Cove coffee card may no longer carry over

wombat_5606

DIS Veteran
Just got off the Magic and the Cove coffee cards cannot be brought back onboard and continued. Each card is only good for that cruise.

So, all you coffee lovers, plan accordingly.

Agreed. :thumbsup2

I'm not even a coffee drinker, but, really, how much are they "losing" by allowing it to carry over?

The only thing I can think is that maybe someone used their own stamp that looked similar to the one used in the Cove while at home and then brought it back next time? But even that makes no sense, because if that were the case and someone was willing to be so dishonest they could take said stamp aboard with them.

I have just sent an email to DCL kindly asking them to reconsider if this is, in fact, a new rule fleet wide.

That's a bummer. I just pulled ours out last night for our cruise this Saturday. We were commenting how we only had two more coffees before the free one.

Can not understand the logic, other than making you buy five coffees on one cruise. We typically only get one each, prefer not to pay for the specialty coffees.

The only thing I can think is that maybe someone used their own stamp that looked similar to the one used in the Cove while at home and then brought it back next time? But even that makes no sense, because if that were the case and someone was willing to be so dishonest they could take said stamp aboard with them.

I have just sent an email to DCL kindly asking them to reconsider if this is, in fact, a new rule fleet wide.
Just more of "falling in line with what other cruise lines policies are" mentality?

I, also, just send an email to DCL telling them that I feel it's not a good move.

Agreed. :thumbsup2

I'm not even a coffee drinker, but, really, how much are they "losing" by allowing it to carry over?

Totally agree! It probably won't stop us from ordering our two speciality whatevers next week, but is still kind of stupid. Especially after reading that you can bring your re-fillable pop corn buckets on subsequent cruise and get the refill price.

Will most likely not email DCL, but will be interested in their response.

If it's just a card that's stamped, how do they know which cruise it's from? Does it have the cruise date stamped on it?

No, it doesn't have a date stamped on it. They have changed the card design, so they are going to know the old ones for now.

My husband went disembarkation morning to buy 2 coffees which finished our new card. The CM took it from him and told him it would not be good for a "free" coffee for a future cruise. Poor husband did not ask any questions.

That's a bummer. I just pulled ours out last night for our cruise this Saturday. We were commenting how we only had two more coffees before the free one.

Can not understand the logic, other than making you buy five coffees on one cruise. We typically only get one each, prefer not to pay for the specialty coffees.

I would say take your card. You may get some pixie dust.

Argh, I've got at least 2 or 3 partially filled cards from prior cruises. Will be sailing the ebta cruise so hoping for a policy reversal or leniency. I usually use mine on the loose-leaf tea.

No, it doesn't have a date stamped on it. They have changed the card design, so they are going to know the old ones for now.

My husband went disembarkation morning to buy 2 coffees which finished our new card. The CM took it from him and told him it would not be good for a "free" coffee for a future cruise. Poor husband did not ask any questions.

Perhaps this is a case of a misinformed cast member. We can always hope.

Perhaps this is a case of a misinformed cast member. We can always hope.

I had actually read about this in someone's trip report prior to our cruise. Hadn't seen it mentioned here, but experienced it firsthand.

I just hope it's not fleet-wide OR that we can change their minds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter