• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cozumel Excursions

JenniferIsBored

I don't know what to put here
Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else, but has anyone been on the Xcaret Excursion that can give a detailed account? It really intrigues me but I'd like to know if it's worth the price or if the travel time from the ship to the park is too long.

I'd also love to hear about the other Cozumel Excursions, especially ones that include Mayan Ruins.
Thanks

We did the Tulum Ruins tour on our Oct. '03 cruise and loved it! I would have liked to have had more time at the ruins but we were able to see everything and have a quick swim on their beach. DS8 had waited "his whole life" ;) to see the ruins and they didn't disappoint.

Definitely try and do the Tulum Ruins excursion. It is very informative and the ruins and the scenery are incredible. It was a great experience and a really fun Mexican adventure!

It seems that just about every excursion has some "ruins" included. DD & I did the DCL horseback riding while DH & DS did the Chankanaab snorkeling. In both cases there was a minimum of 1 authentic artifact and also some reproductions.

But if you're really into seeing a lot I wouldn't count on anything other than Tulum or Xcaret.

One thing we experienced and most have reported is that in Mexico the excursions run MUCH longer than the posted times. So you wouldn't want to plan anything too tight, like a spa appointment, etc on top of a Cozumel excursion.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter