CP resume question!!

Dis-Wiz

All you need is Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!
Hi, I'm planning on applying for the Spring '10 program this summer, and was wondering...

Has anybody been accepted into the CP who hasn't had a job before? I've been lucky enough to not have had to work yet (my parent's help me out with college, along with the scholarships and such), and I was wondering if my chances for getting into the CP are smaller because of my lack of work experience. I did work at an art camp last summer, but only for a week.
Throughout high school, I did a lot of volunteering, but nothing I got paid for.
And I am going to apply for jobs this summer, but it's extremely difficult to get a job around where I live.

I get good grades, I'm involved on my campus, I just don't have much work experience. I'm just so worried that I won't get in. Doing the CP means everything to me!

So if any of you could help me with this, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi, I'm planning on applying for the Spring '10 program this summer, and was wondering...

Has anybody been accepted into the CP who hasn't had a job before? I've been lucky enough to not have had to work yet (my parent's help me out with college, along with the scholarships and such), and I was wondering if my chances for getting into the CP are smaller because of my lack of work experience. I did work at an art camp last summer, but only for a week.
Throughout high school, I did a lot of volunteering, but nothing I got paid for.
And I am going to apply for jobs this summer, but it's extremely difficult to get a job around where I live.

I get good grades, I'm involved on my campus, I just don't have much work experience. I'm just so worried that I won't get in. Doing the CP means everything to me!

So if any of you could help me with this, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks! :goodvibes

To my knowledge...I don't think it matters...I applied for the Internship for Fall Advantage. My interviewer asked me if I had experience using a cash register or customer service (since I applied for Merchandising and Hospitality) and I told her that I volunteered for my local library for four years. She asked me what I did throughout those four years, but that was just about it. At the end, she asked me if working at Disney would be considered my first real job, and I said yes. I got a letter about a week after the interview, stating that I'm a strong candidate for the Fall Advantage 2009 Program. What I'm trying to say is...I think as long as you have experience (volunteer or not) that you should be good. :)

When I did my first CP (in 2005), it was my first job. I had never worked before then.

Thanks you guys!! That's reassuring to hear!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter