Cozumel Excursions?

What chocolate tour did you do? This sounds like something my kids would enjoy!

We also the chocolate tour...it was amazing. It is called the Kaokao chocolate factory. You can book online at $10 /person. It is about an 8 minute ride from downtown and it was $5 for the 4 of us. It it not a DCL excursion, but. We scheduled for 11 a.m. It is supposed to be an hour tour, but ours was almost 2 hours. You get to
Make chocolate from the cocoa bean...sooo much fun and you also get to try about 15 different types of chocolate. I read a lot of reviews on Trip advisor and
Everyone gave it 5 stars. You will love it.

I think we are planning on doing the Fury Snorkeling trip when we go to Cozumel.

We did this one as well. Our kids were 5,5,9,&11 at the time. They all had a blast. They do a little "party" on the way back. I wish we could have had more time at the beach but in all I thought it was great and I would do it again. Kids did see a ton of fish too.

We also the chocolate tour...it was amazing. It is called the Kaokao chocolate factory. You can book online at $10 /person. It is about an 8 minute ride from downtown and it was $5 for the 4 of us. It it not a DCL excursion, but. We scheduled for 11 a.m. It is supposed to be an hour tour, but ours was almost 2 hours. You get to
Make chocolate from the cocoa bean...sooo much fun and you also get to try about 15 different types of chocolate. I read a lot of reviews on Trip advisor and

I saw this online and was considering it for Oct 2015, now for sure it's on the list!

My DH and I will be on the Western Caribbean Cruise August 30-September 6. When we stop in Cozumel we will be doing the Cozumel Highlights, Ruins, and Discover Mexico Cultural Park-adult only departure. Has anyone else done this tour before and what did you think about it?

Hello,
We have been to Cozumel twice and did DCL excursions both times.First we did the semi-sub and it was ok.Lots of rocking and my daughter who is not prone to motion sickness was not feeling to well. We loved the Jeep excursion.They took us to Ruins,a lighthouse with such beautiful views,to the beach with a great lunch!Our guide was Jhorge,one of the best we have had yet.Had bottled water and soft drinks in a cooler so you never had to worry about the hot day!By far one of the best excursions we have been on.:thumbsup2

So glad to hear this! On our last Western cruise it was pouring on our Cozumel day so we didn't get to do any excursions (we had booked Fury Catamaran and it was canceled, then booked the jeep excursion which also got canceled), so are excited to see the sights of Cozumel and have a little beach time.

We had about 15 of us with kids at a variety of ages. We chose to do Cozumel on our own. We took taxi (2 vans) at $30 per van to Paradise Beach Club. It was my favorite place we went on our trip. $2 per person to get in. Huge pool and beach with chairs, umbrellas, hammocks, water toys. We LOVED it! They do ask that you spend $10 per person on food or drinks. It was worth it and very easy!

If you do choose this, don't buy the 'package' from the cab drivers. Wait til you get on property to save money. Have fun!

We are going to Cozumel in Oct and booked ans excursion to Chankanaab Park. Everything I have seen about this park looks fun.

DznyCrzy11 said:
My DH and I will be on the Western Caribbean Cruise August 30-September 6. When we stop in Cozumel we will be doing the Cozumel Highlights, Ruins, and Discover Mexico Cultural Park-adult only departure. Has anyone else done this tour before and what did you think about it?

Anyone have any feedback?

I had looked into this one but it has gotten a lot of unfavorable reviews on trip advisor, mostly due to safety things, so we are leaning more towards the jeep adventure.

Thank you!! I had booked this without much research and have now changed it to the chocolate tour!

I am so excited for this tour!! Did you pay $5 in Pesos or dollars? I've just booked the tour and after reading your review I am so excited. :cool1:

Thank you!! I had booked this without much research and have now changed it to the chocolate tour!

I am so excited for this tour!! Did you pay $5 in Pesos or dollars? I've just booked the tour and after reading your review I am so excited. :cool1:

You are going to have so much fun. Just make sure you print out the address for KAOKAO, so the taxi driver
Knows the address. it was $5 cash getting there, but $8 back to the ship. They will call for a taxi for you at
KAOKAO once you're ready to leave.

We did the Mayan ruins and beach club. I took my 8 year old son and he really was interested in the ruins and especially interested in the huge multicolored iguanas. Then we basically went around the island to get to the Beach Club and got a narration all about the island, it's history, hurricanes, etc. by our awesome tour guide Joel. Then we went to the beach club which was totally fun and the water felt awesome. My son and I ( wearing life vests) swam out to the bouncie in the ocean and had a great time, UNTIL, he slipped off and got a mouthful and noseful of water .(Not fun). But there was a pool, slide, etc. so my son hung out there while I kicked back under an umbrella. Totally awesome! Only downer, we got about an hour and a 1/2 at the club. Next time we are going to just take a taxi (which I read is cheap) straight to the beach club and hang out there all day.

Has anyone done the Off-road Excursion to Jade Caverns? If so how was it?

We did this excursion last month. I drove with my 10 year old granddaughter as a passenger. My husband drove behind us. Driving the xrail is tough because there is no power steering. It's also hot and dusty on the trail. The jade caverns weren't as pretty as I thought they were going to be. None of us went into the water but other guests did. The water had a lot of stuff floating in it. I honestly don't believe it was worth the money. Quite a few of the xrails broke down during the long hot dusty trip so we had to wait in a line in the heat. The xrail that my husband was driving lost it's steering completely and he had no control and drove off into the woods. We booked through Disney. The staff at 'Wild Tours' was very nice. They did their best. We purchased a disk of images at the end of the ride and it was a bit confusing. I'm thinking that maybe they are new at selling image disks because they really didn't know what they were doing. I had to pay double the price for the disk because we had two cars. Here is a picture of me and my granddaughter taken by the staff of Wild Tours..

14043401058_1d74487516_s.jpg
[/url]wild tours mud puddle by * Rhonda *, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm sorry the pic is coming out as a thumbnail. You can click on it and it should take you to my flickr page for a larger view.

My description sounds pretty bad but it was ok. It was nice to be out and see different things but it was also wonderful to get back to the ship. :-)

After reading your endorsement, we checked out their website and we booked this tour for our cruise this summer. Thanks!

We've never done a tour in Cozumel through the cruiselines. We always do it on our own. We have gone to Paradise Beach, done a private cooking class with Josephina, Walked 1-2 miles from the shopping district, taken a taxi out to Chankanaab and done the dolphin swim. Not once did we feel unsafe. We always make sure we leave to go back to the cruiseship with lots of time to spare. Most of the time it is easy to get a taxi and they don't poke when they drive (lol).

We've taxied to Chank twice. Last time, the taxi dudes tried to get us to change our minds. Pretty sure they get kickbacks for getting tourists to go to certain places. We did finally get a van to take us there. Just let em know that's the only place you are going. Otherwise we had no probs. I love Coz! Its like the Daytona of cruise ports. Beautiful local made wares too.

I wish I was going to Chan soon! The fish are so friendly. The food and fresh guac is amazing. The sea lion show was so cute. Its a great day for about $40. Bring your own snorkel gear and wave hi to the iguanas for me!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter