CP dining solo??

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done the CP package as a solo traveler? Did you feel awkward dining alone? Have made solo trips before but do counter service and food court meals. Where would you recommend dining solo for CP package?? Thanks for any advice - :)

I'm sorry but I don't know what a CP package is. I went solo this past May and only did one sit down meal at the Rose & Crown for a lunch. It was a great experience as long as I had something to read...the brochure for Epcot :p

Most of my meals were counter service. It is easier to pick up your meals and then find a table to sit.

I'm going back in May 2002 and hope I can do more sitdowns, but I will have something to read as that makes me feel less conspicuous(sp).

Guess this answer is better late than never!

I've been solo for the CP for two years now. Last year I ate at the Biergarten. That is fun solo because you sit at a table with other people. Last year the table was filled with others going to the same show of CP so we had something in common to start with. This year I decided to live dangerously and tried Restaurant Marrakesh for the first time. I had a blast!!! The food was wonderful, there was music and the belly dancer to watch and the servers were wonderful. I didn't for a moment feel awkward about being solo.

I highly recommend NOT bringing something to read when you do a sit-down at Disney. I used to "hide" behind my magazine or book and Disney was the place where I learned to not do that. There is so much to watch, so many people to "peek" in on. Disney has taught me to value the moment and experience I am in, instead of tuning out what is going on around me. It took very little time to get comfortable with so much to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter