• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cove Cafe is supposed to be adults only...

I have actually been on the Magic twice and never knew they had coffee on the lower decks - I know, shame on me, I have waited in some long lines on port days. Then again, before you knock me down too much, I can solemnly swear I have never taken my kids into the Cove Cafe, so hopefully I won't be the object of too much ire!

Thanks for politely pointing out there is coffee down there as well, good to know for the next time.

I think just for fun on my next cruise I'll take my 3 year old to get a milk shake in Cove Cafe now.

Watch all the dirty looks and just laugh at the ppl in grumpy moods.

That's a great idea, in fact, I'll join you for that milk shake and fire up a nice big stogey and hang out with you and your 3 year old. After all, they only have a rule against smoking, not like anyone needs to abide by it, right buddy?

There is no reason on earth why kids should be allowed everywhere, and this includes the adult-only areas on Disney cruise ships. If they can't be happy exploring 95% of the ship which is accessible to them, then perhaps they need to stay home.

This entitlement mentality starts at a young age. We all know what kind of adults these entitled kids grow up to be. It's not pretty.
:thumbsup2 Exactly. Well said.

This adult-only policy needs to be better policed.

I'm a grumpy adult who gets annoyed when kids even walk through the area with parents. So, that elevator is closer to your room? Go to another deck and walk across. I would.

I've cheered on CMs who made people with kids, lounging on the chairs, leave. I've even taken their names and commended them to Guest Services.

When my daughter was under 18, I wouldn't allow her to do that out of courtesy to the others utilizing the area. It would be nice if others extended that same courtesy to all of us.

The no children in Cove cafe is one I agree with.. HOWEVER, I can't believe that you think that kids should not walk through that area to get to an elevator.. Just in case you did not know, You have to walk through the side of the adult pool to get through the Concierge cabins.. I would be damned if someone suggested to my child to go down an elevator just to walk across the ship and go back up to avoid being seen. If you have a problem with kids walking through to get to their concierge cabins then I suggest you take it up with the people that designed the ship.

robin19871 said:
The no children in Cove cafe is one I agree with.. HOWEVER, I can't believe that you think that kids should not walk through that area to get to an elevator.. Just in case you did not know, You have to walk through the side of the adult pool to get through the Concierge cabins.. I would be damned if someone suggested to my child to go down an elevator just to walk across the ship and go back up to avoid being seen. If you have a problem with kids walking through to get to their concierge cabins then I suggest you take it up with the people that designed the ship.

I believe the original plan was just that. Kids would go up to 12 walk the deck there and go back down to 11. However, they quickly discovered you can't inconvenience those who are paying the most to cruise.

Edit to correct to correct deck numbers

That's a great idea, in fact, I'll join you for that milk shake and fire up a nice big stogey and hang out with you and your 3 year old. After all, they only have a rule against smoking, not like anyone needs to abide by it, right buddy?

:thumbsup2
:worship:
:thumbsup2

I honestly think that if having a kid walk through the adult pool area or wait in line while the parent grabs a drink is the downfall of your vacation, you're probably in the wrong place.

First...chill out. You're on vacation...are you really going to let a kid walking by or whatever ruin your hard earned money's worth of time looking at a beautiful ocean? If you really want that exclusive adults area...be warned that you may NOT get it on DCL...accept it.

Second...there are plenty of options for families to do...so knowingly don't drag them into adults only areas.

I believe the original plan was just that. Kids would go up to 13 walk the deck there and go back down to 12. However, they quickly discovered you can't inconvenience those who are paying the most to cruise.

We actually do walk up to deck 13 and go down the side stairs.. However, that still puts you walking by the side of the pool as well as walking through the smoking area. :furious: If my son comes back from the club to go to our room then he has to walk the same way back to get to our room..

I honestly think that if having a kid walk through the adult pool area or wait in line while the parent grabs a drink is the downfall of your vacation, you're probably in the wrong place.

First...chill out. You're on vacation...are you really going to let a kid walking by or whatever ruin your hard earned money's worth of time looking at a beautiful ocean? If you really want that exclusive adults area...be warned that you may NOT get it on DCL...accept it.

Second...there are plenty of options for families to do...so knowingly don't drag them into adults only areas.

Your post makes a lot of sense. One has to be reasonable in these situations. While I want the adult-only areas respected and I in turn respect the kids-only areas, there are going to be instances where it's simply not realistic. For instance I don't expect anyone to have to walk up or down a deck to avoid the adults-only pool. That is unreasonable. Just walk through but do so politely and keep the noise down. Regarding the Cova Cafe, if there are alternatives which allow children that offer the same beverages, then use those alternatives.

The problem is when rules start getting ignored even when it seems harmless, it usually leads to bigger problems and more rule breaking by others. If a family sees kids in the Cova Cafe even just standing and waiting for their parents to order a drink, they think "why can't we go in there" and that is when the problems begin. So many people have the mentality where they can't stand anyone getting something they don't have. Anyway it's why the rules are in place to begin with.

I agree with this, actually. Not just the concierge cruisers either. They put an adult-only area right between the forward elevator and the family pool. It's poor planning, and it annoys me that DCL didn't consider this. I don't blame anyone who's just trying to get from point A to point B for going through there, as a result.

You know how it is though. When someone with kids walks through, no big deal. When someone with noisy or unruly kids walks through, I grimace and think, "Why the heck did they put that elevator there?!" And when someone gets off the elevator and wanders around the adult area with their kids for awhile, the kids coming over to the pool (where there's sometimes serious drinking going on, and it's not at all age appropriate), with no intention of going until someone asks them to, then getting angry at being asked to follow the rules, that's where I stop blaming the ship and blaming the people being inconsiderate.

I agree with this, actually. Not just the concierge cruisers either. They put an adult-only area right between the forward elevator and the family pool. It's poor planning, and it annoys me that DCL didn't consider this. I don't blame anyone who's just trying to get from point A to point B for going through there, as a result.

You know how it is though. When someone with kids walks through, no big deal. When someone with noisy or unruly kids walks through, I grimace and think, "Why the heck did they put that elevator there?!" And when someone gets off the elevator and wanders around the adult area with their kids for awhile, the kids coming over to the pool (where there's sometimes serious drinking going on, and it's not at all age appropriate), with no intention of going until someone asks them to, then getting angry at being asked to follow the rules, that's where I stop blaming the ship and blaming the people being inconsiderate.

:thumbsup2 Perfect.

I did once see a lady bring her diapered toddler to the adult pool and try to get in with her - twice - despite being told by a CM.:eek:

robin19871 said:
We actually do walk up to deck 13 and go down the side stairs.. However, that still puts you walking by the side of the pool as well as walking through the smoking area. :furious: If my son comes back from the club to go to our room then he has to walk the same way back to get to our room..

I realized where my mistake is. Quiet Cove is deck 11 so kids would go up to deck 12 cross and go down from deck 12. No part of deck 12 is adults only. Deck 13 is satellite falls and the bar area.

Let's see..... if Disney cruise line advertises their cruises to all families (including the ones without children) and adults only and it offers adults only areas then that is exactly what it should offer and enforce, and that is exactly what I expect when I book with them.::yes::

As others have said, there is enough ship for everyone. :rotfl:

I agree with the poor planning as well as no children should stop in the adult areas.. My 14 year old walks down the side of those stairs like he is on fire to get through them because he knows that he is not allowed to stay there..

Also to everyone complaining about the elevators if you ate in any room other than conceirge deck 11 it is the exact same distance you would be walking either way you can just either do it through the adult area or do it through the other areas.

Just adding I agree it is poor planning but it isn't any faster than going to the mid elevator.

Also to everyone complaining about the elevators if you ate in any room other than conceirge deck 11 it is the exact same distance you would be walking either way you can just either do it through the adult area or do it through the other areas.

Just adding I agree it is poor planning but it isn't any faster than going to the mid elevator.

It is actually quite a bit faster when you are headed to the family pools or the Aquaduck. (I am referring to Concierge.) No need to go down to just walk across and go back up.. And it applies to deck 12 as well not just 11.

robin19871 said:
It is actually quite a bit faster when you are headed to the family pools or the Aquaduck. (I am referring to Concierge.) No need to go down to just walk across and go back up.. And it applies to deck 12 as well not just 11.

Maybe the elevators are more crowded mid but you could just take the steps.

I'm not against kids walking through but just saying the forward elevator isn't the only option and the mid elevators are before you get to the Mickey pool area so it is equal distance.

I understand DCL is a family cruise line for the most part. They give the adults 1coffe shop and 1 small pool area. For the amount of money charged for those cruises I should not have to see or hear anyone undet18 in either of those areas for even a minute, even just walking through.

I understand DCL is a family cruise line for the most part. They give the adults 1coffe shop and 1 small pool area. For the amount of money charged for those cruises I should not have to see or hear anyone undet18 in either of those areas for even a minute, even just walking through.

Try telling that to those who stay in concierge who pay sometimes double what a regular room cost. Kids are going to be walking through, DCL allows it and they just have to keep on walking and no stopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter