cozumel excursions??

inluvwithpluto

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if the dolphin encounter is really worth it in cozumel? I can't decide whether my son (9) and I should do that and spend the day in chakanab, or sight see on our own and go to paradise beach? Any suggestions? I heard chakanab park isn't that great .

We've been looking into Cozumel also. We are planning the Dolphin Swim, which is not offered through Disney - we have to book it on our own. The swim is different than the encounter, in that you get into the water and play with the dolphins. The encounter is cool (we did similar in Nassau last year), but you just get to pet him and stuff like that - cool, but I think we need to move up to the swim.

Anyway - I've never been to Cozumel, so I can't realy advise you, but I just wanted to pass this along.:fish: :fish: :fish:

We initially strolled the streets of Cozumel for about an hour or so and then hopped into a cab, 15 bucks for 4 and went to PARADISE BEACH....for about 4 hours, Was absolutely the best 4 hours spent on the cruise relaxation wise, best bang for your buck wise, and fun wise....plus it is a beautiful place.

We then took a cab ride to the Mini Golf course in town, Cozumel Sally I think. Played a round of golf, which was fun and a pretty neat experience. We walked from there back up to the main strip, which was about 7 blocks....took our time and shopped again, drank some 1.00 Corona's while DW, and 2 DD's got bracelets made with their names in them....mozied back to the boat and got ready for dinner....Great day in Cozumel, best port of the trip.

I would highly recommend Paradise Beach. We Met Paradise Beach Tom, who runs the joint. Very friendly and cared actually about what we thought of the place. Here's a few Paradise Beach Photos....they offer a ton of ammenities, free snorkel gear (10$$ deposit per set), aqua iceberg and slide, water tramp, kiyaks, nice uncrowded beach, hair braiding, beach side massages, good food....the only thing they ask is you buy a drink or food....nice clean restrooms and changing rooms.

Paradise Beach Pics

Was unable to view pic's, said must be logged in as owner of site. Would love to be able to see them as we are planning to go there on our June 19th cruise. Thanks for the info.

We were at Paradise Beach too in late April and we had a wonderful time! Everything was fabulous: the beach, the food, the service, the clean changerooms, everything! We only had to pay $32 plus tip for food for 3 adults (a great, thick burger, fries, a spicy chicen wrap, more fries, nachos and salsa and 3 large Cokes....everything was delicious and very generous portions!). If you choose Paradise Beach, you will not regret it!

Have a great vacation!

Some friends on our cruise did the Dolphin swim and it is the biggest thing I regret not doing on the whole cruise.

The picture were just so amazing.

I wouldn't miss it again.

Jim

Hey thanks alot for the info. How deep is the water around the iceberg? Do you have to take a kayak out to get to it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter