• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cozumel - Live update continues.....

Live From the Magic

Earning My Ears
Another picture perfect day in paradise. We landed this morning at about 10:00. The Magic and the Celebrity Century got to dock at the pier in the center of town. Three Carnival and one RCCL ship were docked at a pier further down the shore. Cozumel had put up a big banner welcoming us.

We took the Cozumel Ruins and Beach tour. It was really fun. I love history and just soaked up the San Gervasio ruins. This part of the excursion includes a guided tour of the ruins. Our guide's name was Jorge. He also told us about a lot of stuff about the Mayan people. When we got to Playa Sol (the beach part) he showed us around and pointed out the vendors that he said had good quality stuff. (I think he gets kick backs on this one.) I found the prices of souviners at the ruins to be very reasonable.

Playa Sol is a wonderful place to be if you just want to do the beach thing. They had a pool for those people who didn't want to deal with the surf. Their were beach chairs for everyone, umbrellas were available for a nominal charge. Non-motorized water "toys" were available for free. The motorized "toys" - aka jet skis did cost extra.

If you like the history stuff, this is definitely a nice tour that doesn't take up your whole day like Tulum and Xcaret. (Of course, San Gervasio doesn't have the huge pyramid looking temples.

If you do have small children, you may want to be careful on what they see. San Gervasio was a temple to the Goddess of fertility. some of the reproduction statues sold in the gift shop are (shall we say) provocative. There are not that many of them, but I certainly did a double take on this one. Matthew was busy looking at Maracha (SP?) so I just changed rows really fast.

Mexicalifragilist was great tonight. A Mariachi Band played thorugh our dinner, they even came into the resturants and played. The waiters got into the act too dancing through the resturant to the song "Feeling Hot Hot Hot" The menu was not what I traditionally expect for Mexican. but it was the standard Foo-Foo selection with a mexican flare. (Foo-foo is not meant to be derogatory, it is just a style of food some people enjoy more than others.) I loved the tenderloins I got after removing the "stuff" off it.

Well tommorrow is our last day at sea and the second formal night. Talk to you later.

I'm really getting the cruise bug reading your reports, Robin! Gotta' get busy talking DH into a western!

Robin, Glad to see that you're taking your research job VERY seriously!:D Sounds like a blst!

Thanks for the review on the Cozumel Ruins and Beach Tour -- that's one I was definitely considering. Sounds like you're having a ball -- thanks for keeping us all updated!!

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter