Cozumel taxi questions/Paradise Beach

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Now that we are getting really close, I need to firm up some details about our jaunt to Paradise Beach. I've read it is $12 each way for a taxi.
Do taxis hold a family of 5?
Do the drivers speak English?
How much for a tip?
As for Paradise Beach, how much should we expect to pay for food and drinks? We just want a handle on how much cash to take with us.
Robin M.

We went to Paradise Beach in April and it was fantastic! I'll try to answer your questions:

Q: Do taxis hold a family of 5?

A: The taxis looked pretty small to me but maybe that was just the one we were in (we were 3 adults). But there are vans that are available; I just don't know what the rates are for the van. Maybe someone else can help you out here.

Q: Do the drivers speak English?

A: Both the taxi drivers we had (to and from Paradise Beach) spoke English.

Q: How much for a tip?

A: I was told by people living in Cozumel that tips are not expected so we did not tip. I'm sure they won't turn it down but my understanding is that they are not the norm like it is in Canada or the US.

Q: As for Paradise Beach, how much should we expect to pay for food and drinks?

A: We paid $32 US for a huge hamburger (very thick, Angus beef), fries, a spicy chicken wrap and fries, nachos and salsa and 3 large Cokes. The portions were very generous and there was more food than the 3 of us could eat. Tshirts were $15 and massages were $1/minute.

You'll have a great time at Paradise Beach! The sand and water are lovely and clean, and there are plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Our food was brought to us on the beach and it only took 20 minutes. Have a great time!

Yes, the drivers do speak english..and most taxis are vans..so there should be no problem holding your family of 5.

When you get to the top of the dock area..the taxi stand is kind of in the grassy area..middle of street..prices are posted right on the sign..just confirm with the man standing there where you want to go and the price and he will motion for a taxi to pull up and take you away.

All quite easy..enjoy!

Hi, just went to Paradise Beach last week. It is now $15 each way for a taxi. It is a beautiful beach. It is a bit rocky, so you may want to bring water shoes or sandals to wear in the water. We paid about $25 for 2 bottles of H2O, 2 beers, a margarita, nachos, and a quesadilla. Very inexpensive! We had a great time. Our cab drivers spoke english. They do have vans, but I bet that they are more expensive. They drivers drive a little crazy. One of ours went the wrong way down a one way street to avoid traffic. Keep your eyes closed!!!

Robin,
We have got to meet!!!
My fam. and I will be on the Magic on the 3rd as well. So far it seems we are going for the same celebration( my PIL are celebrating their 60th anniversary) and we are planning, at least , one excursion the same(paradise beach). Our group consists of Me, DH, DS-11, DD-6(almost 7), DD-4on July 4th, BIL-49, FIL-83, MIL-82. Both my in-laws are very young for their ages. In perfect health.I'm interested to hear more about your fam.

Jeannie

My group consists of me, DH, DD#1--12, DD#2--9, and DS--6. My sister and her husband will be along, plus my nieces who are 15 and 11. We are doing Stingray City through Capt. Marvins in Cayman--I think Karen B. from these boards will also be doing that one.
We are all on deck 6. I am making door signs this week--bought the magnetic paper and have the Mickey heads from Home Depot.
Robin M.

We are on 6 as well. We're doing stingray city with capt. Bryan. Used Marvin last year. The guides we had were great! Wanted to try a catamaran this time because the only time I get seasick is on small motorboats(the only downer of the trip). We are going to have something on our cabin doors. I want to think about it more. See you all at the sailaway party!
Jeannie

Robin-great Paradise Beach questions (and answers)!! We were wondering the same things!! I think the water trampoline and iceburg will be a blast! Here is a website that has the menu on it:

http://www.cozumel-beach.com/

CarolJean-we are doing Captain Marvin's half day snorkel trip.

We are on deck 7 and I am trying to decide what to put on our door! The closest Home Depot is about an hour away, so no cute Mickey heads. :(

We must get a meet planned!!!!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter