dust coming your way! If you do get EPCOT ask for Josh from San Luis Opiso (sp?), he's a wonderful person!

I hope you get EPCOT then :goodvibes Lots of Pixie Dust coming your way! If you do get EPCOT ask for Josh from San Luis Opiso (sp?), he's a wonderful person!

Wait I'm from San Luis Obispo! Small world!

You'll typically find out your gr park when you check in. There are ways of finding out earlier of course :).

There is a girl from our hometown that was just accepted and she just applied the first time and made it in. She has already graduated.

I think it's actually to your advantage to do the program after graduation.

My first program was last spring, during my junior year. I really wanted to stay. I even looked into applying to transfer to SoCal schools so I could do my senior year while working at Disneyland. But it was really hard -- by the time I realized I for sure wanted to stay, applications were long overdue, and schools weren't accepting spring transfers, so I would have had to wait over a year to go back to school. So I ended up coming home

I graduate in a few weeks, and this fall, I'm doing the program again. I have no definite plans for the semester after my CP, so I am free to apply for an extension for for a PI!

I'm graduating this month :cool1: and I got accepted for a Fall CP. I was pending for what felt like forever (about 2 months) but it's looking like that had to do more with my interview than my class standing, judging by everyone else's responses.

And I would definitely apply for both the CP and the PIs, especially if you've never done a CP before. I applied for 3 PIs, all of which were in my major, and got denied from all three without even getting a screening interview. Granted, I had never done a CP or had any experience in my field, but I'm a 4.0 graduating senior and I had a good portfolio set up. But, they definitely value experience and they're extremely competitive. So unless you have a lot of experience in your field, definitely apply for both.

I graduate next May and I'm planning to do the Fall 2014 CP if I'm not able to secure an internship. Then afterwards I'd really like to apply for a Disney PI! I applied for three of them this past application period and made it to the final stages for two, but my scholarship won't allow me to take a semester off, even if it's for an internship with credit. :rolleyes2: I got accepted to the CP my freshman year but wasn't able to do it for the same reason. Ugh! But that won't be an issue once I graduate, thank goodness.

So that's the plan for now! Working for Disney is my dream, especially the DFTW program, so really, I'd rather do the CP and a PI than try to get an internship with another company.

Good luck to everyone applying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter