CP Buses?

How reliable are they and what kind of schedule do they follow?

I used the buses for all of my CPs. For the most part, they were on time. I found that it was better to leave a little earlier then I would have, just to be safe (in case of traffic or whatnot).

Busses follow a [regular] schedule. You'll be given one at check-in and they always have extras at the housing office. They generally run every 15-25 minutes, depending on you work location and the time of day.

You will come across people who claim that they are horrible.

Dig a little and ask. Most likely these same people have never had to depend on any type of public transportation and were having difficulties adjusting to being without their own car at their own disposal.

They don't realize that you have to adjust *your* schedule to accommodate the bus schedule and take into account possible traffic.

If the schedule says that you will get to your location 5 min ahead of when you clock in, that is fine as long as everything goes perfectly... but seldom does traffic cooperate.

They work for what they are supposed to do- get people back and forth from work. Not so great for getting around the area, but they will work for that too.

I think they are terrible. Do they get you where you need to go? Yes but the drivers are incredibly rude, they breakdown ALOT. and if you work at a resort and not a park they do not come as often. If you work at MK be prepared for an all out stampede to get on the bus at night. I've been elbowed in the face trying to get on.

If you have a car, bring it and avoid the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No, they're pretty horrible. One time I took the bus that was supposed to get me to work two hours early. I was almost late. Often times bus drivers will decide to skip stops. Heaven forbid you need off there or worse if you're waiting to get picked up.

Avoid the buses at all costs!! They're late about a quarter of the time and the buses themselves are unreliable. They'll take you where you need to go and nothing else. Also, you need to rearrange your schedule to match up with the bus schedule. That means sometimes leaving for work 1 to 1.5 hours early when, if you had a car, you could leave at your leisure. Also, sometimes you'll have to compete for space on the bus. That's why I gave up on the buses and drove myself to work every day. I highly suggest making friends with someone who has a car if you can't bring your own.

I ride the bus and usually arrive a hour early every day to be safe. I have yet to be late. As for the person commenting about those who say the busses are terrible have never ridden public transportation - I ride public transportation every day to university back in my hometown. The busses were usually on time there, here you need to arrive 15 minutes early just o make sure to catch the bus. The busses usually run either early or late. If you work late nights and it is cold out, make sure to bring a jacket. You could end up being a hour and a half waiting for a bus. That being said, I don't mind the busses too much, I fall asleep on the way home. :P

Will there be buses if I work till 1:30am? I don't know where I am working since I am I the culinary program.I would LOVe to take my car,but I live far away and my car is old.

Disneyland uses the city buses, and I know if the Anaheim transit is closed for the night you can get a free cab, but I'm not sure what WDW does.

Will there be buses if I work till 1:30am? I don't know where I am working since I am I the culinary program.I would LOVe to take my car,but I live far away and my car is old.

Busses run almost 24/7 considering how some shifts can start as early as 5am and go as late as 4am. However, in the wee hours of the night, they run less frequently. You'll receive a bus schedule when you arrive.

I ride the bus and usually arrive a hour early every day to be safe. I have yet to be late. As for the person commenting about those who say the busses are terrible have never ridden public transportation - I ride public transportation every day to university back in my hometown. The busses were usually on time there, here you need to arrive 15 minutes early just o make sure to catch the bus. The busses usually run either early or late. If you work late nights and it is cold out, make sure to bring a jacket. You could end up being a hour and a half waiting for a bus. That being said, I don't mind the busses too much, I fall asleep on the way home. :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't/didn't mind the busses much!

I didn't have my license yet when I did my last program, so I really liked the newfound extra freedom and mobility that the busses gave me. My experience with them will be a little bit different since I worked at the All Stars so the bus was hardly ever full, but I never minded them at all. I did have to leave an hour early for every shift and I did have to wait about 30-35 minutes before I could go home (the Resort busses, as I believe someone mentioned, don't run as often as the park busses, especially in the evening) which could be rough if you get off at 1 am, but other than that they weren't *too* bad. A few of my friends had cars and every once in a while they'd ride the bus for a week at a time to help save on gas money. Aside from a few grumpy drivers, I never really had any issues with them.

But with that said, now that I have my license, I will be bringing my car. Not because I didn't like leaving extra early for my shift, but because grocery shopping is so much easier with a car (The Walmart/Publix bus gets really busy no matter what time of the day you take it) and I want the ease in case I do work at a park where the bus will be harder to get.

As a general thing, the bus drivers (like someone mentioned) can be pretty crabby, so that's also something to keep in mind. During my program, there were one or two K Bus drivers who were so awful that even my managers had nicknames for them.

As a general thing, the bus drivers (like someone mentioned) can be pretty crabby, so that's also something to keep in mind. During my program, there were one or two K Bus drivers who were so awful that even my managers had nicknames for them.

Luckily American Coach no longer has the contract. Its now TranStar and most of the drivers left. You'll still find ones that aren't as chipper as you'd like though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter