Cove Cafe with no coffee?

the_bUg

Mouseketeer
Does it irk anyone else that they don't serve just straight up drip coffee at the cove cafe? I mean, 1 machine, a couple decanters and a selection of light/medium/dark roast coffee would be fine. Similar setup to how Starbucks works.

I'm not big on the mochalottacrapacinos, but I like a good cup of coffee. On my first cruise I went in to Cove expecting I could get a decent cup of coffee and left disappointed to look for the NESTLE(tm) coffee on tap fillerup station. :sad:

It continues to boggle my mind that something as simple as decent cup of coffee Disney cannot seem to get right. Maybe the situation will improve when Starbucks pays to put a kiosk on the ship...

Any theories as to why Disney seems completely against serving a decent cup of one of the most popular drinks in the world?

I don't mind the coffee in the main dining rooms. But I agree this should be something that is achievable.

Eh, since I put milk and sugar in my coffee anyway a cafe latte does just fine for me. :thumbsup2

Yeah, but that Nes-Crapé has got to go...

Eh, since I put milk and sugar in my coffee anyway a cafe latte does just fine for me. :thumbsup2

Yeah, but that Nes-Crapé has got to go...

Same for me :thumbsup2 And when I'm looking for something really strong the macchiato does the trick. :)

We just returned and I ordered a large americano every afternoon. It was $3.74 with the 15% gratuity. The best part about it is they serve illy coffee in Cove Cafe.

Or you can ask for an espresso "allongee" (stretched), pretty well the same as an Americano!

This is one thing I am suprised Disney has not addressed their awful coffee.

I have to wait every morning till the Cafe opens because that other stuff doesn't qualify as coffee. When I discovered Cove Cafe on the Wonder it REALLY made my day. I was about finished with the bulk dishwater.

Is a real coffee that hard to do?

When I travel I bring Starbucks Via's with me. That way all I need is a cup of hot water and I'm sane again. :coffee:

That is a GREAT idea!

I sail in just over a month... I'm starting my packing now ;)

When I travel I bring Starbucks Via's with me. That way all I need is a cup of hot water and I'm sane again. :coffee:

Me too. I ordered a carafe of Coffee from room service every night and in the morning I would pour the Starbucks Via into the Nescafe. Voila, extra strong coffee. :rotfl2:

They will make your coffee anyway you wish....just ask them. They obviously can't list every variant of a coffee on the menu and I am sure they like to promote the specialty ones...but just ask for what you want and they will accommodate you.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter