Cowboy Mark.....the best job in the world?

Robert6401

Mouseketeer
You know, Cowboy Mark who does the singalong. Seems like he works for about an hour a day playing the guitar and singing a few songs. All in all sounds like a pretty good gig with a short schedule. Am I missing something?

Those in the entertainment sector of Disney seldom work one gig. Cowboy Mark most likely works some of the other resorts. When Pleasure Island had a live band at the West End the lead guitarist for Off Kilter was also the lead guitarist for Freddie and the West End Boys.

Yes, Deb is right. I inquired on what it would take to retire as an oboe player at Disney and they informed me that I would have to audition on oboe, flute and saxophone in order to utilize all positions they would need filled in the woodwind section. Since I played two of the three at the time, I decided learning the third was in my future. It wasn't that hard, once you have the two down, the third is a cake walk really. However, they won't audition anyone on just one instrument is what I am getting at. Nor will they let a singer do just one gig. Now, I have 15 more years of teaching.....:laughing: before I can get in the retirement mood. (I have to last that long!)

Those in the entertainment sector of Disney seldom work one gig. Cowboy Mark most likely works some of the other resorts. When Pleasure Island had a live band at the West End the lead guitarist for Off Kilter was also the lead guitarist for Freddie and the West End Boys.

When Miss Sundee did the singalong she worked at the bike barn during the day. I haven't seen this guy around but I assure you he isn't being paid enough for that 30 minute gig.

Also, I remember Julie used to do the singalong a lot too and now she's doing the Chuckwagon and I see her riding in a golf cart a lot. OT but I used to like when she asked where you were from and did the states song in alphabetical order.

Thanks for the education. I figured there was more to it than meets the eye. Still seems like a fun job and Mark always puts on a good show, especially fun show during Christmas-time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter