• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CP program for Art students

BadDad

Mouseketeer
Are there any programs or cast member roles for art students?

Like portrait artists in the hotels / parks?

You typically won't find a CP that really utilizes any specific skills of an art student. Jobs like portrait artists aren't given to CPs, their roles are a little more basic. Some CPs, like PhotoPass, will indirectly be related to whichever field of art you may be studying, but in terms of internship-like experience something more like the PI would be a better fit to give you practical experience.

Could someone do there DCP at the Art of Animation at DHS if they showed they could draw and made sure they could teach the 'draw a character' class? Or if you couldn't draw could you be part of the Art of Animaiton show with Mushu?

I don't think CPs could ever do that, they're required to stay within the role that they were assigned at the beginning of the program. At the end of the program though they could definitely apply for said roles and be considered favorably based on any skills they may have shown, but usually CPs are never in those capacities unless their role specifically called for it (i.e. character performer)

The best option for art students would probably be custodial surprisingly enough. They get to learn how to draw various disney characters with their bucket of water and broom. Some custodial are very artistic and can draw very well. Usually a large group of guests gather to watch and is one of the best ways to make a magical moment. IF you are interested in drawing, then this is by far the best role in the CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter