Courtenay and Brian's 10-14-12 Wishes Wedding WP and ADH

Menu Cards even though we have a buffet?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congrats on your last day of work!!

Those cartridges are adorable! You're making progress! So exciting!!

I love the favors! What a good idea!

Great idea making the favors yourself! Your guests will appreciate them even more I bet. I hope you had a great weekend with your mom! I love my mama, too!

Loving your post! :) What a good idea to make the chocolate lollies yourself, gotta love a weddingy bargain! :)

Are you in the Facebook Disboard group? Im trying to find you online! :)

X X X

Congrats on your last day of work!!

Those cartridges are adorable! You're making progress! So exciting!!

I love the favors! What a good idea!

Thanks! I am trying to get ahead. And it's fun once I get started. :artist: I'll keep ya updated on how everything turns out.

Great idea making the favors yourself! Your guests will appreciate them even more I bet. I hope you had a great weekend with your mom! I love my mama, too!

I hope so; I think they will be good. I love making that kind of stuff so it should be more fun than stressful. Hopefully I don't make anyone sick lol.

Loving your post! :) What a good idea to make the chocolate lollies yourself, gotta love a weddingy bargain! :)

Are you in the Facebook Disboard group? Im trying to find you online! :)

X X X

Faye- yes, I love a bargain. I am quite excited about them. I am not on the Facebook Disboard group...I don't even know how to find it. I searched for it and can't seem to figure out where it is. Find me please!!!! Search for Courtenay Bowers. :grouphug:

Hi! Just a quick note to say sorry for not being around for a while. With the new job it's a lot harder to log in and make updates. I can't even access my personal email from work any more. But I CAN access the DISboards. :worship: I have been busy though. I have almost made it through the first two weeks and it's benn going great.

Other than work I have been completely addicted to The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. I never watched it before this last month and cannot get enough...I'll let you guess the two reasons why (they include Stefan and Damon). :love: Future Hubby is not thrilled with my love affair but he loves the show too.

Wedding notes: Not a whole lot of updates. I started making my table names with my Cricut and Cuttlebug. How fun! Love it. I still have about 20 more to make but we have a little less than 5 months so it should be fine. I received our wedding bubbles from The Knot and they are adorable and I had no problems with them at all- they were full, not yellowy colored like some reviews had said. I am awaiting our Cinderella style pillow with glass slipper that I purchased from Etsy- it's been several weeks since ordering so not sure what's up with that. Let ya know what it looks like when it arrives. Excited! DF's groomsmen stink at getting things done (except for one of them, his friend Tony); his best man just now got his measurements and hasn't even sent them to men's warehouse. I think the other guys finally started to get a move on so that's totally awesome. But like someone very smart on here said once, sometimes other people, especially guys, do not have a sense of ergency. But we know they will get everything done so it's just fine. Things are moving along very smoothly and I thank God for that. I can't complain, I am lucky that everything is working out and it is as least stressful as a wedding can be.

Glad to be back and xoxo to everyone!

-Court-

Sucks about your new job and not being able to access your email but yay Disboards.

I haven't seen the last 5 eps of Vampire Diaries but plan on catching up this weekend. My partner doesn't like it so I play catch up when he is gone.

Ugh men, get your measurements in allready so it's one less thing for the bride to worry about LOL

Hello hello! Long time no see. Things have been stalled a bit because of the new job and a lack of time. I love the DISboards and you guys but when I get home the last thing I want to do is get on the computer...after making dinner, and taking care of Sadie, it's late and I am pooped. Plus most of the planning that could be done had been done, and now that we have hit the 4 month mark (WOW!!) it's time to kick it in to gear again. Here's what we have left that I can think of right now:

• Pick out BM Shoes (we are thinking silver)
  • Get Brian's tux fitted
  • Make programs (ahhh)- still working on this
  • Pick out and buy rehearsal dinner invitations
  • Finish making table names (they are really cute so far)
  • Make CD of our ceremony music (we have to loop and edit a lot of songs, hopefully this isn't too hard- anyone have any suggestions of the best way to do this?)
  • Finalize wedding list
  • Finalize decorations (decide on whether or not to get characters, have a $700 gobo -probably not)
  • Decide on whether or not to add more green into the color mix (do you guys think this will be too much?)
  • Make appointments for BMs to have hair and makeup done
  • Mom needs to get her dress
  • set up dinner reservations for honeymoon
  • Create an itenerary for Brian and myself
  • MARRIAGE LICENSE

That's pretty much all I can think of at this time...oh! and make "Welcome/Thank You" Bags. Ok, that's about it. I am sure there is more that I am missing. Let me know if you think of anything.

We purchased our ring pillow as I mentioned in my last post and it came in. It looks great! Better than I expected. Here it is:
slipperpillow.jpg

Slipperupclose.jpg

I have been looking for hair styles for my bridesmaids and here is what I am really loving (wish I could do it to my hair but I know that I prefer my hair down and so does Brian):
Side-Swepthairwithbangs.jpg

sidebunwithflowers.jpg

bunwithbraid.jpg

bradedside-sweptwithflower.jpg

We also received our wedding signature from Shadowryter here on the DISboards. It will go on the wedding fan programs, and I am almost done with getting the formatting perfect. It hasn't been easy trying to get everything on the fan. Thank you shadowryter! What an amazing job!
WeddingSignatureCourtenayBrian.jpg

Lastly, here is a pic of one of the table names: The Little Mermaid. I made this with my cricut create (I think that's the one, it's the little one). I bought shimmery white cardstock for the backing, which is hard to see in this picture, and blue, burgundy, and green cardstock for the rest of the card since it matches the theme. All of them basically follow the same scheme and so they look similar but with different names. I'll try to remember to snap a few shots of the rest of the ones I have made so far and post them.

TLMTableName.jpg

Glad to be back and hopefully I am here more often. xoxo to you all and I hope you are doing absolutely wonderful.

-Court-

Sorry for coming late to the party! CONGRATS!!

Everything is looking so beautiful and I am sorry that you have had such a rough time with your family being sick and all.

Hope that everyone is in good health now. I am hoping my 102 year old great Aunt will make my wedding! LOL Fingers crossed!

I truly LOVE your ring pillow and I have been looking everywhere for it. Can you tell me where on etsy you got it??

I am much obliged and can't wait to hear about more wedding planning!! :cheer2:

Sorry for coming late to the party! CONGRATS!!

Everything is looking so beautiful and I am sorry that you have had such a rough time with your family being sick and all.

Hope that everyone is in good health now. I am hoping my 102 year old great Aunt will make my wedding! LOL Fingers crossed!

I truly LOVE your ring pillow and I have been looking everywhere for it. Can you tell me where on etsy you got it??

I am much obliged and can't wait to hear about more wedding planning!! :cheer2:

Hi Kelly! So glad you have joined in. I will be sure to stop by your page too. So, for the ring pillow, I went on to Etsy to try and find the shop and it says that it no longer exists. It was from a place called hand made happyevraftr. And here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/handmadehappyevraftr?ref=seller_info

But for whatever reason it won't work and I can't even get to the shop from my account page where I purchased the pillow. Maybe the seller shut down her store? I am really sorry. I wish I could be more help. I even found this page: http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/handmade-happy-ever-after-rosharon/db75695b6bb38431.html and it doesn't link to anything any more either. Maybe it will be back up and running in a few months but I don't know.

Here are some similar products you may like:
http://www.weddingcollectibles.com/...Slipper-Wedding-Ring-Bearer-Pillow-p-486.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cinderella+ring+bearer+pillow

This is a pink pillow but maybe they can make you one that is a different color:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9897532...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

Hope you find what you want and if I can help more, let me know. Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Hi Kelly! So glad you have joined in. I will be sure to stop by your page too. So, for the ring pillow, I went on to Etsy to try and find the shop and it says that it no longer exists. It was from a place called hand made happyevraftr. And here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/handmadehappyevraftr?ref=seller_info

But for whatever reason it won't work and I can't even get to the shop from my account page where I purchased the pillow. Maybe the seller shut down her store? I am really sorry. I wish I could be more help. I even found this page: http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/handmade-happy-ever-after-rosharon/db75695b6bb38431.html and it doesn't link to anything any more either. Maybe it will be back up and running in a few months but I don't know.

Here are some similar products you may like:
http://www.weddingcollectibles.com/...Slipper-Wedding-Ring-Bearer-Pillow-p-486.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cinderella+ring+bearer+pillow

This is a pink pillow but maybe they can make you one that is a different color:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9897532...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

Hope you find what you want and if I can help more, let me know. Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Thank you so much for doing some research for me! You are too sweet! :hug:

I actually was able to find the same pillow without the glass slipper on ebay here http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...90&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_3177wt_952

I am just going to go on arribas and add the slipper myself. Thank goodness for crazy glue!! :woohoo:

Thanks again for all your digging for me. Glad to have you as a fellow Disney-loving bride!

Hey Court,

Sorry I have been away for so long! You seem to have been busy! New job started yet? Me married! I finished my PJ... :( its sad but happy all at the same time!

I have looked everywhere for you on Facebook! I can not see you! Add me instead - Faye Capp :) Hopefully you can add me then I can suggest you to the group - Disbrides group! xx

See you soon chick!

X

Thank you so much for doing some research for me! You are too sweet! :hug:

I actually was able to find the same pillow without the glass slipper on ebay here http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...90&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_3177wt_952

I am just going to go on arribas and add the slipper myself. Thank goodness for crazy glue!! :woohoo:

Thanks again for all your digging for me. Glad to have you as a fellow Disney-loving bride!

Of course! No problem at all. I got on a mission to find it lol, but I couldn't. I am so glad you found it. And it looks like you'll probably come out less expensive then the etsy one. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see a picture when it's finished. ;)

Hey Court,

Sorry I have been away for so long! You seem to have been busy! New job started yet? Me married! I finished my PJ... :( its sad but happy all at the same time!

I have looked everywhere for you on Facebook! I can not see you! Add me instead - Faye Capp :) Hopefully you can add me then I can suggest you to the group - Disbrides group! xx

See you soon chick!

X

Faye! Hi, so happy you are back. Missed you! :hug: I am invisible on facebook...sorry about that I will go add you now. I am so happy you're married! :banana: Sad about the PJ being over but super happy you're a married girl. Your wedding was beautiful. We are getting close to our big day, only a little over 3 months now. And then we will both be married. :yay:

Good to hear from you again!

Of course! No problem at all. I got on a mission to find it lol, but I couldn't. I am so glad you found it. And it looks like you'll probably come out less expensive then the etsy one. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see a picture when it's finished. ;)

Definitely will post it! Thanks for the help and can't wait to hear more about your fabulous wedding! :woohoo:

Hiya! I'm just joining in!

I love your little mermaid touches! I am also glad to see someone who has a larger wedding! and paired with the fact your adamant with your budget!

You're soon to be hubby did a great job on picking out the ring, too bad it was shotty workmanship! :/ The new one is amazing too! and it looks a lot more sparkly! :D :D

I can't wait to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter