Cozumel- Nachi Cocom or Mr Sanchos for small child?

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
I've done a fair amount of reading, but I'd love more opinions on this. We are trying to decide between Nachi Cocom and Mr Sancho's with our three-year-old. We have been to Nachi Cocom before our daughter was born and liked it a lot, but DH thinks it might be nice to try a place that will have more kids. Also, I have seen at least one person mention that the Nachi beach has a drop-off that is not kid-friendly (I don't remember that).

What do you guys think? Should we do Mr. Sancho's with a child too young for the inflatables? I guess I'm concerned that it will be too crazy over there.

Is there a lot of shade/umbrellas at Mr. Sancho's? I loved the palapa at Nachi. I'm not a sunbather.

Have you looked at Playa Mia? That's where we are looking.

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

I looked a little, bc I heard the water park is great for little kids, but I'm afraid Playa Mia will be too busy? Basically, I loved the calm of Nachi Cocom. I'm willing to take it up a notch for a place better for kids, but don't want to take it up too many notches. :)

Maybe this isn't a good thing to think about when I've been sick for a week. I'm feeling all about peace and quiet right now.

We did Nachi Cocum in April with my then 4.5 year old twins and we had a blast. We spent most of the time in the pool. There were maybe 5 other children playing in there so they had plenty of room. The wind was up and the waves were pretty rough so we did not brave the ocean. We did not do any of the other offerings that they had because frankly they were having a blast in the pool. We have never done Mr. Sanchos but are looking at it for October this year because Nachi Cocum is closed for a private event. I am looking forward to hearing other people's experience there.

We did Nachi with my son, who was just 4 at the time. We packed sand toys for him. They have Mexican food, but also standard stuff like hot dogs and burgers.

From what I understand, the difference with Mr. Sanchos is all the extra inflatable water toy stuff. That wouldn't have been good for my 4 year old anyway. We felt Nachi was just enough to suit our needs.

We did Nachi with my son, who was just 4 at the time. We packed sand toys for him. They have Mexican food, but also standard stuff like hot dogs and burgers. From what I understand, the difference with Mr. Sanchos is all the extra inflatable water toy stuff. That wouldn't have been good for my 4 year old anyway. We felt Nachi was just enough to suit our needs.

Good to hear this with our kids being similar ages. She's too little for all the inflatables and I think it would be nice for her just enjoy playing on the beach with some sand toys.

I have read the entrance to the water can be quite steep and not kid friendly. Did you have this issue?

We went to Playa Mia on a Disney excursion in June and it really wasn't that crowded at all. Plenty of room to play on the beach and in the water. We were able to get chairs right in front of the water so we could relax and still supervise the kids playing on the sand and in the water right in front of us. There is a great pirate themed water play area w/ little slides for younger kids as well.

Good to hear this with our kids being similar ages. She's too little for all the inflatables and I think it would be nice for her just enjoy playing on the beach with some sand toys. I have read the entrance to the water can be quite steep and not kid friendly. Did you have this issue?

Not at all. Where we were seated it was just walk into the water like every other beach. We didn't use the pool at all, so I can't speak to that. It looked very pretty though.

I took my 2-year-old and 4-year-old to Nachi Cocom last February. I thought it was a great place for small children.

We did not bring any sand toys and asked if we could buy some, but someone came back with a bucket of toys we could borrow for free.

At the time we went, there was no big drop-off into the beach.

Just a thought with young kids. There was more than one beach area. You could walk by and see the dolphins even if you decided not to pay to do this experience. There is a nice walking area that you can see animals and turtles and fish. And it's inexpensive like $20 per adult and less for kids. I enjoyed reading all these posts. We've already done chankanaab so I'm debating whether we should go again or try one of the beach clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter