Cozumel - Fury Catamaran Sail Question

cykojoe

Disney junkie and proud of it!
We have our own snorkel gear and we will be bringing it along with us on June 24 and do the Fury Catamaran. My DW does not know how to swim and requires a floating device. We have our own but don't want to bring them because it takes a lot of space. Will they supply floating devices for adults and children as part of the excursion?

Thanks

Yes, they provide the horseshoe vest for all participants. Our first trip, I brought my own vest; I will not do that again, as the horseshoe vest works very well. The most important thing is to make sure that it is on correctly and tight.

cykojoe said:
We have our own snorkel gear and we will be bringing it along with us on June 24 and do the Fury Catamaran. My DW does not know how to swim and requires a floating device. We have our own but don't want to bring them because it takes a lot of space. Will they supply floating devices for adults and children as part of the excursion?

Thanks

Here is a picture of me when I was on that excursion. My son and I had a blast. I used my own snorkel equipment but the vest is what they give you. The guy in the upper right has all borrowed equipement if you were curious what it looked like.

111608disney_magic_vacationrevised_5-med.jpg

If you want more info on that excursion let me know. I also have more pictures..

Sherri
Disney Magic 5-6-06

When I did this excursion, everyone wore the yellow inflatable vests, but the water is so salty that you naturally float.

I let all the air out of mine and it was still difficult to go underwater. Your wife doesn't need to worry at all.

disp4so said:
Here is a picture of me when I was on that excursion. My son and I had a blast. I used my own snorkel equipment but the vest is what they give you. The guy in the upper right has all borrowed equipement if you were curious what it looked like.

111608disney_magic_vacationrevised_5-med.jpg

If you want more info on that excursion let me know. I also have more pictures..

Sherri
Disney Magic 5-6-06

We're doing this in August, I'd love to see more pictures!! :3dglasses

Our family just did this excursion on May 24. It was great. :sunny: Our DS5 was fine. Went in with DH and did fine. DD9 was freaked out. She was under the impression that we would be in a contained area. We were out far into the ocean and it was approx. 25-30 ft. deep. She was deathly afraid of sharks. There were none of course!! She finally got in and snorkled a bit. It was a really fun excursion. I would do it again. We brought our own snorkles, masks and flippers and used their vests. The beach afterwards was really nice and the catamaran was lots of fun. :thumbsup2
I dont know how to post pics, or I would. Sorry. :confused3

Did any of you bring a lunch with you from the ship? I see that this excursion runs from 9am until 2pm. Or, do they sell lunch at the beach area? DH is diabetic and he can not go without eating at least a little something, for that many hours. If they don't sell lunch, we'll have to make sure we pack something to take. I understand that they provide beverages.

I want to thank everyone for their replies and the picturs also helped quite a bit. I could not imaging packing 3 floating devices for my family...space is precious!!!

SeaSpray - Anyone is more than welcome on correcting me if I am wrong but I believe they serve lunch on the beach as part of the excursion...you still might want to take a snack just in case it runs late!!

cykojoe said:
I want to thank everyone for their replies and the picturs also helped quite a bit. I could not imaging packing 3 floating devices for my family...space is precious!!!

SeaSpray - Anyone is more than welcome on correcting me if I am wrong but I believe they serve lunch on the beach as part of the excursion...you still might want to take a snack just in case it runs late!!

That would be great if they did provide or sell lunch, but I don't see it listed anywhere on the DCL site. I should probably do a search here on the Trip Reports board to see if anyone mentions lunch. :)

Hi again... I will be posting more pictures soon. But to clarify the lunch question.

All the drinks are free

Margaritas, Diet pepsi, pepsi and 7-up

They sell hamburgers on the beach that come with potato, macarioni, and or pasta salad. It cost $8.00.

I don't know if it was just the day I went, but the hamburgers were terrible. They tasted like they had been cooked for days. The buns were stale to. On a positive note the potato salad was very good.

I would suggest bringing your own food though.

Sherri

Just to add to what disp4so wrote: mexican beer is also included, and we had heard of people getting sick from the food in Mexico so we did not buy any. Also, order pb&j's from room service and bring those. They make triple deckers on the ship. :thumbsup2

SeaSpray said:
We're doing this in August, I'd love to see more pictures!! :3dglasses

Here are a few more

111608disney_magic_vacation_021-med.jpg

111608disney_magic_vacation_022-med.jpg

111608disney_magic_vacation_024-med.jpg

Pictures of private beach they take you to

111608private_beach_fury_catamaran.jpg

My son trying out an ATV on the beach for the first time. $20 for 20 min for anyone who is interested. My son had a smile from ear to ear when he came back. Just loved it

111608andrew_on_ATV.jpg

Sherri
Disney Magic 5-06-06

disp4so said:
Here are a few more

111608disney_magic_vacation_021-med.jpg

111608disney_magic_vacation_022-med.jpg

111608disney_magic_vacation_024-med.jpg

Pictures of private beach they take you to

111608private_beach_fury_catamaran.jpg

My son trying out an ATV on the beach for the first time. $20 for 20 min for anyone who is interested. My son had a smile from ear to ear when he came back. Just loved it

111608andrew_on_ATV.jpg

Sherri
Disney Magic 5-06-06

Sherri:

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! :3dglasses Do you know if you have to be a certain age to drive the ATVs? I know that my DS18 will be old enough, but I'm wondering if DS15 would be...?? I think they'd both enjoy that, they're not exactly "beach" people, so renting the ATVs would give them something fun to do. :)

What other activities are available on the beach? How long do you snorkel for, and how long are you on the beach for? Are there any umbrellas on the beach??

Thanks again! :sunny:

SeaSpray said:
Sherri:

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! :3dglasses Do you know if you have to be a certain age to drive the ATVs? I know that my DS18 will be old enough, but I'm wondering if DS15 would be...?? I think they'd both enjoy that, they're not exactly "beach" people, so renting the ATVs would give them something fun to do. :)

What other activities are available on the beach? How long do you snorkel for, and how long are you on the beach for? Are there any umbrellas on the beach??

Thanks again! :sunny:

Re Age limit on ATV's.. I am not sure. My son was 16 and they alowed him to go, but then I don't think they even asked. You spend about 45 min snorkling and about 1 hour at the beach.

Here is information from a post I made about a week after coming back from my cruise.

We took this excursion and had a blast. They used two Catamarans so it was not too crowded. The private beach was nice with shade umbrellas and nice bathrooms. They had lots of floats for free and you could rent Kayaks and ATVs.

My son rode the ATV along the beach and was smiling from ear to ear when he came back.

I thought the snorkling was great, lots of colorful fish all around you.

They played music and danced and had a conga line on the way back on the Catamaran, that is about as "rowdy" as it got. I saw kids of all ages having a great time.

and yes our two catamarans were only Disney Cruise passengers. We did have a third ship join us at the beach that carried passengers from a carnival cruise. That catamaran had twice the people we had on ours.

So Disney does a good job with this excursion I think

The kayaks were at the beach but they were an extra cost. I am sorry I don't know how much. The ATV's were $20 for 20-25 min. My son had never driven one before and the guide there helped out and drove around with him. So I think that was worth it, he had a great time.

There were no jet ski's to rent.

The floats were free and there were plenty to go around.

All the drinks were free, they had Margarita's, Mexican beer, pepsi, diet pepsi and 7-up. They were free on the boat and on the beach.

They did have hamburgers, potato and macaroni salad on the beach (but they cost $8.00) the hamburgers were not good, but the salads were. I would suggest brining your own snacks.

there was no taxi/bus ride which was nice, you got off the tender and the Catamaran was right there waiting on the other side of the dock, only had to walk about 20 feet.

I don't remember for sure, but I think it was about a 35-45 min ride on the catamaran each way. I like to be in the water so the snorkling went quick for me, but it did not feel like you were being jipped or anything. the beach was just enough to use the rest rooms, relax under a shaded umbrella and take in the scenery.

I enjoyed it and would consider doing it agian if I were to return. the crew was very nice, funny and entertaining.

The kayaks are free. :thumbsup2

The floats are free too. :thumbsup2

1 Hour total on the beach.

disp4so said:
I enjoyed it and would consider doing it agian if I were to return. the crew was very nice, funny and entertaining.

Thanks so much for that review!! I think I only have 1 question left :teeth: How much was the picture that they took of you? I'm assuming they take a picture of each person as they're snorkeling?? Do they print the pictures up on the boat and give them to you at the end of the excursion, or did they have to mail it to you at home?? Thanks again for all of the information and the pictures! :sunny:

SeaSpray said:
Thanks so much for that review!! I think I only have 1 question left :teeth: How much was the picture that they took of you? I'm assuming they take a picture of each person as they're snorkeling?? Do they print the pictures up on the boat and give them to you at the end of the excursion, or did they have to mail it to you at home?? Thanks again for all of the information and the pictures! :sunny:

There were two pictures taken and one stock photo of underwater fish that they sell in a package. One is the pic I posted the other is one of your group boarding the catamaran. I think they wanted 25 for all three. I was going to buy just one at 12.00 since I only had 20 dollars cash left, but they gave me all three for the 20.00. My son did not snorkel so I am not positive about whether they take them of everyone in your group. The photagrapher stood at the end of the boad where you come back to board and took pictures as everyone swam back to the boat platform. They do print them onboard and sell them on the boat ride back.

Hope that helps and you have a fantastic time on your cruise ! :banana:
:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: :dance3: :yay: :bounce: :wave: :banana:

disp4so said:
There were two pictures taken and one stock photo of underwater fish that they sell in a package. One is the pic I posted the other is one of your group boarding the catamaran. I think they wanted 25 for all three. I was going to buy just one at 12.00 since I only had 20 dollars cash left, but they gave me all three for the 20.00. My son did not snorkel so I am not positive about whether they take them of everyone in your group. The photagrapher stood at the end of the boad where you come back to board and took pictures as everyone swam back to the boat platform. They do print them onboard and sell them on the boat ride back.

Hope that helps and you have a fantastic time on your cruise ! :banana:
:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: :dance3: :yay: :bounce: :wave: :banana:

Thank you, once again! :sunny: I think you've answered every question I could possibly think of!! :teeth: I'm really looking forward to this excursion, we have a big group of DISers signed up for it! :boat:

Thank You for all your information, we're going on this excursion too and it helps to know to bring food (young child coming) :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter