Cozumel excursion question / need advice

oybolshoi

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I are considering one of two shore excursions at Cozumel for our 10/23/04 Magic cruise:

1) Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel, & Beach Party

2) Tropical Beach Safari Tour

I was wondering if anyone here has taken either of these excursions (or both!) and would like to know your thoughts... did you enjoy it? would you do it again? did you still have enough time to do some shopping (and some drinking :teeth: ) ?

Thanks in advance - I'm looking forward to reading your responses!

Oybolshoi

This past April, our family did the disney Jeep Tour and had a fabulous time. It is a great way to see parts of Cozumel.
Advice I was given from a previous poster was to take towels with you to sit on in the jeep as the seats can get very hot. The other advice I would give is to choose a jeep that has a roof. It was extremely hot and sunny the day we went and we were glad to have the protection from a roof.
They take you through the jungle on a very, very bumpy path. Yes path, I wouldn't call it a road. It is absolutely hillarious. They stop at some ruins and give you an explanation. You are then given water and return to the jeeps where they guide you to a beach.
At the beach you are treated to a authentic mexican meal. The food was really good. There are umbrellas and blankets set up for you to enjoy while swimming in the ocean. The ocean was rough so don't plan on snorkeling in this area.
Our family still talks about the adventure. If you plan on booking it, do it before your cruise because this is one excursion that books up quickly.

There is time to shop when you return from the tour but you will probably feel very salty, dusty and in need of a cool drink before you return to the shopping area!

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter